Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvXLL7e3VYg&t=128s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

You're internet photons will be stuck in traffick with all the superspeed stock market spambot's though

True

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
I am the CEO of this company with 3dsmax open for some loving reason

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

posting some random gold from previous thread

carry on.

Let's have a battle.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

ManofManyAliases posted:

Cilantro is one of those ingredients that are really polarizing for people. Some people's taste buds have absolutely no problem with it. Others feel like they want to cut out their tongues.

There's actually been some cool genetic studies related to the hatred of cilantro. It turns out my not liking it is influenced by my genes but not so much that it's un-fixable, so I really have no excuse.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

Cilantro is one of those ingredients that are really polarizing for people. Some people's taste buds have absolutely no problem with it. Others feel like they want to cut out their tongues.

NOT BEING ABLE TO TURN

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1 tried to turn
2 couldn't not turn

ACTUAL RESULT
it happens randomly but this time was after i quantum jumped, then when i came out of the jump i could not turn my ship, until i got in and out of my ship, ive also had it when my trusters are stuck on so i can't get out of strafing to the right but that's for another thread!

EXPECTED RESULT
got out of my ship and back in to fix it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjTzUP8LygA

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

ManofManyAliases posted:

It's genetic. http://www.nature.com/news/soapy-taste-of-coriander-linked-to-genetic-variants-1.11398

Same for earwax hardness.

Beet Wagon posted:

There's actually been some cool genetic studies related to the hatred of cilantro. It turns out my not liking it is influenced by my genes but not so much that it's un-fixable, so I really have no excuse.

I love Cilantro. But I can taste _every_ sugar substitute you can mention. Like distinct levels of nasty.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

TheAgent posted:

That thing's pretty much their game engine so

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Hav posted:

I love Cilantro. But I can taste _every_ sugar substitute you can mention. Like distinct levels of nasty.

Exact :same:

I used to not mind sweeteners, but some random day long ago my throat revolted and now they all have different weird metallic aftertastes. Aspartame is worst - no, saccharine is worst. Bleh.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Has someone got any news about the $48 million stretch goal, the Retaliator commercial? I haven't heard of it since

And that was a while ago, I haven't heard from the "cinematics team" or how their work proceeds either

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Thoatse posted:

What does your heart tell you?

:negative:

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

I don't see through you Derek.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

Read this: I made delicious fish tacos the other day. Lightly fried haddock, radish and slaw, topped with cilantro lime sauce in a warmed corn tortilla.

Flour or corn?

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

DapperDon posted:

Flour or corn?

Corn:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

That looks tasty

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Looks like the planet you can see from port olisararr

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

It will be cool to grow corn and craft tortillas on my spaceship.

Hopefully someone else can be a fish monger in the verse, not sure I have the time to tackle it all.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Colostomy Bag posted:

It will be cool to grow corn and craft tortillas on my spaceship.

Hopefully someone else can be a fish monger in the verse, not sure I have the time to tackle it all.

Star Citizen: No time to tackle it all

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

peter gabriel posted:

Looks like the planet you can see from port olisararr

They have to Archer the planet from somewhere, after all.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

ManofManyAliases posted:

Star Citizen: No time to tackle it all

fun moma is back

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
SQ42 cinematic PREP work

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Has someone got any news about the $48 million stretch goal, the Retaliator commercial? I haven't heard of it since

And that was a while ago, I haven't heard from the "cinematics team" or how their work proceeds either

It's weird how they always seem to be prioritizing the wrong thing. Also weird how they managed to release that 4 part galactic gear commerical just a few months ago.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Enchanted Hat posted:

You think you can just waltz into some mining area in space and start digging? You're going to need a mining permit first!

That you need to pay to renew regularly.

That's a nice vein of shavonium you get there. Be a pity if something happened to it.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Virtual Captain posted:

Got me thinking, correct me if I'm wrong but can current Star Citizen pilot AI do anything but try to shoot you out of the sky? I've never seen video of patrol ships and obviously mining/cargo NPCs don't exist.

There is another kickstarted space game called "Limit Theory" and the one man dev at least had NPCs floating around doing stuff before going into a tailspin. Undeniably Star Citizen in a microcosm as the guy has been refactoring the engine for 2+ years.

Actually someone proved in a video that the NPCs in the PU that spawn for missions are just on a scripted loop. They managed to trigger the spawn event while being off in the distance and you could see the ships just repeating the same actions over and over, but it tricks the idiot backers with smoke and mirrors apparently because they say it's better than any AAA game out there when it's just bots firing all their weapons in loops and it looks somewhat convincing if you are in the middle of it when it spawns.

Any videos I've seen of Vanduul Swarm are just flying around and picking a target to kill, so the AI there might even be just scripted to fly in circles firing it's weapons since I've never seen someone get chased by the AI, just killed when there are enough NPCs spawning that the hail of random fire and missiles takes you out.

It either speaks to how delusional the backers are or how little people actually play the game that more people haven't figured out there is no actual AI yet. Just like that homestead demo with NPCs performing a single action (Walk back and forth) (stand in one place firing gun) if you are an idiot that looks like AI.

Space Crabs fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Apr 11, 2017

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I need you all to sign this

https://www.change.org/p/derek-smar...medium=copylink

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Beet Wagon posted:

They used to do a thing in high school biology courses, when they covered genetics, to have students compare their taste of cilantro to their parents. This isn't done so much anymore because it tended to cause problems when the results suggested the student's father wasn't actually their biological father.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Hav posted:

I've also tried every sugar substitute I've been able to get my hands on. I still want to try the monk fruit based one. They're all weird tasting, even the ones that aren't supposed to be. Most often they taste kind of metallic. Even the two big ones now, sucralose, and stevia, just taste wrong. The classic aspartame (I think that's what in diet Coke) makes me feel kind of not well and pushes me toward having a headache, granted I was predisposed to extremely severe migraines in my childhood.

The only one I've ever liked was xylitol. Xylitol tastes great, has a subtle cooling effect like mint, cooks and browns just like sugar, and is naturally derived from cherries and birch bark. I like the taste of xylitol better than sugar. It's also acts as an antibiotic, and helps prevent cavities. Problem is, it also acts as an osmotic laxative. 3-4 teaspoon of it might leave you stuck on the toilet for an hour or two. Xylitol is why eating too many cherries gives you the shits.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

So many of their stretch goals are just completely dumb or even counter productive. The stretch goal for a commercial is mind boggling. Gives us more money so we can make a meta commercial, for some reason. The $49 million goal is even more dumb.

quote:

Xi’An Space Plant – Similar to a bonsai tree, the Centennial Bloom is a very famous Xi’An plant indigenous to Eealus III that blossoms for one night every one hundred years. They sell the plants in sealed terrariums to traders. Ever since their introduction to the UEE, Humanity has been fascinated by these beautiful plants and the wait for them to bloom.

Get us to $49 million so we'll make you a plant that blooms once every hundred years. What the gently caress?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Enchanted Hat posted:

You think you can just waltz into some mining area in space and start digging? You're going to need a mining permit first!

This is my part of the game.

Press X to sign here.

Press X to confirm TOS.

Press X to sign on dotted line.

Press ABBAX to put signature on li-

You failed, restarting application process.

Press X to sign here.

Press X to confirm TOS.

Press

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The petition is closed after not even making half their goal. I KNEW I shouldn't have trusted you. Something seemed off about that link.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

I'd like to confirm this since I work for him. I also have 3ds Max open, but it's for when we're building procedurally generated things. And stuff.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

The Titanic posted:

This is my part of the game.

Press X to sign here.

Press X to confirm TOS.

Press X to sign on dotted line.

Press ABBAX to put signature on li-

You failed, restarting application process.

Press X to sign here.

Press X to confirm TOS.

Press

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Have you had them fresh out of the fryer and folded over the taco with just a little salt? I can eat those all day long with some sour cream and jalapenos.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Can we get a counter petition going? Something like "Star Citizen does not represent PC gaming" or "Chris Roberts is a twat."

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Sunswipe posted:

Can we get a counter petition going? Something like "Star Citizen does not represent PC gaming" or "Chris Roberts is a twat."

No need. Bayonetta is coming to PC, so PC gaming is saved without Chris' help.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

DapperDon posted:

Have you had them fresh out of the fryer and folded over the taco with just a little salt? I can eat those all day long with some sour cream and jalapenos.

I mean, it's pretty common where I live.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

ManofManyAliases posted:

I mean, it's pretty common where I live.
Ya, Ben can eat them by the ton.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
"If we have one room and it's not fun to walk around in that one room, then there is no point to go into two rooms"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA8FfDskw4Q#t=1220s

Translated to star citizen: "If we have one ship and there is nothing to do in that one ship, then there is no point in refactoring 42 ships for 5 years"

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

This is the most accurate GIF ever produced to describe Star Citizen

games dead jim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

XK posted:

I've also tried every sugar substitute I've been able to get my hands on. I still want to try the monk fruit based one. They're all weird tasting, even the ones that aren't supposed to be. Most often they taste kind of metallic. Even the two big ones now, sucralose, and stevia, just taste wrong. The classic aspartame (I think that's what in diet Coke) makes me feel kind of not well and pushes me toward having a headache, granted I was predisposed to extremely severe migraines in my childhood.

Fructose isn't that bad, but at that point you're probably better off sticking to sucrose and moderating the gently caress out of it on the basis that a reaaaaally good steak is better than a vat of chopped beef. And I say that as someone that enjoys the menu at McDonalds.

Mind you, having said that, it's mostly high fructose corn syrup (blended fuctose and glucose) unless you hunt around for throwback or hit the ethnic aisles on the drinks side.

Sucrolose is a lot less nasty than aspartame, and saccharin was just horrific. I could smell that poo poo a street away.