Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mock the Cross posted:

This is AMAZING

More on this

quote:

Colorado furry convention Rocky Mountain Fur Con has been canceled. Funds collected in advance of this August's event are to be spent on existing liabilities, and refunding attendees and dealers where possible; any remainder will go to the convention charity.

While their official statement cites rising security costs, the closure follows the controversial issues surrounding CEO Kendal Emery (Kahuki Liaru), and the "Furry Raiders" group. It has also been discovered by Flayrah that the convention's parent company's Federal tax-exempt status, obtained in 2009, had lapsed, and it had not filed taxes for a period of seven years, while still claiming to be a registered 501(c) non-profit. In this investigative report we can identify the issues that have contributed to the end of Denver's furry convention.

RMFC Twitter profile A due-diligence search on the non-profit company, Mid America Anthropomorphic And Art Corporation - parent organisation to the Rocky Mountain Fur Con - shows that it has not filed tax returns between 2008 and 2015. MAAAC promoted itself as a "non profit 503(c) corporation" on the convention's Twitter account. However, according to IRS records, the company's status as an exempt non-profit was revoked in 2011 for failure to file annual information returns. The IRS confirms that they have not qualified as a exempt non-profit under any part of the United States Federal tax code since 2011.

A non-tax related filing was made by the company with the IRS in 2011, to transfer the responsible board officer from Kendal Emery to Zachary Brooks (Sorin) who is the current chairman of the convention. Kendal stood down as chair of Rocky Mountain Fur Con after his 1993 conviction for "Criminal Sexual Contact with a Minor" was revealed.

Despite his resignation as convention chair, Kendal Emery continued as CEO of MAAAC. Last month he sent a Cease and Desist letter to furry fan Deo, following a dispute over the "Furry Raiders".

Using the title of "Chief of Executive Contract Law Officer", Kendal signed the letter with a blood-red thumb print as a seal. This seal, alongside other language used in the letter, is commonly linked with the "Sovereign Citizen" movement, associated with rejection of Federal and State government's legitimacy to enforce laws and taxes. The "Furry Raiders" have also been associated in press profiles with other alt-right and neo-Nazi movements

Furry tax scofflaw sov cit Neo-nazi convicted pedo and I'm making the appropriate escalating vince face at each word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Solice Kirsk posted:

Well, seeing as that happens sometimes it's worth noting. Dahmer convinced two cops that the crying underaged naked boy that was begging them for help was actually his boyfriend and they let him take him back "home."

Said boy also had a hole drilled through his skull through which Dahmer poured either boiling water or hydrochloric acid into his skull cavity, and was bleeding from his rectum.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Solice Kirsk posted:

Well, seeing as that happens sometimes it's worth noting. Dahmer convinced two cops that the crying underaged naked boy that was begging them for help was actually his boyfriend and they let him take him back "home."

I just watched a documentary on dahmer and had to rewind to make sure I heard that part right. Like they surely didn't say they let him take back an injured naked kid. Oh, they totally did.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

They also told three women who were arguing with them not to let Dahmer take the kid back with him to "butt out." And the cops failed to notice the several days old decomposing corpse in his bedroom.

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!

Ularg posted:

The fellowship has fallen on hard times. (I'm just going to go back to scrubbing my brain from that reddit link, I was finally able to forget it from the last time, too)

Ok, I know the headline for this is about the Midget Mob but honestly I am interested in hearing more about Hot Topic cop who thinks he's a pig.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

https://worldnewsdailyreport.com/amnesiac-police-officer-believes-he-is-a-pig-after-tragic-accident/

Note the disclaimer at the bottom of the page and prepare a giant grain of salt.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

steinrokkan posted:

Said boy also had a hole drilled through his skull through which Dahmer poured either boiling water or hydrochloric acid into his skull cavity, and was bleeding from his rectum.

:stonk:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Rectum? drat near killed 'em

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Yea he was apparently trying to turn some of his victims into mindless sex slave zombies so he wouldn't have to kill them after the fact

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
From the saga of the dead nazi furry convention:

Whenever I think furries I think "spindly little harmless nerds," not "hideous little fat men who look like somebody's dad." But that's always what winds up being underneath the fursuit mask. :ughh:

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

Whenever I think furries I think "spindly little harmless nerds," not "hideous little fat men who look like somebody's dad." But that's always what winds up being underneath the fursuit mask. :ughh:

Seems like the brony movement(is it sad that I'm referring to it as a movement?) absorbed lots of those spindly pasty nerds. The furries are probably an older group on average at this point.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Seems like there's a lot of overlap between formerly harmless yet ridiculous nerd activities and 1930's style European fascism these days.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

zoux posted:

Seems like there's a lot of overlap between formerly harmless yet ridiculous nerd activities and 1930's style European fascism these days.

It's about ethics in games journalism

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

purple death ray posted:

It's about ethics in games journalism

What isn't?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

Well, when you think about it, a scene that's all about hooking up with totally concealed strangers would be perfect for sexual predators. But I imagine even predators have their standards.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I wonder what percentage of furries were previously broken individuals and just fell into a hobby that would accept them. It would explain the Nazis and pedos for sure.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
Dude, all furries are broken.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Creed Reunion Tour posted:

But did this occur before or after they became furries?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Panfilo posted:

Yes.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

steinrokkan posted:

Well, when you think about it, a scene that's all about hooking up with totally concealed strangers would be perfect for sexual predators. But I imagine even predators have their standards.

No cat chicks

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Panfilo posted:

I think you have to be a bit broken to start getting into that sort of thing. Then it gets reinforced because you ensconce yourself in an environment that does nothing to challenge you to look critically at yourself or your situation.
I'm not a psychologist so take it with a grain of salt.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

purple death ray posted:

It's about ethnics in games journalism

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

steinrokkan posted:

It's not just predators, a lot of them dress as prey animals too

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

You made me double check my post, I thought autocorrect had hosed me again!

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Creed Reunion Tour posted:

But rarely housebroken.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Panfilo posted:

Before. But because furries are so broken they just kind of enable the brokeness and most people just get worse and worse. Back when I used to hang out on weird sites with my furry friends there was this one guy who openly admitted to being a pedophile. I was always yelled at for being concerned about this. Said guy refused to ever see anyone or get help because he didn't want to go to jail, which was like a giant red flag.

I stopped hanging out with those friends not long after that poo poo because that was the eye opener to how hosed up they were.

Aceofblue
Feb 26, 2009

ShootaBoy posted:

I believe you're looking for :nms:this.:nms:

Ugh. Thanks. Time to go win the "That possibly cannot exist and be real" war and feel disgusted by myself for knowing about it.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Ambitious Spider posted:

I just watched a documentary on dahmer and had to rewind to make sure I heard that part right. Like they surely didn't say they let him take back an injured naked kid. Oh, they totally did.

One of them was later elected president of the police association https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Balcerzak

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I don't really mind the concept of furries, as weird as it is, as long as they don't hurt anyone. However, I do hate them for ruining Disney's Robin Hood. Also now every time I tell someone that foxes are my favorite animals, they give me a funny little look. It could be my imagination.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

foxes are my favorite animals

I thought you people weren't allowed on the forums.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

captainOrbital posted:

Whoa, "you people"? Not cool

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

captainOrbital posted:

SEE?

This is fursecu-- ohshit

Pictured below: MY TRUE FORM

*SENSUOUSLY TENTACLES AT U*

e: fixed?

Fleta Mcgurn has a new favorite as of 03:13 on Apr 12, 2017

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/851666716715237377

How does that even work? Do you discriminate based on fur colour?

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

The one in back kind of looks like an albino retarded alf.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I kind of remember the springbok one or whatever is modeled after a species found only in South Africa, so it's a pro-apartheid shithead.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Facebook Aunt posted:

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/851666716715237377

How does that even work? Do you discriminate based on fur colour?

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
A world run by albinos would be a dark place.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

We Know Catheters posted:

A world run by albinos would be a dark place.

I see what you did there.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_AQdflSKxw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Please tell me you have a source for these. I have to see the rest of this.

edit: also proud to have done my part for the new thread name :patriot:

• Locked thread