Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Johnny Joestar posted:

where did the human hand come from

i think its a glove

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Vinylshadow posted:

I feel so sorry for that Cherubi

There's a distressing lack of such pictures

What would Speedwagon's Pokemon be? Whimpod? Rattatatta? We all know the Pillar Men would all just have Sudowoodos.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

VolticSurge posted:

What would Speedwagon's Pokemon be? Whimpod? Rattatatta? We all know the Pillar Men would all just have Sudowoodos.

it's gotta be meowth

how else is he gonna throw money at the joestars?

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Gyra_Solune posted:

Man there's so much stuff in that game that I really have to wonder how they'll rework it

They won't, the first two generations were remade because there was no backwards compatibility with those regions and the third gen was remade because it essentially lacked it as well with the removal of the GBA slot from DS's (the gen 1 games on the virtual console are to cover for the same thing happening to gen 1 a second time). Fourth gen is still perfectly accessible, they're not going to remake it.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

LAY-ZX posted:

They won't, the first two generations were remade because there was no backwards compatibility with those regions and the third gen was remade because it essentially lacked it as well with the removal of the GBA slot from DS's (the gen 1 games on the virtual console are to cover for the same thing happening to gen 1 a second time). Fourth gen is still perfectly accessible, they're not going to remake it.

There were a couple of compelling reasons to remake the first three gens. One is that they were getting increasingly less accessible. Another is that the game mechanics were still changing pretty significantly up until the end of gen 3, and it's interesting to see the old games in a new light. But really the big reason there are remakes is because pokemon loving prints money, and it's easier to remake something in a new engine than it is to make something new. There are going to be more remakes.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Tunicate posted:

it's gotta be meowth

how else is he gonna throw money at the joestars?

Just replace the entire Ogre Street Gang with gangster pokemon.

And Meowth of course needs to be wearing Speedwagon's top hat, because :3:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

LAY-ZX posted:

People used to say they wouldn't remake GSC because "you can already get all the Pokemon in it using Gen 3+4 games!". Game Freak's not stupid; they know remakes print money and don't need an excuse to make more of them.

Hell, Gen 4 But It Runs As Smoothly As The New Games would be attractive enough on its own.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

DP are 11 years old and no longer sold regularly, that is plenty of reason to remake it now regardless of if the 3ds can still technically play them.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

LAY-ZX posted:

actually they will because it makes money

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Yeah, its already been way longer since D/P's release than it was between R/G's release and FR/LG's release.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

d/p are definitely on the tail end of games i'd expect them to remake. it'd start getting a little weird if the ones after that were getting new versions, but d/p are long enough ago to where i can totally see it

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Diamond and Pearl were released in 2006. A decent chunk of Pokemon's target market was not born when they came out.
That seems a reasonable enough basis to remake them.
Although you could make the same case for Fire Red and Leaf Green, and they don't seem quite ready to do remake-remakes yet.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I wish they'd remake the general thread.

(Subtle hint that this has little to do with Pokemon Uranium.)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Tenebrais posted:

Diamond and Pearl were released in 2006. A decent chunk of Pokemon's target market was not born when they came out.
That seems a reasonable enough basis to remake them.
Although you could make the same case for Fire Red and Leaf Green, and they don't seem quite ready to do remake-remakes yet.

Well I suppose they could do another Gen 1 & 2 remake to put them in the same style as the games from Pokemon X/Y onward but it might be a bit too soon. Diamond/Pearl and Black/White getting remakes eventualy is almost certain though.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

i'm looking forward to pokemon: yellowcake uranium

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Yeah remakes are actually good

Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013
Next verse same as the first.

Johnny Joestar posted:

i'm looking forward to pokemon: yellowcake uranium

Pokemon: The Apocalypse
Pokemon: Depleted Uranium

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Aesclepia posted:

Would this be Pokemon Uranium with all the Edge(tm) filed off?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

PoptartsNinja posted:

Would this be Pokemon Uranium with all the Edge(tm) filed off?
But then there wouldn't be any game left!

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

Haifisch posted:

And the problem is what, exactly?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Haifisch posted:

There would still be Daikatuna, and therefore it would be the best worst game instead of just a regular bad game.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Aesclepia posted:

Pokémon: Central Planned & Free Market

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Aesclepia posted:

Personally, I prefer Pokemon: The Forsaken.

That actually makes it occur to me, in the vein of lovely fan works, internet people already did "Sailor Moon but a World of Darkness splatbook", so why haven't they done the same with Pokemon? Trainer: The Collection or something. I guess Pokethulhu already mines as much satire out of the concept as you can get, anyway.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

There is that Pokemon RPG, it's an unmanageable disaster as you can expect - six characters each with six pokemon with fully loaded out stats, along with some added stuff.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Robindaybird posted:

There is that Pokemon RPG, it's an unmanageable disaster as you can expect - six characters each with six pokemon with fully loaded out stats, along with some added stuff.

Yeah, I'm familiar with that one, it's pretty ridiculous to not have either the trainers or the monsters abstracted to some degree.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Wouldn't The King end up working more like Cofragigus, though?

Burger Flipper
Sep 14, 2015

by astral

If you hadn't said anything last update, I would have completely forgotten. So this is entirely your fault OFS.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Titanice, Daikatuna, MEGAWEAPON and Garliked deserve better than Uranium, or I guess worse, depending on how you look at it. They're just so perfectly stupid that they deserve to be in a game that is totally earnest garbage, instead of a game that's simply aggressively difficult and mediocre.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Pokemon Sulphur and Pokemon Brimstone, the protagonist must battle their way out of pokehell. :unsmigghh:

vorebane fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Apr 12, 2017

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Burger Flipper posted:

If you hadn't said anything last update, I would have completely forgotten. So this is entirely your fault OFS.

All hail the third Hokage

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

vorebane posted:

Pokemon Sulphur and Pokemon Brimstone, the protagonist must battle their way out of pokehell. :unsmigghh:

Why this is Pokehell, nor am I out of it.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Herr Tog posted:

All hail the third Hokage from the sun.

C'mon, man, that was an easy one. :colbert:

Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013
Next verse same as the first.

vorebane posted:

I'd play it. Hell, Houdoom is already a canon Pokemon. Could even have Dunsphere with it's adorable little wings be your Navi.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010

vorebane posted:

Add one new type for each of the nine circles of hell! It's brilliant!

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

vorebane posted:

So... Shin Megami Tensei x Pokemon? Cause I would totally play a Pokemon/SMT crossover game.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I don't think anyone wants a game with a hamfisted reason for Arceus as a final boss.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Randalor posted:

So... Shin Megami Tensei x Pokemon? Cause I would totally play a Pokemon/SMT crossover game.

Inside the Midnight PC, party member N meets his shadow self

"No... NO! You're not me!!!"

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Pokehell would just be a cave full of things with sturdy also they are fast so you can't run away and they only know explosion.

also before you suggest it, ghosts aren't allowed in pokehell

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I'm still hoping we will be able to capture garlikid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sorites
Sep 10, 2012

McDragon posted:

Pokehell would just be a cave full of things with sturdy also they are fast so you can't run away and they only know explosion.

also before you suggest it, ghosts aren't allowed in pokehell

Nah, man. They all have Shadow Tag and only spam Destiny Bond.

• Locked thread