Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

orange juche posted:

Nah pineapple does an excellent job of tenderizing meat so thats why you see it on ham a bunch. The juice helps contribute to the glaze when you bake it as well as breaking down long, tough proteins in the ham. :science:

It basically makes lovely cuts of meat less lovely.

Pears and Kiwi are good for this as well. Pears is used to tenderize bulgogi which is delicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

There's a million other ways to tenderize meat without putting a fruit on it and making it all sweet tasting.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
But pork tastes good that way, as does beef. Not a fan of chicken made in that method though.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Rhymenoserous posted:

But pork tastes good that way, as does beef. Not a fan of chicken made in that method though.

Pork takes fruit well. Chicken does well with citrus fruits. Can't say I've ever used fruit (other than tomatoes) with beef.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Maneck posted:

Pork takes fruit well. Chicken does well with citrus fruits. Can't say I've ever used fruit (other than tomatoes) with beef.

Intelligence is knowing tomatoes are a fruit.

Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Maneck posted:

Orange Beef.

Also prosciutto and melone you heathens.

Also chicken salad with grapes, raisins, apples and pears.

You guys are goony goons.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Or bacon and dates.

Speaking of dates, North African cuisine has fruit+meat dishes and I bet no True Goon Foodie would turn their nose up at a lamb tagine :colbert:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Orange Beef.

Also chicken salad with grapes, raisins, apples and pears.

You guys are goony goons.

Is salad that thing you put on your ranch dressing??

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Holyshoot posted:

Is salad that thing you put on your ranch dressing??

:chloe:

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Really, if it is edible, I will probably eat it.

However I agree that pineapple on pizza is wrong. Would rather have anchovies.

What you do want with some sort of fruit on a meat is to enhance the flavor, it's when it changes the flavor to be all fruity/sweet and completely destroy what flavor the meat had originally that ruins it.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Pineapple on pizza is nasty af. This is, however, from experience and not some misguided bias against mixing fruit with not fruit. Just lol if you haven't had some sort of pork and apple dish.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

EdEddnEddy posted:

What you do want with some sort of fruit on a meat is to enhance the flavor, it's when it changes the flavor to be all fruity/sweet and completely destroy what flavor the meat had originally that ruins it.

In defense of pineapple on pizza, the pineapple+Canadian bacon combo on a Hawaiian pizza goes pretty well together. Outside of maybe adding red onions or some sort of hot pepper things get a bit too weird for me though.

Also Hawaiian pizza induces white hot rage from pizza purists but they're basically giant babies who can't shut up about how other people enjoy their pizza.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
yall whining about how FRUIT AND MEAT DOESNT GO TOGETHER stop being children with non functioning palates ty and godbless

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

iospace posted:

Then stop using lovely cuts of meat if you need to put pineapple on it. If you want to make lovely cuts less lovely, you have a slow cooker for that, not fruit :colbert:

like this guy, not knowing that sweet and savory can and do work really well together

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
go ahead talk poo poo on al pastor, the best taco meat

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010
Sweet Meats are some of the oldest delicacies known to man, cured in fruits and spices, left to tenderize in controlled rot for weeks.

Candied Apple Bacon or Ham, Orange and Chili marinated beef, and many more explorations in food mixing behaviors that have yielded positive results.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

mushrooms? maybe, baked potato or fries? yes please, anything else with or on a steak is retarded

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Orange Red Bull posted:

mushrooms? maybe, baked potato or fries? yes please, anything else with or on a steak is retarded

Mlyp

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Orange Red Bull posted:

My heavily pregnant wife hated me for eating this, as she couldn't do rare steaks.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

fish tacos with mango salsa is good as well.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Worlds Smuggest posted:

Sweet Meats are some of the oldest delicacies known to man, cured in fruits and spices, left to tenderize in controlled rot for weeks.

Candied Apple Bacon or Ham, Orange and Chili marinated beef, and many more explorations in food mixing behaviors that have yielded positive results.

People used to think civilization meant looking out the window before throwing your poo poo and piss into the street.

Some of the oldest medicine involved bleeding people and cutting holes in their skulls.

Just because it's old or popular doesn't mean it's a good idea.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

CainFortea posted:

People used to think civilization meant looking out the window before throwing your poo poo and piss into the street.

Some of the oldest medicine involved bleeding people and cutting holes in their skulls.

the opposite is true too you retard, especially when it comes to something as subjective as taste ITS TASTE DIFFERENT PEOPLE ENJOY DIFFERENT THINGS

what I'm saying here is you're worse than mandozer go away forever

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

iospace posted:

Then stop using lovely cuts of meat if you need to put pineapple on it. If you want to make lovely cuts less lovely, you have a slow cooker for that, not fruit :colbert:

Or you can have the best of both worlds and put the pineapple in the slowcooker with the meat.

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013
a sweet meat sounds disgusting tbh

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
sweetmeat just means candy fyi not meat in sugar

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
wait no it's both im sorry, i forgot it means the organs and glands and poo poo like that because I've always heard it as sweetbreads because apparently that's the common name

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Maneck posted:

Bulgogi is marinated in soy sauce and asian pears and is loving amazing.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

CainFortea posted:

I can't decide if you have an old man's palate which demands only liver and onions or a babies palate which doesn't allow two distinct foods to touch. Odds are you are just stupid, but we already knew that from your posts.

EDIT:

Maneck posted:

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of citrus in cooking in general, but that's a personal quibble. I do cook with citrus, but usually not for myself because I'm capable of recognizing that there are good things out there that I may not like myself, but others do.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Apr 11, 2017

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

please just stop with the food chat

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Why, you hungry?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Rhymenoserous posted:

Why, you hungry?

are you not??

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

ITS TASTE DIFFERENT PEOPLE ENJOY DIFFERENT THINGS

No poo poo. Maybe you should read your own posts.

Nah, no one should be subjected to your posting. Even you.

Rhymenoserous posted:

I can't decide if you have an old man's palate which demands only liver and onions or a babies palate which doesn't allow two distinct foods to touch. Odds are you are just stupid, but we already knew that from your posts.

Or I just don't like sweet meats. Confusing I know, using English words.

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
i suggest trying banana beef

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

i got your sweet meat right here :dong:

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
you can taste my beef banana any day :smugdon:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
waiting on my space ship

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

I've found that a grill of pineapple, red and orange pepper, and red onion with sausage and shrip mixed in later is pretty good, especially with old bay seasoning. Grill it up and serve over white rice.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

CainFortea posted:

No poo poo. Maybe you should read your own posts.

Nah, no one should be subjected to your posting. Even you.

you keep saying things as if they were objective so I'm pretty sure you don't understand subjectivity so once again please go away forever

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010

wait no it's both im sorry, i forgot it means the organs and glands and poo poo like that because I've always heard it as sweetbreads because apparently that's the common name

:hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

you keep saying things as if they were objective so I'm pretty sure you don't understand subjectivity so once again please go away forever

Any sense of objectiveness of my posts exists in your head. I didn't say that sweet meats are objectively gross. That's your dumb assumption. Don't get all rear end blasted because you forgot that people talk about normal things from their own perspective.

• Locked thread