Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Black Bolt (melee) is crazy strong right now at least, so if you just like making things melt he's pretty well up there. His ranged kit is always going to be wonky.

Zelmel posted:

Just started this again after a few months off. Had like 1200 splinters in boxes randomly, so I bought the three most recent heroes and I've gotta say: Beast is a hot garbage lovely ripoff of Juggernaut huh.

This is from the debacle where, at Christmas, they gave everybody two of the first anniversary packages that included a STASH tab that you could only redeem once, so if you had it the item was of zero value, and then Asros said just delete it because they're not giving you poo poo for it, then they implemented a system to turn the Adam Warlock ES purchased STASH tab in your inventory into its cost, because they didn't lock you into only buying it once even though like the anniversary one you can't actually redeem more than one, and then that system also converted the Christmas ones that we were told would never be worth anything, and then there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth, so they just gave it to everyone who logged in for that prize.

Because :gaz:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

The problem you see, is that Black Bolt melee is a thing.

This is like giving Juggernaut a ranged ninja star build and making it god tier.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Black Bolt has always primarily punched things.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
that would be amazing though

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Best striker in the biz Blackagar Boltagon. Like the Shane McMahon of punching.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

Best striker in the biz Blackagar Boltagon. Like the Shane McMahon of punching.

:vince:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I liked the Blackagar Boltagon ranged build I put together while leveling him, and although I'm sure it's not competitive numbers wise it at least doesn't feel completely rear end while fulfilling the main function of being brain-dead to play.

Quasi-Sonic Blast, Terrigen Breath, Quasi-Sonic Torrent, Terrigen Echo, Quasi-Sonic Geyser, Killing Word, Attilan Leadership, Inhuman Speed.

Oh, and the best part is he's still punching stuff.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
So is Black Bolt the only black hero who wasn't poo poo upon release?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Gibbering Madness posted:

So is Black Bolt the only black hero who wasn't poo poo upon release?

he had a big post-release buff patch, so he doesn't even qualify

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

asros tanked the numbers on nick furry cos he disapproves of (((deep state shadow govt))) conspiracies

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

punchymcpunch posted:

asros tanked the numbers on nick furry cos he disapproves of minorities

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

oforums person posted:

Say I'm from New Zealand, will I be able to participate in the closed beta and the early access?

KomoriMan posted:

EU regions are still in the works! We should have more details coming soon.
:downs:

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

They probably think all non-third world countries are EU

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Ah yes, New Zealand, famed member nation of the European Union

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
New Zealand and regular old Zeeland are hard to tell apart

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
New Zealand, EU, it's all the same: britcrew

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Gibbering Madness posted:

New Zealand, EU, it's all the same: Not 'MERICA

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

It's been a long time since I played. I think they had just added the first Raid when I quit? Anyway, I logged in and was a bit overwhelmed with how much poo poo has changed. Removing skill points is kinda cool, except the tooltip on your powers screen still tells you how to add points to the skills, so I had to double check I wasn't completely loving insane and missing something.

Couple questions:

Is there a reference for the revamped crafting? I had a tab absolutely full of crafting materials that's empty now. I assume they removed the tiers of mats and there's just one of each now, or something? Or maybe I cleared out my inventory last time I played, I don't know.

I didn't realize what the replacement for stats on the costumes were, and the game dumped a few on me when I logged in, so I sold them. I assume it's no big loss, but how do I get them again? Do I have to find the item, then add to it, or can the item just be crafted straight up?

Looks like you can buy Uru-forged stuff for a pittance of credits now. I have a tab full of Uru-forged items, any reason to keep them?

Any references for builds? My favorite characters were Captain Marvel and Moon Knight (champions of punching things). Captain Marvel's skills look pretty different now.

Difficulty slider thing: I saw something about the Cosmic Challenge in the terminal. I have to do that with each 60 it says, but does that unlock all the Cosmic stuff for them, or will I have to do it for Story/Midtown/X-Def/etc

I remember there being a spreadsheet that would tell you if you should buy a random hero or not, based on what heroes you had unlocked. Is that still maintained?

Anyway thanks for any help, I'm gonna go level up some of my heroes. Or Prestige Captain Marvel again, and try to get used to the new stuff....

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Humerus posted:

Is there a reference for the revamped crafting? I had a tab absolutely full of crafting materials that's empty now. I assume they removed the tiers of mats and there's just one of each now, or something? Or maybe I cleared out my inventory last time I played, I don't know.

This is correct.

quote:

I didn't realize what the replacement for stats on the costumes were, and the game dumped a few on me when I logged in, so I sold them. I assume it's no big loss, but how do I get them again? Do I have to find the item, then add to it, or can the item just be crafted straight up?

Catalysts drop, particularly in Cosmic patrols (see later), and have new stuff that none of your old catalysts did. You'll have to re-craft them, but note that you can roll the affix value independently from the affix type now at least. If you had any size change visuals on these cats though, they are gone forever and I hate you for it.

quote:

Looks like you can buy Uru-forged stuff for a pittance of credits now. I have a tab full of Uru-forged items, any reason to keep them?

No. There's not even a reason to keep many level 25s that are bound, because the unbind recipe works on them to pass around your leveling dudes.

quote:

Any references for builds? My favorite characters were Captain Marvel and Moon Knight (champions of punching things). Captain Marvel's skills look pretty different now.

Captain Marvel is actually largely the same, but you'll be using the ground pound where you used to use Photonic Wave, and you actually rely on the basic. This is the current ttk spreadsheet, and most of the entries have build info. It's a decent starting point at least.

quote:

Difficulty slider thing: I saw something about the Cosmic Challenge in the terminal. I have to do that with each 60 it says, but does that unlock all the Cosmic stuff for them, or will I have to do it for Story/Midtown/X-Def/etc

A couple things here. There is no cosmic story/x-def (nobody does x-def anymore). The Cosmic Trial unlocks Cosmic versions of the patrols, which are separate instances with different names and are locked to Cosmic difficulty. Seriously. It's trivial now though, because you do the trial on red, so it doesn't approximate the cosmic patrols for you at all~

quote:

I remember there being a spreadsheet that would tell you if you should buy a random hero or not, based on what heroes you had unlocked. Is that still maintained?

Just updated it with Nicko's cost. Make a copy and have at it.

AzraelNewtype fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Apr 11, 2017

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Humerus posted:

It's been a long time since I played. I think they had just added the first Raid when I quit? Anyway, I logged in and was a bit overwhelmed with how much poo poo has changed. Removing skill points is kinda cool, except the tooltip on your powers screen still tells you how to add points to the skills, so I had to double check I wasn't completely loving insane and missing something.

Couple questions:

Anyway thanks for any help, I'm gonna go level up some of my heroes. Or Prestige Captain Marvel again, and try to get used to the new stuff....

1) Correct, the tiers of elements are gone. To be honest, outside of a few recipes, crafting elements are pretty interchangeable. They stack to 1000 now too so just pick them up until you have a full stack of each and then forget about them. Unstable molecules might be more of a limiter, but they drop fairly often now as well, especially compared to last you played.

2) Catalysts drop fairly regularly in all content. They have cosmic tiers now with nice defensive affixes so you would have been replacing them on everyone eventually anyway. Losing the rolled stats sucks, but they're easier to roll now. Once you have the specific stat you want on each level (ie Crit Damage), you can just reroll the value instead of randoming both value and stat which makes it sooooo much easier. Those recipes are just underneath the old ones in the catalyst/costume tab of the crafter.

3) You've got the right of it. No reason to hold onto urus anymore.

4) https://marvelheroes.info is the build repository. Look for builds that post time to kill videos rather than just highly rated builds to find the good stuff. This spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hzRx9LoiXm2FF6nOFAlY4w75nLm0FJ2eRdi-Ffd9HZY/edit#gid=0 catalogues the highest DPS builds currently.

5) Finishing the cosmic trial once will unlock all the cosmic zones for that character. Not every mode has a cosmic difficulty though, Story mode for example is just normal/heroic.

Dunno about that random sheet, sorry!

Cpt. Marvel is in a great place right now though. She got a default costume overhaul too, so if you still have have the black swimsuit Ms Marvel costume try taking it off and checking out her modern costume as well.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Actually also apropos of taking off default costumes: since the stats that used to go on costumes are now entirely on catalysts, you can throw every one of your default costumes into the grinder to gamble on new ones!

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Do note, however, that if you're just poking around marvelheroes.info, :siren:ignore any builds by TonyBing:siren:. They will probably be the highest rated builds for a given character, but they are universally bad decisions. The site makes it easy to delete downvotes, so I get why his are low/zero, but I will never understand where his upvotes came from.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

AzraelNewtype posted:

Do note, however, that if you're just poking around marvelheroes.info, :siren:ignore any builds by TonyBing:siren:. They will probably be the highest rated builds for a given character, but they are universally bad decisions. The site makes it easy to delete downvotes, so I get why his are low/zero, but I will never understand where his upvotes came from.

EUZealand.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

I'm reporting you to the BBB (Bing Build Bureau) for spreading those vicious lies

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Thanks to both of you! I actually think I had a growth effect on Captain Marvel now that you mention it, shucks.

I have her original/first appearance costume slotted but I'll check out the modern one. I never bought her Captain Marvel outfit because the mask/hair looked weird to me.

Thought of another question, about Team Ups. I have Magik and Groot right now, Magik is max level and Groot is around 30. Are there any stand outs or are they all the same pretty much? I have like 600 eternity shards so I was thinking of getting the Ms. Marvel team up.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Coulson, who has to be farmed with event currency, is the highest damage team-up by a decent margin. Pirate Deadpool, who has insane CC, can be earned free via a fairly easy achievement chain. But, you can really use who you like. Some people also like Jessica Jones because she can vacuum groups of mobs on a low cooldown. Magik is great for pretty much all content because she has good damage, heals you, and her summons will tank a bit.

Your team-ups will get a buffed synergy damage bonus for every team up you have at max level, but it's not a huge thing. I'd recommend spending splinters on more heroes over more team ups p. much always. Do grab Pirate DP though, you can find the steps to unlock him pretty easily by on google

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
any wolverine TU is a good choice if you just want damage and don't have coulson. you can get a wolverine from holosim tokens or the 200 day login reward

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Kheldarn posted:

EUZealand.

The .info is third party; @PudgyBoi has nothing to do with its poor decisions.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
.info is run by a Russian dude whose English isn't so hot so he probably just deletes any post people report

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Pretty cool that Pyro is from Europe.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Pretty cool that Pyro is from Europe.

Nah, he's Austrian.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

To be honest, being part of the EU is a step up from the general impression that we are part of Australia.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Jusupov posted:

They probably think all non-third world countries are EU

New Zealand(and Australia) are traditionally treated as EU territories when it comes to video game publishing due to how back in the day we all used the same TV standard(PAL) and the small size of the markets at the time made it not worth treating us separately. Nowadays, none of that is true(except the NZ market is still small) but we still get treated as some extension of the EU territory out of inertia.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Where the hell is my OMEGA

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

Reading the patch notes for this week while it downloads 3.3 gigs for some reason:

• Wealth of King’s County is this week's lootsplosion creator. You can get industry city cards with a minuscule chance of something good. 0% XP bonus unless you're in Industry City! Anything good at the event vendor?
  • Kaecilius Terminal added. What does he drop? (Dark Dimension Medallions? Books?)
  • Danger Room tweaks for faster phase completion.
  • Level 80 Golden Bow of Apollo nerf
  • Medkit now heals for 20% of health instantly + regen. Have to see how that works with the 25% catalyst affix...
  • Fixes for chapter 4 story bugs. I guess you can use your teamups again.
  • Enchanter accidentally got kicked from the training room.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Baby Proof posted:

Anything good at the event vendor?
There are those boxes containing a single cosmic artefact. I guess that's good?

Kaecilius can drop the Dark Dimension event items, I think. The terminal also comes with a free unskippable cutscene and doesn't always contain enough enemies to unlock the bounty chest unless you farm one of the portals. :waycool:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Baby Proof posted:

Reading the patch notes for this week while it downloads 3.3 gigs for some reason:

• Wealth of King’s County is this week's lootsplosion creator. You can get industry city cards with a minuscule chance of something good. 0% XP bonus unless you're in Industry City! Anything good at the event vendor?
  • Kaecilius Terminal added. What does he drop? (Dark Dimension Medallions? Books?)
  • Danger Room tweaks for faster phase completion.
  • Level 80 Golden Bow of Apollo nerf
  • Medkit now heals for 20% of health instantly + regen. Have to see how that works with the 25% catalyst affix...
  • Fixes for chapter 4 story bugs. I guess you can use your teamups again.

From what I read on the TC thread, he should drop everything from the mystic mayhem event(except sling rings? or maybe those too) and their cosmic versions.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Baby Proof posted:

should work just as it does now, except of course the 25% affix is capped at 3k hp.

I think the regen rate of the medkit was cut down from 6% to 4% per second to make up for the instant heal buff. It's the same total amount healed overall.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

should work just as it does now, except of course the 25% affix is capped at 3k hp.

I think the regen rate of the medkit was cut down from 6% to 4% per second to make up for the instant heal buff. It's the same total amount healed overall.

It was 6% per sec for 5 seconds. Now it's 20% instantly + 4% a sec for 5 seconds. We got 10% extra for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

From what I read on the TC thread, he should drop everything from the mystic mayhem event(except sling rings? or maybe those too) and their cosmic versions.

Sling Rings are in.

Baby Proof posted:

This bit is hilarious. They're claiming to have added three vendors, but in reality one of them was always there (weapon), one still isn't (armor), and the last just replaced a more useful vendor (uru replaced enchanter). There's also that one guy that stands right by the transit point and does nothing, just to add insult to injury. :gaz: