Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Yup, also on reddit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Aleth posted:

Yup, also on reddit.

Sign of a truly deranged mind. That should have tipped us off in the first place.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I saw this guy posting about the missile animation last year and then I find out he's the asshat who got the incel thread I made get gassed, and then he gets banned for the missile animation again? I had a strange feeling of deja vu because it's so like the last time he got smacked down really hard for posting about the missile animation.

What the gently caress even is this missile animation that he keeps posting about forever? I looked it up last year and I couldn't find anything. What is even happening?

neurotic
Apr 27, 2013

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

I saw this guy posting about the missile animation last year and then I find out he's the asshat who got the incel thread I made get gassed, and then he gets banned for the missile animation again? I had a strange feeling of deja vu because it's so like the last time he got smacked down really hard for posting about the missile animation.

What the gently caress even is this missile animation that he keeps posting about forever? I looked it up last year and I couldn't find anything. What is even happening?
In the original animation for tracer missile, your Merc would bend over like he was taking a dump, and a missile would shoot out of his back. It was pretty annoying to see that animation over and over, I think the new animation is an improvement.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
There's an ability that has the animation now. Fusion Missile or something?

It was hilarious in pvp, you literally didn't need to hit other buttons so it was just a lone Merc off to the side doing squats and raining death.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Yeah, the short version is that Tracer Missile and Fusion Missile used to have the opposite animations and this was changed in patch 1.2 which was released in April of 2012—five years ago, and about 4 months after the game was released.

For context.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAq7P9HIRjU

The usual video for showing off the old animation.

It wasn't just the bending over...it was the flames shooting out of your rear end beforehand, the droopy trajectory the missile takes, and the fact that Tracer Missile was literally a Merc's entire rotation at release.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'd like to put this back in the chance cube please :froggonk:

http://torf.mmo-fashion.com/orbalisk/

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

Dude, you kidding? You're the best looking alien costume assembled entirely of used avocados out there!

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

That looks like some Star Trek monster of the week poo poo. Didn't Ensign Kim get his rear end kicked by one of those?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

is that...just armor made out of worms? What the heck, star wars EU

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

Covering yourself in grenades is not the answer.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
So I'm guessing the goons that still play are on JC emp side?

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Thumbtacks posted:

Well who doesn't love empanadas.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Thumbtacks posted:

Yeah but it's some sort of craziness if there's more than two people on. Mostly people just talk in Discord.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Sorry are we really badmouthing orbalisks when the Darth Bane series of books were some of the best in the EU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Medullah posted:

The current [250% XP] is going another week.

Just logged on for the first time in a couple weeks and the 250% XP indicator is gone from my XP bar. Is this still going on in secret with no indicator, or were we misinformed?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
It's going on still and not showing up on the bar, apparently its hardcoded somehow and they can't make it show up again because they extended the event. spaghetti code

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Gotcha. I'm definitely getting a shitload of XP, just been too long since I did any serious leveling to really gauge if it's normal.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

help I'm level 54 and I just finished taris this xp boost is nonsense

also a buddy of mine and I just joined the guild so if you're real lucky you might log in and find *three* people logged in :stonk:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Please don't crash the servers

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

ChickenWing posted:

help I'm level 54 and I just finished taris this xp boost is nonsense

also a buddy of mine and I just joined the guild so if you're real lucky you might log in and find *three* people logged in :stonk:

I only do the class stoeies, no planet arcs, and definitely not side quests. I'm still usually 3-5 levels ahead of an area.

Of course I've done all the other poo poo already, so if it's your first run-through, it might be worth it.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Colonial Air Force posted:

I only do the class stoeies, no planet arcs, and definitely not side quests. I'm still usually 3-5 levels ahead of an area.

Of course I've done all the other poo poo already, so if it's your first run-through, it might be worth it.

Yeah I'm just blitzing planet arcs and class quests atm

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
If you get to 60 can you just start kotet? I'm still not sure how the weird mission launcher thing works.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Thumbtacks posted:

If you get to 60 can you just start kotet? I'm still not sure how the weird mission launcher thing works.

You can start KOTFE at 60 and KOTET at 65. Once you start either it completely locks you out of previous content (so if you don't finish a Sith storyline you can't get the Darth title). If you skip KOTFE and start KOTET it will make story assumptions based on your faction, with no romances.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I remember I had a token to make a premade KOTFE I haven't used at all when I got the game. Say i used the boost, will that character have the titles you'd normally get if you did the original story?

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Fargin Icehole posted:

I remember I had a token to make a premade KOTFE I haven't used at all when I got the game. Say i used the boost, will that character have the titles you'd normally get if you did the original story?

No, you lose out on all of that, and you also have no history with the class companions when they come back. I ended up rerolling my old instant 60 character as a level 1 because it was kind of depressing having no past. Leveling up is so fast anyway, it's just not worth it.

Basically you should hold onto that boost for when you want a high-level character for some functional reason, and don't care about titles or story.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Celebration code for a free pet -

SWCELEBRATION17

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Also there's a new producer who may or may not have different opinions on the validity of restoring a certain merc animation.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

The realest question of them all is when will cyborgs get facial hair

How am I supposed to role play a weary jaded bounty hunter this deep in the plot without a full beard along with my robot eye

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

HebrewMagic posted:

The realest question of them all is when will cyborgs get facial hair

How am I supposed to role play a weary jaded bounty hunter this deep in the plot without a full beard along with my robot eye

They've always had some facial hair options, it's just mixed in with the cybernetics options and not on a separate slider, and a little limited compared to some other races. My friend made a cross-faction "undercover" version of one of his characters and found an option that's the same cyborg parts plus a big cheesy mustache, and we all had a good laugh about that.

Some races straight-up do not get any facial hair at all, like Mirialans, and that has always bummed me out. I want my old green Jedi to have a mustache...

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Yeah, that's my problem exactly, bioware could have all my loving cartel fun bux if they just took facial hair and made it a separate slider from my robot parts. I've been debating since level 60 just converting my character to a human and giving him an eyepatch over the "cyborg" eye then, but that's a bit drastic.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

What is the stupidest coding option that could possible be in place that would prevent that? Because that's probably what it is.

I'm sure Bioware would love to take our money for adding a beard slider unlock for other races, so most likely the effort to change it is far harder than it should be.

outlander2525
Jul 28, 2012

Moreau posted:

What is the stupidest coding option that could possible be in place that would prevent that? Because that's probably what it is.

I'm sure Bioware would love to take our money for adding a beard slider unlock for other races, so most likely the effort to change it is far harder than it should be.

What do you call a programmer who writes terrible code, but makes deadlines? A manager.

What classes have face tattoo options for humans? Sith warriors, bounty hunters, and ???? It would be cool if they added the option to add face tattoos for all classes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Moreau posted:

Only possible for X sliders in character creator, maybe?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Medullah posted:

Celebration code for a free pet -

SWCELEBRATION17

Entered, nothing happened?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
You might already have it, they gave it out a few years ago as a cantina reward too.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

The Celebration freebie is that you beat TOR and are free to now talk entirely about which waifu is best.

Gault was the correct answer.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Skadge.

The cantina stuff might only get sent out a couple of days after the event but as long as it says you've redeemed the code you should be good for whenever it goes through.

Thumbtacks posted:

You might already have it, they gave it out a few years ago as a cantina reward too.

They do variations of the same droid for several things, but usually a unique one each time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

SWCANTINA17 gives a new Korrealis mount.

• Locked thread