Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

No, but it's at Nintendo's discretion how much they offer per vulnerability.

I don't think many people will jump at the chance at revealing potentially homebrew enabling exploits for a paltry $100 reward.
If they upped the bounty it might be more appealing to cash in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Now we'll see who is willing to pay more than Nintendo for the exploits.

^^ I'm thinking that something minor will get the 100 dollars. Something that gets you root level access on the system is more likely to get the 20k.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I wonder if there will ever be Switch flash cards.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
Does it leave a bunch of crap on the screen if you pull the protector off?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Sony's been a bit too gung-ho on piracy sometimes imo, I'm sure it simplifies their relations with publishers though. I hope Nintendo figures out a reasonable approach that doesn't compromise my right to gently caress up my hardware too much

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Snitches get Switches

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

parallelodad posted:

Snitches get Switches

Have you seen that photo from the plane? Apparently Switches get Bitches.

(notamisogynist!!!)

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Cojawfee posted:

Yeah, the poor screen protector didn't do anything wrong and didn't deserve to die like that.

have you considered that the screen protector may have caused the system to overheat?

that plastic needs to be able to breathe

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Cojawfee posted:

No, the amfilm glass protector held on strong until I ripped it off to send my switch to. Nintendo.

Has anyone that doesn't use a screen protector had the screen lift problem? I saw a bunch of people complaining about it on reddit and it seemed to be only people with screen protectors.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Cojawfee posted:

I'm terrified of putting my switch in the dock because I don't want the screen to lift up again.

Mine is kinda doing the same. The right side has a very noticeable lip. Guess I'll be sending like everything to Nintendo now.

Spacebump posted:

Has anyone that doesn't use a screen protector had the screen lift problem? I saw a bunch of people complaining about it on reddit and it seemed to be only people with screen protectors.

Mine had already developed the lip by the time I put a screen protector on like a week later. It may have been like that from day one, I dunno, I didn't notice until I was applying the screen protector and realized huh, the right side of the screen isn't flush like the left side is...

enojy fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Apr 11, 2017

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

SeANMcBAY posted:

Does the Switch keep saves from physical carts internally or do they save to the cart?

Saves go into System Storage.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Opened my pro controller that I bought at Best Buy yesterday. I realized one of the clear stickers sealing it was cut open and the other looked like it had been put back onto the box. The control is there, a little dirty and it DOESN'T have the charging cord I need to pair it. Someone put in a different usb cord that doesn't fit, stole the charge cord, and returned it. Even better, I don't have time to go to Best Buy today and it was the last one in stock. Returning it means I can't get another but I'm going to have to.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Apr 11, 2017

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Holy poo poo, Neo Geo Over Top is out in the uk eshop on the 27th. The gently caress are you doing to me hamster.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So after the DQ11 event people asked SE about the Switch version and the answer seemed oddly worded like there might be an NDA about the game. Here's the quote:

Mochizuki posted:

It is still planned but no announcements today. Whether it launches together on the same day as PS4 and 3DS or not we cannot say today

Given the other two versions launch in three months it would be really odd if they truly didn't know if the Switch version would launch at the same time

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.
Sorry if this has already been answered in the thread but if I buy downloadable copies of games then my SD card dies do I lose all the games on it or can they be re-downloaded. Similarly if my switch dies and I get a new one will all my games be stuck on the old switch?

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Tea Bone posted:

Sorry if this has already been answered in the thread but if I buy downloadable copies of games then my SD card dies do I lose all the games on it or can they be re-downloaded. Similarly if my switch dies and I get a new one will all my games be stuck on the old switch?

All attached to your Nintendo ID in either event.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Re: The screen protector/screen lift thing. The glass screen protector is a fraction of a millimeter thick. I suppose when this hits the rubber thing in the dock, it puts more stress on the screen adhesive than normal and causes it to fail. I don't know. That would suck, but the thickness being slightly out of whack causing the screen to lift up is a bad design flaw.

Spacebump posted:

Opened my pro controller that I bought at Best Buy yesterday. I realized one of the clear stickers sealing it was cut open and the other looked like it had been put back onto the box. The control is there, a little dirty and it DOESN'T have the charging cord I need to pair it. Someone put in a different usb cord that doesn't fit, stole the charge cord, and returned it. Even better, I don't have time to go to Best Buy today and it was the last one in stock. Returning it means I can't get another but I'm going to have to.

Sounds like someone bought the controller, decided they didn't want it, didn't know which of their USB cables came with it so they threw some random cable they had and took it back to the store. Sucks that whoever did the return didn't notice that the box was already opened.

Tea Bone posted:

You can redownload whenever you want. You could download the game, swap SD cards and download the game again. It only lets you play it if it is associated with your account.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Cojawfee posted:

Sounds like someone bought the controller, decided they didn't want it, didn't know which of their USB cables came with it so they threw some random cable they had and took it back to the store. Sucks that whoever did the return didn't notice that the box was already opened.

It's even worse when you realize when Best Buy sells previously opened products, it's supposed to be at a discount. They sold it at full price.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

Infinitum posted:

Nintendo offering rewards to hackers for finding security flaws :allears:

Those pesky hackers and their want for running emulators (Amongst other things) :allears:

So this is why you literally can't do anything apart from play games on your switch, because Nintendo are terrible at locking their systems down

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's been out for just over a month.

Give it a minute to get homebrew running.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Bad Parenting posted:

So this is why you literally can't do anything apart from play games on your switch, because Nintendo are terrible at locking their systems down

How does Nintendo offering a security vulnerability bounty program (like just about any other big software or hardware company) make them terrible at security?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

So after the DQ11 event people asked SE about the Switch version and the answer seemed oddly worded like there might be an NDA about the game. Here's the quote:

Given the other two versions launch in three months it would be really odd if they truly didn't know if the Switch version would launch at the same time

Funny enough after Nintendo of Japan put out the article announcing the release date for the 3DS version, they had a mention of the Switch version in development. A few hours later they completely scrubbed any mention of Switch from the article. Bit of a news story right now in Japanese gaming news.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Will we find out the Arms release day tomorrow?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Probably. I hope we get a demo as well.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

You're a champion! Thanks heaps for posting this - it came out to 52 Australian dollars including shipping. Meanwhile for the same product here in Australia our big "cheap" electronics retailer wants literally TRIPLE that price: https://www.jbhifi.com.au/cameras/sandisk/sandisk-ultra-microsdxc-128gb-class-10-memory-card/618843/

When I get this can I just move Zelda over to it or do I need to redownload it? No biggie either way, I'm just curious.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

eShop will be down for maintenance tomorrow so I wouldn't be surprised if they're putting up something related to the direct.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

parallelodad posted:

eShop will be down for maintenance tomorrow so I wouldn't be surprised if they're putting up something related to the direct.

Fingers crossed for a detail of their online/VC plans. I'll be bummed if they put out an Arms demo as I just sent in a joycon for repair.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
This is it lads virtual console is finally here

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

monkeu posted:

You're a champion! Thanks heaps for posting this - it came out to 52 Australian dollars including shipping. Meanwhile for the same product here in Australia our big "cheap" electronics retailer wants literally TRIPLE that price: https://www.jbhifi.com.au/cameras/sandisk/sandisk-ultra-microsdxc-128gb-class-10-memory-card/618843/

When I get this can I just move Zelda over to it or do I need to redownload it? No biggie either way, I'm just curious.

awesome!!!!

dont know about the zelda thing tho!!

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Stop it right there.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I want to believe VC will arrive tomorrow but im not that strong

pls nintendo tell me I can play advance wars dual strike, ogre battle 64, mario kart 8, and king of fighters 98 all on the same portable

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

parallelodad posted:

its probably gonna be nothing but they should be putting link to the past and or links awakening on VC

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

MinibarMatchman posted:

ogre battle 64

Has this ever been rereleased?

acksplode
May 17, 2004

eonwe posted:

its probably gonna be nothing but they should be putting link to the past and or links awakening on VC

That they haven't done this yet is a greater crime than all the Amiibo spoofing in the world combined

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Nephzinho posted:

Has this ever been rereleased?

It's on VC iirc

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Virtual console uses downloaded ROMs and is piracy. I refuse.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

zenintrude posted:

It's on VC iirc

So it has, wonder why the cart still goes for a solid price then.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

Pirate and cut out the middle man imo

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

While i was in a game of BoI a notification popped up stating that BotW finished downloading something. Anyone know if a patch was just pushed out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Cojawfee posted:

Uh actually roms released and sold by the copyright holder are perfectly fine and good.

• Locked thread