Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the most hosed up, twisted prank, dropping good games on people who hate good things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Amppelix posted:

I really don't think this is happening. How would you do mouse only movement in a 3d environment, in a 3rd person perspective? You probably could do it but it wouldn't be pretty.

I actually use the mouse only for moving around in FFXIV, it's pretty easy. I'm not sure it would work for a game not designed around it though.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Couldn't they just make it so the left mouse button makes Rean go forward wherever you have the camera pointed?

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
So according to Brittany on the livestream, it's not just Rean's missing voices that'll be added to the PC version of Cold Steel, but also others. I recall her saying Rean's voice samples are merely a part of the 5000 extra voiced lines. Along the ones who received additional voice samples in the first game are Mueller and B. (both were unvoiced in the first game) Apparantly Ferris got a few lines too. I don't recall her being voiced at all in either game on the consoles, so I wonder what scenes got voiced. Brittany apparantly went through a non-commentary LP of the game on Youtube and made a list of scenes she wanted to receive voice treatment.

Sara was on the twitch channel too and apparantly she's not working on Cold Steel right now. I'm not sure if she never did or if she's just completely focussed on 3rd right now, but one name I briefly recall hearing was Durante, who has somewhat of a reputation on Steam for taking straight no-frills console ports of JRPGs (like Tales of Symphonia and Final Fantasy XIII) and tweak them to remove the 30 FPS cap and make them run better on PC. I'm not sure how far they're gonna go with the bells and whistles, but the added voices and stated desire to get 60 FPS everywhere already show that they're putting more effort into this PC port than Bamco and Squenix usually do with their work, despite having much more resources. The whole thing with the voices is just something most companies don't do when they're porting their stuff to another platform, so I wanted to point out just how special this is.

Back when SC was released, XSeed convinced Falcom to take out their PSP development kits and get their PSP programmers on board one more time in a gesture of goodwill towards the people who bought FC back in 2011. Naturally, that gesture of goodwill was twisted around when 3rd was first announced and people were quick to brand XSeed traitors to their base for not being able to secure a PSP release this time despite the fact that the PSP version of SC was already them going the extra mile.

This time, with the announcement of the PC version having the voiced dialogue Falcom never implemented into their original game, the cesspit of entitlement that is the internet didn't disappoint either and several folks immediately started trashtalking XSeed for not magically adding those lines to the console versions as well despite the fact it was Falcom's refusal that was the reason those lines were not in the console versions to begin with. It seems no good deed ever goes unpunished.

Anyway, Brittany didn't really talk about the Crossbell games on the channel, but she did reiterate what she already said before; she'd LOVE to work on them, but the current games and ESPECIALLY the upcoming ones have to bring in sales figures. Pleading facebook messages don't move companies, sales figures do. If you're one of those people who'd like to see XSeed take on Zero and Ao one day but aren't planning to rebuy the Cold Steel games, reconsider...both to support the series and as a sign of appreciation for XSeed in going the extra mile with the games they bring over they have direct control over.

Erpy fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Apr 8, 2017

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I am going to buy and 100% the Cold Steel games....again.

Will be a great 300ish hours :allears:

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

I remember there being like a steam handheld in the works years ago, did that ever go anywhere? Do they make handheld monitors or something? Cuz I'm definitely buying the games, I'm not just emptily calling it the best game series in existence. But I'm also not going to risk my hatred of the pains and inconveniences inherit to PC gaming attaching themselves to LoH.

Seriously, when CS 2 came out I did the last 3 chapters of CS1 and all of CS2 in about 2 weeks while talking to every single NPC in the games for a total of like 130 hours and had no issues at all but god forbid I play 20 hours of FF4 on PC in a week and loving die from shoulder pain.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'll buy them again if they come out on PS4

With Japanese voices

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Importing stuff from Japan isn't gonna help the series over here though.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

If you want japanese voices there's already an undub, the steam version will have a mod in like days

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'm not sure I'll get around to replaying them but I'll probably rebuy Cold Steel if only to have as many Falcom titles as possible in one place on Steam.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

gaming news update: Trails in the Sky 3rd is pretty good probably

also it looks like I'll be continuing to ignore my backlog and re-buying some JRPGs I've already sunk like four hundred hours into, here's to me being trash :cheers:

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Apr 8, 2017

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Oh, I am definitely rebuying the CS1 and CS2 on Steam, don't worry about that. I am in love with this series, it's my favorite JRPG series by far. My hope is that a lot more people will play it now since it is on steam. Hopefully, it won't get dismissed as a Persona knock-off because of the Arcus link stuff. It does different things than the Persona series.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Yeah, I'll definitely rebuy Cold Steel for PC.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I'm probably gonna do like I do for sky and buy them on steam gog and humble.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
this isn't the first time xseed has worked with durante, they worked with him previously to fix their wonky port of little king's story and that's in a pretty good state now, when at launch it was kind of bad, so expect cold steel's port to be pretty solid.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
A good look for Tiny Commander.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

she is tiny teacher now

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
FYI, the text says something like "did you mistake me for someone else?"

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Tiny teacher in all worlds

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I will not rest until she is tiny chancellor

edit: I imagine we're due for a thread title change since 3rd is out in like 3 weeks.

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Apr 11, 2017

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Unlike Rean and Alisa, Towa doesn't really seem to look older at all.

Oh my God, she's secretly a homunculous. :stonk:

Hey, it WOULD explain the stature.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Anyway here's the info from the leak I posted Towa from compiled

https://pastebin.com/SyjuNXf4

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Pictures:

https://twitter.com/Gu4n/status/851814158043623424

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Oh god for a second I thought Osbourne got his hands on Towa.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
With Towa now shown, of other CS1/2 characters not yet revealed I really hope we get to see Claire again. I know her Japanese VA died which is a huge bummer for real life reasons of course.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Apr 12, 2017

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen

quote:

Towa Herschel, 21 years old. Head instructor of Class IX. Kondo's comments:
Has not grown physically at all.

:allears:

This is glorious.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Aurelia...quit staring at me...:blush:

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004

Cyouni posted:

:allears:

This is glorious.

But it's also fairly normal. My biology classes are pretty far back but most women reach their full height by 16 or 17. Towa was already 18 in CS1.

The important thing though is that tiny senpai is there for us.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I am completely lukewarm on Towa in general and additionally that outfit looks dumb on her.

I am now prepared for your scathing rebuttals. :colbert:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Super Jay Mann posted:

I am completely lukewarm on Towa in general and additionally that outfit looks dumb on her.

Mods?!

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

I was lukewarm on Towa at the start too, but she just kept on being heartwarming and now I just want to see her get shorter from too many headpats.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Super Jay Mann posted:

What the gently caress?!

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

can't be a coincidence that both altina and towa are now wearing headpat shields

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Super Jay Mann posted:

I'm sorry that you're dead inside. :smith:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Man the scope of cs3 seems nuts. Sounds like we'll be bouncing across Western Erebonia, Crossbell and North Ambria.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Zaggitz posted:

Man the scope of cs3 seems nuts. Sounds like we'll be bouncing across Western Erebonia, Crossbell and North Ambria.

And that's not even getting into the cast if we assume all the members of the old Class VII will still play a role of some kind.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Erpy posted:

And that's not even getting into the cast if we assume all the members of the old Class VII will still play a role of some kind.

they have also been teasing Sky trilogy cameos and someone found a text dump that mentions Tita

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I'm really glad the Trails series is becoming kind of a big deal. They are good games and make me happy to play them, and they just seem to be getting better as they go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Dengeki scans:

https://imgur.com/a/XPFqF