Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

PostNouveau posted:

Eh, I'd wait to see the final results before calling it a huge screwup by the DNC. Maybe Thompsons wins or loses by a good bit. No way to know yet.

Regardless of if he wins or loses it's a massive fuckup on their part. For all the help the Democrats have given him Thompson might as well have run as an independent, and he'd definitely have better odds if he did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Smattering of hope: remember that Pompeo won this exact district 61-30 in november

It's currently 52-46

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

turn off the TV posted:

Estes is winning the 4th district with 70% of the population's precincts yet to report in! Woo!

My bones ache. Could this be the... no, no! Help, I'm turning into a corncob again! I thought I was done with that! Noooooooo....

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

PostNouveau posted:

Eh, I'd wait to see the final results before calling it a huge screwup by the DNC. Maybe Thompsons wins or loses by a good bit. No way to know yet.

I think that because it's this close no matter what happens it's a victory for us and gets the Congressional Republicans to be super loving shook

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

brugroffil posted:

Haven't they been sending resources to upcoming or ongoing special elections that seemed more plausible? Ks-04 was blood red for two decades before this.

yeah, hence why no resources were spent by the dccc on this race. What I'm syaing is that the dems are so inept and shortsighted that a narrow loss, or even a win, would communicate to them NOT to actually focus on trying to win difficult races with candidates that have a resonant economic message, but that: 'we can just leave it up to the local guys;' or worse: 'well, Trump is SO bad that we can win anywhere with anyone!'

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Chokes McGee posted:

hell yeah herbivores gonna gently caress you up

Deer are trash animals and i lust for their eradication almost as much as bible and rust belt death.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Shinjobi posted:

I would go so far as to say that win or lose, they hosed up.

Yeah but what if it's a win or a loss by a large margin in either direction?

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

♬ Hang down your head and cry... 🎜

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

it's an 6 point lead for the republican rn which is a bit beyond, "this is just like Michigan in 2016"

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Chill Nazi Frog posted:

Deer are trash animals and i lust for their eradication almost as much as bible and rust belt death.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

I think that because it's this close no matter what happens it's a victory for us and gets the Congressional Republicans to be super loving shook

Darrell Issa grows more shook with each passing day and hell im glad

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

turn off the TV posted:

Estes is winning the 4th district with 70% of the population's precincts yet to report in! Woo!

Why the gently caress are they celebrating a narrow win in a district that went over 60% for Trump not five months ago? That's a startling drop. I know the GOP likes to playact that they're not worried, but this can't make them happy about Georgia's 6th. This didn't have the Democrats trying that hard at all. Give the country a year more of Trump at this rate and you'll see some poo poo.

Trump is the perfect millstone around their necks.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Abolish the democratic party

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

gotta get in on that late guilt train

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

trump

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

the wall around the bad thread can't come soon enough

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Chill Nazi Frog posted:

I hope a deer eats your lawn

all of it

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

We said this when they nominated him.

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/aseitzwald/status/851980241107132416

https://twitter.com/DanaHoule/status/851977809618718720

Reasonable strategy by DCCC or bullshit excuse?

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

ex post facho posted:

if you ever need a cold splash of water on thibking the democrats have a shot in 2018, just read bip roberts and cc in baddems

same thinking as before no lessons learned, party doesnt care to support anybody who doesnt toe that plutocrat line

i try not to use SA posters as representatives of anything out in the greater world.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Why the gently caress are they celebrating a narrow win in a district that went over 60% for Trump not five months ago? That's a startling drop. I know the GOP likes to playact that they're not worried, but this can't make them happy about Georgia's 6th. This didn't have the Democrats trying that hard at all. Give the country a year more of Trump at this rate and you'll see some poo poo.

if only the democrata knew how to live free or try hard

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
like, imagine if this thread was where i got my idea of how canadians are

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

kopasetic posted:

Is there anything to the DNC line that spending influx/national party effort for Thompson would have energized Republicans more than it would have benefited Thompson? That seems to be the excuse they're going with for why they didn't help much.

No, they're just complete assholes as usual.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

lmao that was fast, lmbo

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Zikan posted:

it's an 6 point lead for the republican rn which is a bit beyond, "this is just like Michigan in 2016"

yeah but it's fun to not have hope, then you don't get it dashed when things don't work

I remember what it felt like when the health care vote mattered

it was like pure china white injected directly into my eyeballs

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Yeah, this is pretty bad news for the GOP. Someone posted earlier that KS04 is the 75th reddest district in the US, and the GOP has dropped around 10%, although the hypothetically most liberal districts haven't even reported in yet.

This is really bad news for them.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

kopasetic posted:

Is there anything to the DNC line that spending influx/national party effort for Thompson would have energized Republicans more than it would have benefited Thompson? That seems to be the excuse they're going with for why they didn't help much.

If that is true, the Democratic Party basically has no reason to exist as a party then and should dissolve immediately. In major Dem strongholds, all the party exists to do is promote neoliberal centrists and quash energetic young base. In tossup regions/Republican strongholds, the party is too toxic and its central leadership needs to stay at arm's length for their guys to have a chance. Sounds like it should fix its toxic branding by dissolving.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

how is Moscow this time of year?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

six o' one, half dozen t'other

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

depends on how much I want to whine about my mental fantasy of all the bad dems

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

lol, if things happen good then us doing nothing is a good thing?

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Democrats should have won this seat considering the circumstances and they better win Osoffs seat.

They will lose both lol

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

reminder that, if they cannot win, republicans will simply falsify/misplace/discover enough votes to give them the win anyway and no one in any position of any sort of power will ever question this or care about this in the least

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

"You can't change anything so don't bother" is such a winning message

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Der Meister posted:

Abolish the democratic party

DrProsek posted:

If that is true, the Democratic Party basically has no reason to exist as a party then and should dissolve immediately. In major Dem strongholds, all the party exists to do is promote neoliberal centrists and quash energetic young base. In tossup regions/Republican strongholds, the party is too toxic and its central leadership needs to stay at arm's length for their guys to have a chance. Sounds like it should fix its toxic branding by dissolving.

suck zone

that way

friends

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im sorry guys it was me, im Theodore Baddem, head of the DCCC, adn this is all my fault

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
This special election is just a distraction from #TrumpRussia!! :argh:

Please follow @ericgarland @louisemench @20committee

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

NNick posted:

Democrats should have won this seat considering the circumstances and they better win Osoffs seat.

They will lose both lol

What are "the circumstances"

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

lol if you still have hope for red states

TRUMP

signed

A HOOSIER

that postin brand...!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU