Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

NtotheTC posted:

British F1 drivers. Getting WDCs, hot girls, and instagraming their dogs. What do German f1 drivers have again? Oh that's right Vettel named his car Gina. Great.

Gina is only slightly less cringeworthy than 'Kinky Kylie'. I guess that's progress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Theophany posted:

holy lol bianchi @ 0:50

drat, that was dark

wicka posted:

Jenson's dogs have their own Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/storm_and_rogue_pomskies/

Thread is now about Storm and Rogue Button.

Taking a guess that they're named after X-men characters? Awesome. Mind you, this is Jenson. He could calll them 'shitface' and 'buttcrack' and I'd still be all :allears:

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

NtotheTC posted:

Oh that's right Vettel named his car Gina. Great.

I want to believe he plays Bowies 'Girl Loves Me' full blast from it too

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

oliwan posted:

Just thinking about Max Verstappen :allears:

Phwoar op, what a top top top driver. Plus on top he's showing how poo poo Riccccciardo is, what a shithouse he is much like every Australian driver brokebrained goons seem to like.

Also Vettel is insanely #ftw also the #scudisgood

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

track day bro! posted:

Phwoar op, what a top top top driver. Plus on top he's showing how poo poo Riccccciardo is, what a shithouse he is much like every Australian driver brokebrained goons seem to like.

I'm reprising my vid cause gently caress y'all

https://my.mixtape.moe/sqdstg.webm

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

aequalis posted:

Now this only leads us to the question of are Britson Butward Star Wars fans or X-Men fans?

No X-Men fans would ever call something Storm

track day bro! posted:

Vettle sucks so bad the guy who hired him got fired because of it

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Dubs posted:

Vettle sucks so bad the guy who hired him got fired because of it

lol @ at this buttmad guy who is so epic qq butcare that he can't admit a 4 times WDC is good. Hell, he's probably the best driver of all time.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

track day bro! posted:

Thank you for this post op, it really made me think and now i like Max even more :stare:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Alonso is going to race in the Indy 500 :aaaaa:

http://www.mclaren.com/formula1/inside-the-mtc/fernando-alonso-to-race-at-indy-500-with-mcLaren-honda-and-andretti-autosport/

quote:

Since the Indianapolis 500 will take place on May 28th, the same day as the Monaco Grand Prix, Fernando will not race at Monaco this year. The Indianapolis 500 will be the only 2017 IndyCar race in which Fernando will compete, however, and the Monaco Grand Prix will therefore be the only 2017 Formula 1 race in which he will not compete.

:stare:

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Apr 12, 2017

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

Can't believe he's skipping Monaco, I'm gonna tune into Indy for sure though, this was very out of nowhere.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Holy poo poo this is awesome.

Button to replace? Or Rosberg, he's a local :v:

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
He's giving up on WDC three and going for the Motorsports Triple Crown

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

p. nice Wolf Parade ref posted:

Can't believe he's skipping Monaco, I'm gonna tune into Indy for sure though, this was very out of nowhere.

I'm not so sure about that.

Can you just imagine what Monaco is going to be like with the McLaren Honda the way it is? I bet they found Alonso in his trailer rocking back and forth muttering "I'm a good driver, I'm a fast driver" and decided, as they were quietly putting all the sharp objects out of reach, that they'd better throw him a bone.

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
It does sort of throw the theory that the problems they have are all in the PU considering so little of Monaco is spent at Full Throttle. I guess the McLaren chassis is really that bad

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

p. nice Wolf Parade ref posted:

Oh no not monaco :geno:

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Confirms what we already knew about his mental state right now re Honda. Does mean one thing though...

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

I would've thought Monaco would be the least bad circuit for the McLarens :shrug:

Weird coincidence but I've recently been watching Mansell's '93 season.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Yeah I'm pretty shocked they let Nando off for Monaco. Must mean Are Jense wants a work trip to Monaco.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

I'd even watch Indy if Alonso is racing in it

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

track day bro! posted:

Oh no not monaco :geno:

Monaco has its moments, but meant more along the lines was surprised he's missing a Formula 1 race in general. I'm used to guys doing other series in the off-season, I can't remember a dude going off to race somewhere else during a F1 race weekend.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
The best part of this story is how it seems to have triggered a Jake Humphrey meltdown over the Sanctity Of F1

https://twitter.com/mrjakehumphrey/status/852105707793117184

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Our Lewis would be able to do both on the same day.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Vando posted:

The best part of this story is how it seems to have triggered a Jake Humphrey meltdown over the Sanctity Of F1

Must be hard that another series crown jewel race actually lives up to hype.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Vando posted:

loving lol at that dweeb

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I like watching Monaco quali, thats about it.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
lol @ mattdizzle again

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Hey there's that silver lining!

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Who the gently caress took my avatar and replaced it with asinine text?

edit:How many parachute accounts does matt have? That guy is on a ban-roll

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Nando at Indy will be awesome. Monaco is a turd so I can see why he wants to skip it.

Theophany posted:

lol @ mattdizzle again

The price for being a Lewis fan is quite steep.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

1500quidporsche posted:

Nando at Indy will be awesome. Monaco is a turd so I can see why he wants to skip it.

If he had even a sniff of a chance of putting it on the podium he'd be there. I think they got him to do indy because it suits Zak Brown, Honda, McLaren and Alonso to actually do something in a potentially competitive car for a change.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Norns posted:

rumor is he's looking at buying interlagos.

I hope he buys it and then can't afford the annual 10% track hosting fee escalation.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Carth Dookie posted:

If he had even a sniff of a chance of putting it on the podium he'd be there. I think they got him to do indy because it suits Zak Brown, Honda, McLaren and Alonso to actually do something in a potentially competitive car for a change.

It is also good publicity for everyone concerned, something McLaren desperatly need. Nando is even going to drive the Indy 500 in McLaren liveries on his car.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

The best bit of Monaco is that it looks kinda nice, plus hot posh totty in those rooftop swimming pools. But gently caress the racing.

djssniper posted:

I'd even watch Indy if Alonso is racing in it

So as a Brit, how do I go about watching Indy?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I'm shocked that this is a real thing that is REALLY HAPPENING but I'm not particularly surprised that McLaren and/or Honda are willing to go to such great lengths to keep him happy.

sdfsdafhsadgjsdg i can't loving deal rn

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

enri posted:

So as a Brit, how do I go about watching Indy?

Go find the nearest roundabout and sit there for 5 hours to replicate the experience.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Carth Dookie posted:

Yeah, it's an easy way to score a shitload of positive publicity for all parties involved without having to actually fix their poo poo situation.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Who remembers when Our Jense wn the Monaco Grand Prix and then was late for the podium because he was banging Jess in a store cupboard? Good times.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

1500quidporsche posted:

Yeah, it's an easy way to score a shitload of positive publicity for all parties involved without having to actually fix their poo poo situation.

Pretty much.

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Who remembers when Our Jense wn the Monaco Grand Prix and then was late for the podium because he was banging Jess in a store cupboard? Good times.

:laffo:

When the heck did that happen?

edit; must have been 2009 since that's when he won it.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Chance of him finishing monaco hasn't been affected though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Carth Dookie posted:

Pretty much.

:laffo:

When the heck did that happen?

When he won the Monaco Grand Prix of course

• Locked thread