Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

You have to save up all your political capital, and real capital, for the final boss

n then never use it anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Ballot access restrictions are pretty much the only reason for someone outside the party machine to run as a democrat at this point.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

You have to save up all your political capital, and real capital, for the final boss

Can't beat the final boss when you've been avoiding all enemies and are stuck at level 1

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Normal person: I guess it makes sense for the party to support their candidate in this extremely high-profile race.

Zegermen: [literally foaming at the mouth and swallowing his own tongue]

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgU4Oum8SLg

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

repubs op pls nerf

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

State-level operative: Sir, you've been seeing massive Democratic donations since Trump's election, perhaps you could send us some money since the whole country is watching this--

Tom Perez: Not a chance, BERNIECRAT!!!! *removes mask to reveal that he is Zegermen, then begins swallowing own tongue*

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Probably posted on a previous page but still, lmao

https://twitter.com/nomikikonst/status/852003915604393984

https://twitter.com/nomikikonst/status/852004680012111872

https://twitter.com/nomikikonst/status/852005282813288449

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Joementum posted:

Because it's the first special election after a DNC chair election in which all candidates promised to support state parties aggressively. It's about showing the base that you meant it and showing the flag in some of these high-profile elections. Even a pittance would avoid the stories about the DNC abandoning the race. An investment that would have paid off in the long run.

but how would the lanyards get their consulting fees????

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Thoguh posted:

Ballot access restrictions are pretty much the only reason for someone outside the party machine to run as a democrat at this point.

yeah ok buddy

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

lol that the only thing the Dems did proactively in this race was make sure nobody else could take credit for it being close and make sure nobody would blame them for not helping.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Raskolnikov38 posted:

but how would the lanyards get their consulting fees????

you guys realize the consultants get paid when the dnc spends on races right? they're vendors

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Lanyards can't melt steel beams.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Turdfuzz posted:

repubs op pls nerf

update 2019.1.3: constitutionally prohibited the democratic party

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

https://twitter.com/num1_fan/status/851788074019377154

Lol owned berniecrats

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Concerned Citizen posted:

you guys realize the consultants get paid when the dnc spends on races right? they're vendors

lanyard: my advice is to not spend money on trying to win. now that'll be 20 grand

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

update 2019.1.3: constitutionally prohibited the democratic party
Democrats had been expected to fight against the amendment, but in a surprising move party leadership presented no opposition. "Que sera, sera," DNC chair Tom Perez told reporters in the run-up. "Whatever will be will be."

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lanyard: my advice is to not spend money on trying to win. now that'll be 20 grand

yeah that's not consulting works

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

oh right

lanyard: and the motto should be "America is great because America is good". that'll be one billion dollars please

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

It is when the consultants are being mind controlled by sentient keychains from the Dark Dimension!

Find out more on TheTinfoilDoesNothing.com

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

You're right, the money comes first.

DNC: How much for you to look at this
Consultant: $20,000
DNC: :signs check:
Consultant: Try not to win

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

lol the bernie wing is never satisfied, always with the purity tests

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

to quote noted sage Dogbert, Consult is actually a portmanteau of con and insult.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

zegermans posted:

to quote noted sage Dogbert, Consult is actually a portmanteau of con and insult.

lol that's actually p funny on its own, too bad it's likely buried after eight paragraphs of weak poo poo tho

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

theflyingexecutive posted:

lol that's actually p funny on its own, too bad it's likely buried after eight paragraphs of weak poo poo tho

believe it or not, libertarian blogger Scott Adams also manages a semi-popular comic strip in his free time

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

good dems looking at bad dems like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN9DW4rrEjY

jk no such thing as good dems

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
pretty weak troll game even for zegerposting imo

dems hosed this one up bigly and this further underscores they didnt learn poo poo from 2016

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Candidate: So, can we expect help from the national party running as a Democrat?

Perez: *tugs collar centristishly* Uh...hey! Did you see Chillary slay in her new Katy Perry pumps?? Yass kween!!

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

loquacius posted:

believe it or not, libertarian blogger Scott Adams also manages a semi-popular comic strip in his free time

Yes and that comic strip has 2-300 words per panel

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

ex post facho posted:

Candidate: So, can we expect help from the national party running as a Democrat?

Perez: *tugs collar centristishly* Uh...hey! Did you see Chillary slay in her new Katy Perry pumps?? Yass kween!!

It was important the dems keep taking megadonor money so hillary could afford those pumps. She can't run in 2020 if she's barefoot!

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Those dastardly Republicans snuck into Perez's office late at night and removed Kansas from his list of 50 states

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
the 50 state strategy is still dumb

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Terror Sweat posted:

Those dastardly Republicans snuck into Perez's office late at night and removed Kansas from his list of 50 states

KANSAS??

Aww, we sent the moneys to ARKANSAS...

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

It's a good thing they're​ not using it then

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

the 50 state strategy is still dumb

Yes, tossing winnable seats to republicans is the smart, pragmatic, and adult thing to do.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Condiv posted:

Yes, tossing winnable seats to republicans is the smart, pragmatic, and adult thing to do.

"winnable"

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
Hillary's pantsuits

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Nothing's winnable with that attitude, mister!

:smuggo:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

6% off from winning with 0 DNC support is very winnable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

oh c'mon dude, you cannot possibly tell me this race was unwinnable

For the record I think you get poo poo on a little too much ITT but I also think you revel in it and actively invite it sometimes and this is one of those times

• Locked thread