Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Alereon posted:

Fun fact: trains plow through cars at crossings so routinely that they don't even bother doing a drug or alcohol test on the train driver. Your average train engineer will have something like four fatal crossing accidents in their career. They used to not even get time off.

Isn't it mostly not their fault? It takes a while to stop a whole drat train. Like that one where the guy killed those girls taking selfies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

C.M. Kruger posted:

A furry sovereign citizen.

I am not a person! ..."woof"

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

ilmucche posted:

Isn't it mostly not their fault? It takes a while to stop a whole drat train. Like that one where the guy killed those girls taking selfies.

A full speed train fully loaded? Over a mile to stop. You're talking a fuckton of mass, which means loads of momentum and inertia.

Pretty much if you're in the train's path, you're going to lose.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

SpacePig posted:

Hey now, it's not as racist as you think!

Why do people caught up in stories like this even talk to news outlets at all? Has it ever helped anyone that's done a thing like this?

she's one to talk she looks like they shaved an orangutan.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
This is the best gif on the internet.

iospace posted:

A full speed train fully loaded? Over a mile to stop. You're talking a fuckton of mass, which means loads of momentum and inertia.

Pretty much if you're in the train's path, you're going to lose.
Yeah these motherfuckers are not to be messed with. The temptation is to get in front of them because it can take ten minutes for them to pass, but it's really not worth it.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

if you are seriously asking why spicer is allowed to continue doing what he does its because the stupid poo poo he says almost always detracts from the stupid poo poo his boss says and does

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Also who the gently caress else would want the job?

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
Good dogs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ePFayh8W18

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Heaven forbid Syria becomes unstable!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://twitter.com/NickNicotera/status/851602092468731906

Apparently it's a photoshop but it's still getting reported by various media outlets :v:

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

very good dogs

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
This United thing keeps giving.

https://twitter.com/_ClaireConnelly/status/852036052286033921

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

That can't be true...can it?

If so, that dude could spend the rest of his life suing practically every gutter press news outlet around the world.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

ekuNNN posted:

So uh he's doubling down and saying all those german jews and german rroma and german communists and german mentally and physically disabled people and german trade unionists and german gay people that got gassed weren't "fellow Germans"? :stare:

I -think- he means that the death camps weren't weapons, but some kind of... gas-based killing tools, as opposed to gas bombs.

Which is still a special kind of crazy.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
He just doesn't want to admit he forgot about the Holocaust for a minute there.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

You'd think that before publishing they would check to make sure it was the same guy and what they are saying isnt actionable. Dot all the i's and cross all the t's, check middle names all that kind of stuff. Just get all their Ducs in a row.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Spicer is like, the main guy who talks to the press, right? How is he so bad at talking?

There is nobody who can give a more powerful, passionate speech than Spicer on a variety of topics including the Dippin Dots and cinnamon chewing gum. Sadly this doesn't carry over to lesser topics.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

PostNouveau posted:

First he was desperately back pedalling, then he was desperately side pedalling, now he's just flailing about in random directions

SiKboy posted:

You'd think that before publishing they would check to make sure it was the same guy and what they are saying isnt actionable. Dot all the i's and cross all the t's, check middle names all that kind of stuff. Just get all their Ducs in a row.
:eyepop:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

PostNouveau posted:

It’s not just the Holocaust. Nazi Germany used chemical weapons in combat, too.

It wasn’t widespread, but it happened on multiple occasions.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Platystemon posted:

It’s not just the Holocaust. Nazi Germany used chemical weapons in combat, too.

It wasn’t widespread, but it happened on multiple occasions.

Yeah but that's just reality. The Trump administration hasn't been overly concerned with that when issuing statements or policy.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Yeah but that's just reality. The Trump administration hasn't been overly concerned with that when issuing statements or policy.

Policies might imply they are binding. That's like issuing a noose for your own neck.

Much better to just do everything on the run and claim national security or something later. Nobody* will ever know.

*Lots of people will know.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

SiKboy posted:

Just get all their Ducs in a row.

Boo.

:hf:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

SiKboy posted:

:bisonyes:

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.
Reminder: this is the same Sean Spicer that fuckin tweeted out his password because he's dumb. Twice. In one day. This is not a smart man.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

SiKboy posted:

:perfect:

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Suspended account, what was it?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

ElGroucho posted:

That'll teach me to screencap. Apparently the Dr. that was dragged off the United plane had a bunch of stories published about him having a drug conviction from the 70s. But it possibly turns out the dude with the same name who had those convictions wasn't him. Who knows, maybe they deleted it because they were wrong. Still, it gave me a chuckle to think about a bunch of muck-raking "news" outlets getting sued into oblivion for not doing their due diligence.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It's still up on TMZ without a correction or retraction. I don't feel like linking to it because I'd rather not spread it if it's not true.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
WOOPS

https://twitter.com/zelo_street/status/852094372636217344

http://i.imgur.com/uRxE6cl.png

Kaiju15
Jul 25, 2013

Ak Gara posted:

I am not a person! ..."woof"

So a person who thinks he's an animal who thinks he's not a person?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Congrats on your double payday Doctor Flight Guy.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Maybe it was a noble gesture to make sure this dude makes bank?

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

ElGroucho posted:

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
It's sad that companies think that smearing somebody's reputation somehow absolves them of their misdeeds. So what if it did turn out it was the same guy?!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

ElGroucho posted:

Maybe it was a noble gesture to make sure this dude makes bank?

Just wait till the movie deals start to come in.

TERROR ON THE RUNWAY - One doctor's race to be by his patient's side against all odds.
Tom Hanks stars as Doctor Dao.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Leon Einstein posted:

It's sad that companies think that smearing somebody's reputation somehow absolves them of their misdeeds. So what if it did turn out it was the same guy?!

"HE WAS NO ANGEL"

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Am I the only one thinking this could be the basis of a kickass Jackie Chan film?

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
former Alabama Governor Robert Bentley gave his work iPad to his wife

https://twitter.com/emmaroller/status/851504875544469505

canis minor
May 4, 2011

Memento posted:

That'll teach me to screencap. Apparently the Dr. that was dragged off the United plane had a bunch of stories published about him having a drug conviction from the 70s. But it possibly turns out the dude with the same name who had those convictions wasn't him. Who knows, maybe they deleted it because they were wrong. Still, it gave me a chuckle to think about a bunch of muck-raking "news" outlets getting sued into oblivion for not doing their due diligence.

I've read a clickbait article through Facebook saying the very same thing - the doctor had his license revoked some time ago, then he had it given back on probation, that he's not really a doctor doctor, but a homeopathy doctor, and that he bought drugs x years ago.

All the comments on Facebook were some instance of "what does any of that have anything to do with allowing United to treat people this way".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Even if he were a world famous and well respected doctor, he could have been doing something that justified the use of force. Doctors can be major assholes too.

Problem is the video clearly shows he did nothing wrong, at least not anything that justifies what happened to him.