Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Something weirdly demoralizing about reading the comments on this one, a mix of genuine naive (and racist) outrage and obvious in-on-it islamophobia-baiting with a few folks dutifully replying to everyone that it's a tornado drill and no room to break down what's wrong with people who immediately seized on this as evidence of the incoming Sharia takeover of America. The guy who posted it obviously knows what's what and in the end it'll filter into a few more peoples' broken worldviews, reinforcing their beliefs that little bit more. Even people who were corrected will just resent the people who corrected them or start thinking "well, it's probably happening somewhere."

There's just no holding back the utterly divorced from reality right-wing bubble, especially now that internet trolling has been fully internalized into it and the most determined news-spreaders are aware it's a bubble and just enjoy the nihilistic madness of it. It's like a whole segment of the population has drifted off entirely and reconciliation is impossible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

ahh that precious moment to silently contemplate death for a few minutes

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Well I did preface it with "I wish"

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
we got a plane that cant handle high wind shear, a dissolving ship, and bullets that poison the people who fire them

coming up next, a flammable tank

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Squizzle posted:

those students had names you know

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Coolguye posted:

how many earnest responses are there to this

https://twitter.com/30ought06/status/851821346510077953

https://twitter.com/dril/status/473265809079693312

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Coolguye posted:

how many earnest responses are there to this

so, so many

humanity was a mistake

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Daily Mail gets to pay out $2.9 million for saying Melania was a prostitute.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/article-4404142/Melania-Trump-Apology.html

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Fat Lee Adama versus Fat Betty Draper

who wins?

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
i hated those drills. do you know how positively filthy a public school hallway is???

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
touched by no angel

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Goddammit not Charlie Murphy. He managed to turn himself into a half decent stand up comedian too :(

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Winkie01 posted:

RIP Charlie Murphy

Comedy central should have given him his own show after Chappelle's show.

:(

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

paranoid randroid posted:

we got a plane that cant handle high wind shear, a dissolving ship, and bullets that poison the people who fire them

inflammable, tyvm

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.
Charlie Murphy :rip:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Winkie01 posted:

RIP Charlie Murphy

Comedy central should have given him his own show after Chappelle's show.

WHAT

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

gently caress

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Agrajag posted:

also that cake looks like dark chocolate and dark chocolate is gross

im quoting from the distant past to remind you that you are wrong and have bad opinions

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

the US army is way ahead of you

quote:

Because of their insufficient armor, the insides of Sherman tanks were prone to catching fire during combat. This problem was compounded when fires ignited shells and other munitions inside a tank. Sherman M4’s were jokingly referred to by British soldiers as “Ronsons”, a brand of lighter whose slogan was “Lights up the first time, every time!”[iv] Polish soldiers referred to them simply as “The Burning Grave”.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Iron Crowned posted:

One thing I know about the current Saudi King's personal jet is that it has a big rear end gyroscope to keep part of the floor facing towards mecca at all times. It also has a big rear end throne in the middle of it.

this rules tbh

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

American military is reaching its long term goal of being a living Polish joke

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
MOM!!!!

https://twitter.com/bostonglobe/status/852205946076090368

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

that sounds like trump's actually genuinely annoyed that they never know

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Irony.or.Death posted:

im quoting from the distant past to remind you that you are wrong and have bad opinions

yeah, you guys get all incensed over how your slab of cow murder is prepared but that post is virtually ignored

:sad:

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

also, aren't muslims supposed to face mecca when praying?

that school is either directly on mecca or you don't necessarily have to face the direction which is CLOSEST to mecca

trump'll haave a gyroscope jet but a nuke will always face mecca

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Apr 12, 2017

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
MOM/Buttigieg 2020!!!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Him?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Nichael posted:

yeah, you guys get all incense over how your slab of cow murder is prepared but that post is virtually ignored

CATSUP!!!

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

BREAKING: Martin O'Malley adopts "Why Can We Just All Get Along?" as 2020 Campaign Slogan

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

a helpful bear posted:

i hated those drills. do you know how positively filthy a public school hallway is???

I always wondered how incredibly useless such drills would be in the event that a tornado actually touched down anywhere nearby

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Fluoride Jones posted:

BSG was poo poo

yes but it also seriously owned, and was better than 99.9% of the other garbage aired on television

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

a good start but i was thinking a hull made out of magnesium + a big flintlock mechanism on top

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

We would also have accepted the Ferdinand/Elefant, which routinely set itself on fire if asked to drive for long periods of time or up slight inclines.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Nichael posted:

yeah, you guys get all incensed over how your slab of cow murder is prepared but that post is virtually ignored

oh thats right you're one of those

daycrew

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

btw in north alabama they serve chocolate cake with ranch if you ask for it

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Fluoride Jones posted:

BSG was poo poo

:yikes:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
you see Ivan if you set tank on fire, enemy soldiers unable to get inside firing arc

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Al! posted:

this has to be a parody account

https://twitter.com/robgarcia4/status/851523384823369729
https://twitter.com/fakelawn/status/852206281620422656

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

a helpful bear posted:

oh thats right you're one of those