Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Fullhouse posted:

I always wondered how incredibly useless such drills would be in the event that a tornado actually touched down anywhere nearby

Being in the interior of the building mainly means being away from windows, which will shatter and send glass everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

"We need deba.....I mean, we need to debase ourselves."

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Iron Crowned posted:

One thing I know about the current Saudi King's personal jet is that it has a big rear end gyroscope to keep part of the floor facing towards mecca at all times. It also has a big rear end throne in the middle of it.

i wanna put a magnet on a roomba and stash it in the cargo bay of that jet

have it go off when he's at 30,000 feet and have the chair just go loving insane

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

I am excited

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

martin o malley dot com
martin o malley dot com

*audience gets progressively more aroused*

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

dude's a loving liar. like lol people like this research anything

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

That's my MOM!

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
bsg was one of the first space shows to really respect inertial motion

by which i mean the first like 2-3 episodes were well funded and well written and had good performances and that was enough to let its corpse bounce around for another couple years

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

BUTTIGEIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

punchymcpunch posted:

btw in north alabama they serve chocolate cake with ranch if you ask for it

no

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fullhouse posted:

I always wondered how incredibly useless such drills would be in the event that a tornado actually touched down anywhere nearby

Tornado prep drills are just to make people less spooked

If a tornado is gonna kill you it's going to kill you and there's not much you can do about it

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

punchymcpunch posted:

btw in north alabama they serve chocolate cake with ranch if you ask for it

i think that's the case for most things.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

If a tornado is gonna kill you it's going to kill you and there's not much you can do about it

my mom whispered this into my ear every morning, and it made me ncaf

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

by the way, help me out

i cannot be the only person who sees 'martin o'malley' and immediately gets flashbacks to nickelodeon guts, right

yes yes i know that was mike o'malley i don't care.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

duck and cover

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

get this - you ask for salt - you get all the drat salt you want!!

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
tornadoes own

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Who would Trump perform worst against in debates, a young attractive man or a young attractive woman?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

brugroffil posted:

Being in the interior of the building mainly means being away from windows, which will shatter and send glass everywhere.

Protect ya neck

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Coolguye posted:

by the way, help me out

i cannot be the only person who sees 'martin o'malley' and immediately gets flashbacks to nickelodeon guts, right

one day before i die i shall hold a glowing piece of the radical rock

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Epic High Five posted:

Once you get sucked all you have to do is perform the quick time event perfectly and you'll come out unscathed

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Al! posted:

one day before i die i shall hold a glowing piece of the radical rock

the radical rock is what kills you

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Kurtofan posted:

what remarks

From CNN's story:

"I like Steve, but you have to remember he was not involved in my campaign until very late," Trump told New York Post columnist Michael Goodwin. "I had already beaten all the senators and all the governors, and I didn't know Steve. I'm my own strategist and it wasn't like I was going to change strategies because I was facing crooked Hillary."

Then, just in case anyone missed the point (they didn't), Trump added: "Steve is a good guy, but I told them to straighten it out or I will."

Agrajag posted:

you can gently caress right off with your lovely dark cacao crap. this here is milk chocolate country.

:911:

nopants
May 29, 2004
I can't believe Scott Pruitt needs a private army and his own mountain fortress to protect himself from his employees.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Once you get sucked all you have to do is perform the quick time event perfectly and you'll come out unscathed

:quagmire:

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

Coolguye posted:

by the way, help me out

D-D-D-Do you have them? (Delegates!)

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

seeing a tornado in person is pretty cool
i mean, when it's not near enough to wreck your poo poo

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

when u think something might matter but u know it's actually a big nothingburger and nothing matters

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Is this about sex or tornados

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

the airlines make you duck down so you die instantly if the plane crashes or so i heard

That DICK! posted:

get this - you ask for salt - you get all the drat salt you want!!

never heard of this one

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Joementum posted:

One of my favorite moments from the primary was his first appearance in NH where he spent fifteen minutes talking about faucets.

for me nothing will top that day when he went on a tangent about cereal in like 3 different speeches

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

blue squares posted:

Who would Trump perform worst against in debates, a young attractive man or a young attractive woman?

I want to say you attractive woman but Buttigieg being a young attractive gay man might be the right combo.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

blue squares posted:

Kirsten Gillibrand or Gavin Newsom if we're going entirely on safe white telegenic strength

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Is this about sex or tornados

What's the difference?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

blue squares posted:

given trudeau, man definitely

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

punchymcpunch posted:

the airlines make you duck down so you die instantly if the plane crashes or so i heard

you're probably going to die instantly eitherway
the brace position is just supposed to save your back a little injury in the case that you actually live

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

turn off the TV posted:

Is there a line somewhere on the earth where people in a Mosque would be facing different directions?

im not specifically a scholar of islam nor am i muslim but in most cases where yyoud be praying in a mosque the direction is determined for the whole building and indicated to the congregation

plus there are some prayer practices that are performed as a congregation and in those cases even if no others being part of the congregational unity has gotta be more important than gps precision, id want to hit up my bookshelf before i went on the record here but as i remember and tbh feel p confident, most opinion on this is that its not like your sending yr energy to goku by facing the right way its about having a proper reverent consciousness and participating in something w the ummah

like if your sick or disabled or w/e your supposed to get mad leniency wrt direction and physical positioning, its not something to panic about just something not to half-rear end

theres some rad af opinion on what to do if your in space tho, esp since you might accidentally face the sun at some point and thats a big technical no-no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

i was at a bar drinking with this one OSHA guy a few years back and this came up, too. he basically said that the only drills where there's good data backing up the idea that they save a lot of lives is fire drills, because fires you can run away from. all other drills are just about controlling panic primarily, and turning serious injuries into light ones and light ones into uninjured secondarily. the people who are dead in tornado, earthquake, etc simulations are dead as gently caress regardless of what they do.

• Locked thread