Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Lmao at all minority voters that vote for Republicans if they're not super rich or super assholes convinced they are honorary white.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Al! posted:

one day before i die i shall hold a glowing piece of the radical rock

i unironically want to open a gym that has an aggro crag

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I kinda remember him being kinda not terrible at one debate?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Coolguye posted:

i was at a bar drinking with this one OSHA guy a few years back and this came up, too. he basically said that the only drills where there's good data backing up the idea that they save a lot of lives is fire drills, because fires you can run away from. all other drills are just about controlling panic primarily, and turning serious injuries into light ones and light ones into uninjured secondarily. the people who are dead in tornado, earthquake, etc simulations are dead as gently caress regardless of what they do.

you can totally run away from tornadoes

perhaps not successfully, but

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

since when does debate performance matter

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 367 days!

blue squares posted:

Who would Trump perform worst against in debates, a young attractive man or a young attractive woman?

Well I think the answer is p obvious, the problem is 'performing worse' against a woman somehow actively galvanizes his base of chuds

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Martin O'Malley would have won.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

wow that guy looked like a real dumbass
*votes for him anyway*

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

crazy cloud posted:

as a mecca feminist, I am pro-choice in that I support a variety of options for people to choose which direction

its usually great circle but some prefer straight line poo poo, theres legit options to pro-choose

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

fits my needs posted:

Lmao at all minority voters that vote for Republicans if they're not super rich or super assholes convinced they are honorary white.

that's a really niche catagory and yet a pretty significant one :psyduck:

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
sadly no actual land on the exact opposite of mecca but this is close https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tematagi

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.wsj.com/articles/united-ceo-blames-system-failure-on-passenger-removal-incident-1492003424
United Says It Won’t Use Police to Remove Paid Passengers
Oscar Munoz pledges thorough review of airline overbooking policies

quote:

United Airlines Chief Executive Oscar Munoz said the carrier will never again use police to remove paid passengers from overfull flights, abandoning a policy that caused outrage this week after a man in Chicago was dragged screaming off a plane.

“We’re not going to put a law-enforcement official on to remove a booked, paid, seated passenger,” Mr. Munoz said in an interview Wednesday with ABC. “We can’t do that.”

Mr. Munoz said he was ashamed of United Continental Holdings Inc.’s UAL -0.08% handling of the incident and apologized to Dr. David Dao, the passenger forcibly removed on Sunday from United Express Flight 3411 scheduled to travel from Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport to Louisville, Ky. “This can never happen again on a United Airlines flight. That’s my promise,” Mr. Munoz said, after more than two days of criticism for his reserved responses.

“My initial words fell short of truly expressing what we were feeling,” he said. “That’s something that I’ve learned from.”

http://thehill.com/policy/transportation/aviation/328495-united-threatened-first-class-passenger-with-handcuffs-to
Report: United threatened first-class passenger with handcuffs to leave overbooked flight

quote:

United Airlines, which has been embroiled in a bitter public relations battle after video emerged of a passenger being forcibly dragged off a plane, reportedly threatened a first-class passenger with handcuffs in a separate incident last week.

Geoff Fearns, who purchased a full-priced first-class ticket to travel from Hawaii to California, was asked to get off the plane by an airline employee because the flight had been overbooked, according to The Los Angeles Times.

“That’s when they told me they needed the seat for somebody more important who came at the last minute,” Fearns told the newspaper. “They said they have a priority list and this other person was higher on the list than me.”

Like the passenger removed in the viral video from last week, Fears had already been seated on the plane.
“I understand you might bump people because a flight is full,” he said.

“But they didn’t say anything at the gate. I was already in the seat. And now they were telling me I had no choice. They said they’d put me in cuffs if they had to.”

The airline moved Fearns to a middle seat in the economy section of the plane, where he said he sat between a couple in the throes of an argument.

Stay classy, United!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

The huge smile on this lady's face as she asks her favorite rear end in a top hat about war is very unsettling

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

"Huh? Sorry Marie I forgot you were there for a second."

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Turdfuzz posted:

wow that guy looked like a real dumbass
*votes for him anyway*

it's pretty easy, all they have to do is get some plant to make a video titled "Trump DESTROYS dishonest media in debate" and rurals will be like "ah yes of course" without watching it

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/AP/status/852204944832778241

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

paranoid randroid posted:

im glad of the current MIC trend of developing hardware that is weak to its own element

the future is homeopathic warfare

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Turdfuzz posted:

since when does debate performance matter

I mean you need to leave an impression at the very least. Like, "people know you were there" kind of impression

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/W7VOA/status/852214044085899265

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Squizzle posted:

pat robertson was right

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

probably the most relatable trump has ever been

i can remember tying my shoes to go outside yesterday but not what i went outside to do

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

quote:

The Podesta Group's cited details of lobbying it performed from 2012 through 2014 on behalf of the European Centre for a Modern Ukraine. The firm reported being paid more than $1.2 million for the effort.

heh

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Squizzle posted:

drop the bombs with 1/1 millionth ruby dust inside

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

also, i shouldn't be president and neither should trump

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Ruh roh

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:f5:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
hi thread I just publicly lost it at a lovely coworker when he sassed me one too many times

I'm gonna get fired lol

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

Kirsten Gillibrand or Gavin Newsom if we're going entirely on safe white telegenic strength

Newsom vs Trump would be the Battle Royale of Bullshit Artistry

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Joementum posted:

Polish soldiers referred to them simply as “The Burning Grave”

cutting straight through all the bullshit. Poland ain't got time for your poo poo.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 367 days!

Augus posted:

I mean you need to leave an impression at the very least. Like, "people know you were there" kind of impression

*halfheartedly humping chair, making 'o' face while getting owned by a woman; wins*

i mean my only mental takeaways from the debates was when tormp did something stupid, so you're not wrong

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
All I can hope is that when I'm old and senile is that I remember the part where I won the election by pooping out catchphrases and telling my audience to beat up browns

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chokes McGee posted:

hi thread I just publicly lost it at a lovely coworker when he sassed me one too many times

I'm gonna get fired lol

may as well tell off everyone else then

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

uh ya, its our impending death due to nuclear annihilation

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Captain_Maclaine posted:

What's the difference?

Average duration :(

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

I'm gonna get fired lol

do some digging, maybe he's no angel

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

quote:

Lobbying firm that worked under ex-Trump campaign advisers

Interesting description of The Podesta Group.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Haha, "Hello hostages ... uh, reporters, we've got some big news to share with you."

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/W7VOA/status/852214174923051012
~mystery~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

I'm gonna get fired lol
lol when u get called into ur boss's office and they go "well youre right, gently caress that guy he sucks. i gotta save face though so leave looking pissed ok"

• Locked thread