Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

have any specific examples? Ive played a decent amount recently and have never been killed in suspicious ways, if they're cheating theyre doing a drat good job of hiding it

'playerunknowns signature trench coat'

he 100% seems like the guy who wears a fedora and trenchcoat to work

I saw a YouTube video of a wall hack. In the video the guy died outside the circle to circle damage... :psyduck:

I guess cheats only go so far?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
it would be dope if there was any visual indicator at all of what general direction you were being shot from.

getting two shot to death out of nowhere in a top 10 suuuucks and it's happened to me like 6 times now

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Thom and the Heads posted:

it would be dope if there was any visual indicator at all of what general direction you were being shot from.

getting two shot to death out of nowhere in a top 10 suuuucks and it's happened to me like 6 times now

In the recent dev blog, they mention that they are aware of this problem. But they only mention it in passing so don't hold your breath.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Akion posted:

How long after I die does my voice still transmit? Like if I want to talk poo poo to the guy that shot me as I am being looted, for example.

I think for at least a few seconds? I remember getting killed in the final few people the other day and being..quite cross you'd say? And the other guy responded with "geez man calm down is gg" so I know he at least heard me :goleft:

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Xachariah posted:

I... Don't know that game. :(

More often than not I embarrass myself by shooting an outline of someone's head into a wall before dying pathetically.

Get in discord and try to get with people who have played Arma/DayZ type games. This game -and other games like it- is much, much less about the traditional being good (shooting, aiming, etc.) and much more about being aware of your surroundings, being able to call out where people are (ex: bad guys at 330, 200m out or so; they're headed towards us), knowing when to stop talking so your teammate can hear the people flanking around and knowing where that loving boundary circle is/where it's going/ how much time you have til it moves.

Give me someone who is a poo poo shot, but works well with their team over a pro-tier shooter who can't call poo poo out any day of the week.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
Yeah, I'm like a 0.75 K/D but my squad loves me because I have eyes on the back of my head. I'm usually the strat caller, we have a dedicated marksman and the other two have mutant aim and just John Rambo poo poo. Most of the time, unless we get a top 3, I'm the last alive and get our finishing position above where it probably deserved to be.

This game is like 50% positioning, 25% looting, 20% RNG and 5% shooting skill.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I think for at least a few seconds? I remember getting killed in the final few people the other day and being..quite cross you'd say? And the other guy responded with "geez man calm down is gg" so I know he at least heard me :goleft:

I like being super nice in games like this. Puts people off for some reason.

Usually on the plane in I'm like "I want you all to know that no matter what happens I love you and think you are good people".

Then when someone kills me it's usually "Man. That was a good shot!" or similar.

My favorite during gunfights is "Hey! Come on man! Can't we just hug this out?"

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
iirc the cheat engine PUBG uses is good and they will be doing bans in waves. spending $30 + whatever the cheat engine costs won't hold up for long.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

succ posted:

iirc the cheat engine PUBG uses is good and they will be doing bans in waves. spending $30 + whatever the cheat engine costs won't hold up for long.

Said by every game that is rampant with hackers ever. I'm not saying this definitely won't be the case but I will believe it when I see this game with less cheats.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Knifegrab posted:

Said by every game that is rampant with hackers ever. I'm not saying this definitely won't be the case but I will believe it when I see this game with less cheats.

Every game has/will have cheaters. So long as they don't get as common/blatant as they were in DayZ, I'll be alright. The developers have shown nothing but competence thus far, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Knifegrab posted:

They use battleeye I think. It catches a lot of garbage, like enough to dissuade people from using public and free cheats.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
I'm really digging how all my deaths have been the result of getting stuck on waist high objects any other video game character could easily jump over.

Even concrete barricades with holes in them clearly large enough to go through are actually just deathtraps. It's the best.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
I'm the guy who knows the drawbacks of the jumping system in game and still keeps dying to it somehow

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Akion posted:

I like being super nice in games like this. Puts people off for some reason.

Usually on the plane in I'm like "I want you all to know that no matter what happens I love you and think you are good people".

Then when someone kills me it's usually "Man. That was a good shot!" or similar.

My favorite during gunfights is "Hey! Come on man! Can't we just hug this out?"

Oh yeah I'm not the kind of guy to rage out and smash controllers because I lose. But because this is such a competitive and adrenaline fuelled game I'll call a guy a loving oval office if I die behind while I'm in cover due to lag comp.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Hell, same

edit: to dying on barriers, not being a rager

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Apr 12, 2017

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Sultan Tarquin posted:

The other day, someone came around a corner and blew me away. Then he said "NOPE". I laughed my rear end off.

But usually this game makes me swear more than any other game.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Here's a dumb idea for a different game mode. The closer you are to the center of the white circle, the more "points' you get per tick (can be 10 seconds or whatever). Thoughts?

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I've started yelling variations of "you just got owned" as irritatingly as I can in solo whenever I kill someone, I've gotten some pretty funny reactions ranging from people just busting up laughing to genuine fury.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I got one earlier where I hid in a bathroom with an S12K and just murdered anyone that came in before closing the door again.

Every time I shot someone I yelled "CAN'T A MAN poo poo IN PEACE!?"

One guy started screaming something in Chinese(?), one guy laughed, one guy didn't say anything. :(

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Oh yeah I'm not the kind of guy to rage out and smash controllers because I lose. But because this is such a competitive and adrenaline fuelled game I'll call a guy a loving oval office if I die behind while I'm in cover due to lag comp.

I normally rage a bit when I die in games, but for some reason I don't in this one. I don't know why, but most of my deaths I just laughed or was like "Yeah, I deserved that..."

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Akion posted:

one guy didn't say anything
A lot of people have voice set team-only or mute so that guy probably didn't hear you say anything.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Jesus, I dunno if it was the patch or something, but the performance issues have jumped into overdrive for me. Five games in a row, each time the buildings around my landing zone did their N64 impression and were uninteractable. Didn't matter whether I jumped into a busy zone or just a tiny group of houses in bumfuck nowhere. And while the moment-to-moment framerate is stable, every so often there'll be half- to full-second freezes. And these are particularly likely to happen anytime I take damage, which generally translates into an instant death sentence.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

cheating can really gently caress over this game so i did some research instead of being productive at work. somebody in this thread mentioned how easy it is to to edit textures to make them transparent and repackage the texture libraries in the unreal engine using photoshop. since im im a graphics person I looked into it and and i have no idea what that guys talking about. i read a few things pulled up from google, and doing this pretty much requires you know how to gently caress around with code, unreal engine, and some other devious/specialized poo poo. there were a few forum posts about programmers talking publically about reverse engineering the code and using cheats they made from previous unreal games inside Battlegrounds (with proof), but were not sharing. I'm glad that poo poo is not public (at least not as far as I searched) and sounds rather complicated unless you know your way around code. I could not find any websites actually selling any cheats.

there was only one website that said it's in the works and will be released soon, and at least 30 pages of entitled shitbags demanding a cheat be released

i'm glad I at least got to play this game before it's ruined by cheaters

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

i'm glad I at least got to play this game before it's ruined by cheaters

As others have said, it uses BattlEye. When you play Siege these days, one of the more entertaining additions is a global announcement in the killfeed whenever someone is banned by it.

You see dudes get banned while you are playing in Siege all the drat time. BattlEye gets poo poo done.

This is from shortly after they implemented BattlEye.
(shamelessly stolen from the Siege thread)

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Sdoots posted:

I'm really digging how all my deaths have been the result of getting stuck on waist high objects any other video game character could easily jump over.

Even concrete barricades with holes in them clearly large enough to go through are actually just deathtraps. It's the best.

Apparently they plan to add vaulting/climbing in future.

You can see them doing the mocap for the climbing at the end of this twitter update about takedowns:

https://twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/840912787496947713

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Xachariah posted:

Apparently they plan to add vaulting/climbing in future.

You can see them doing the mocap for the climbing at the end of this twitter update about takedowns:

https://twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/840912787496947713

The takedowns look cool and everything, but I can't think of a more superfluous addition to this style of game. So far I've managed to get within touching distance of an enemy exactly one time, and that was mostly just because I wanted to see just how oblivious the guy could be (the answer was very).

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Perestroika posted:

The takedowns look cool and everything, but I can't think of a more superfluous addition to this style of game. So far I've managed to get within touching distance of an enemy exactly one time, and that was mostly just because I wanted to see just how oblivious the guy could be (the answer was very).

mostly useful in early game I'd imagine if someone lands near you and finds a gun and you find boots, you get to play MGS

there really isnt a way of fighting gunhavers in the first 30 seconds other than pray they suck rear end

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Nazzadan posted:

I've started yelling variations of "you just got owned" as irritatingly as I can in solo whenever I kill someone, I've gotten some pretty funny reactions ranging from people just busting up laughing to genuine fury.

SURPRISE, MOTHERFUCKER is my go-to

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Perestroika posted:

I can't count the number of times someone has entered a building I've been camping, having a humiliation kill would be nice when I don't have a frying pan on me at the moment.

Orv
May 4, 2011
If takedowns are a button press on someone you're in melee range behind, I look forward to the people who loot things without paying attention in the early game.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

punches can work if the other person is bad and you jump around like crazy. i punched out a dude with a SCAR last night and while he shot me a couple of times, I was able to take him down. it was mostly the bad netcode though.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

tehinternet posted:

You know that one game you have where you just poo poo on everybody? Well, if you play enough games and only share those games, you too can be perceived as a pro-tier streamer.

The games where you die thirty seconds in obviously don't count. Quit your job and stream games. Be a pro.

I have the reflexes of a 36 year old. The days of glquakeworld.exe are long gone. My real job is a lot more interesting than any game that I'm bad at.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

jonathan posted:

I have the reflexes of a 36 year old. The days of glquakeworld.exe are long gone. My real job is a lot more interesting than any game that I'm bad at.

youd have more fun if you got good

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Sdoots posted:

As others have said, it uses BattlEye.

Sounds right. A lot were complaining how hard, if not impossible, it was to get around Battleye. Does PUBG have global announcements?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

They really need to fix this lag/server dropping issue that has been exacerbated by the newest patch. At least they've acknowledged it, though.

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

Sounds right. A lot were complaining how hard, if not impossible, it was to get around Battleye. Does PUBG have global announcements?

No, there's been no transparency on bans that I know of... at least yet.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Just eked out my first top 10 (#8) with only 2 kills. I just hid in a bush during the last few reductions and people kept getting near me and crouching, but not noticing me until I was spraying an M249 into them. Got taken out in a peak fight with a dude in one of those little warming huts. :(

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

VulgarandStupid posted:

They really need to fix this lag/server dropping issue that has been exacerbated by the newest patch. At least they've acknowledged it, though.

No, there's been no transparency on bans that I know of... at least yet.

theyve mentioned on reddit how theyre manually banning people who team up

not sure how theyll ever fix teaming in solo

e: my win #s for the brackets really highlight my role as "driver and planner guy"
solo: 0 wins
duo: 2 wins
squad: 4 wins

pro tip for people with a group of 3, never turn off matchmaking, sometimes your pub can pull out a surprise win despite being nowhere near you lol

mbt fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Apr 12, 2017

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
yeah I'm at 1 solo win, 3 duo's and 6 squad wins, I play much better on a team

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

I've never played a BR style game apart from like the first week of DayZ standalone. I've had 2 top #10 games and like 8 where I get a couple kills then either die to gas or shot from someone I never see

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
My friends play this so I'm usually playing Duo/Squad but man Solo mode is one of the best horror games on the market at the moment. Every move you make is just filled with tension and danger.

E: Also I think that the reason why dying doesn't feel so bad in this game is that your likelihood of surviving is pretty drat low no matter what, so unless you're taking absolutely everything into account 100% of the time you're probably eventually going to slip up or get complacent.

Songbearer fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Apr 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Last night I landed up on some radio tower station. Got a bunch of sweet guns. Was about to head down the cliff when I saw some guy a couple hundred meters below me how stopped right as I did. I carefully took aim, fired off probably 6 shots and didn't hit him once. gently caress I suck at this game. Then I go to reposition and realized it was my own shadow.

I was too far away from the ground so terrain shadows were invisible but the character shadow was still working. I can't play above medium settings or the game crashes, even though I get over 140 fps on medium.

• Locked thread