Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I prefer this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp0eFFRslk4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I don't think you should treat your random woman friend like willie dee, and that might be insulting to do so.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
How can you not see the difference between some lady doing cardio and a dude with literal roid rage

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

How can you not see the difference between some lady doing cardio and a dude with literal roid rage

Could you tone your SJW down a bit?

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

You misunderstand me, my question is ''does Cardio Boxing and similar activites run the risk of making people believe they might actually be doing more than just work on their cardio?''

BJJ has that effect on people, Aikido has that effect on people and MMA has that effect on people. The question is legitimate. Now answer the question respectfully before I come over and break your arm bitch, I don't like how you're looking at me.

Odddzy fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Apr 4, 2017

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

JaySB posted:

I too desire Steroid Justice. *attempts huracana to arm bar on bike thief*

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
I feel like a hurricana is an attainable goal as a modified flying triangle and probably worth pursuing

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
Idk wtf you people are on about but please link me this back buddy thing, sounds cool.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
I use a theracane, it's smaller and easier to move around.

https://www.amazon.com/Thera-Cane-JMAS5000-Massager/dp/B000PRMCJU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Xguard86 posted:

Idk wtf you people are on about but please link me this back buddy thing, sounds cool.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0006VJ6TO/ref=mp_s_a_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1491340576&sr=8-2&keywords=back+buddy

I hear it's good for prostate stimulation too so if you're down for new experiences after working through sore muscles there ya go

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

JaySB posted:

No

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The theracane is on AliExpress for $12.

e. I had exchange rate wrong last I looked. More like $20. Still.

CommonShore fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Apr 4, 2017

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

I think we discussed him ages ago when he got smashed by Wilder, he's a completely sick individual who is mentally ill and who ever is filming him and enabling/encouraging him deserves as big a slap as he got then.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

CommonShore posted:

The theracane is on AliExpress for $12.

e. I had exchange rate wrong last I looked. More like $20. Still.

It's also very likely a fake if that matters.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

kimbo305 posted:

*attempts huracana to arm bar on bike thief*

Good job trying to protect your neighbours, friends and family from local trouble makers. I respect and appreciate you. Try not to get hurt.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Xguard86 posted:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M5FH9PM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Bangkero
Dec 28, 2005

I baptize thee
not in the name of the father
but in the name of the devil.
Those look like the shittiest coat hangers ever.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I was looking for a place to train on my upcoming vacation and I stumbled upon this gem
http://www.calmartialarts.com/sifub.shtml

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

JaySB posted:

i'm a social justice mage, you fucker

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

i'm a social justice mage, you fucker

Shoulda been a Paladin. Scrub.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

JaySB posted:

I was looking for a place to train on my upcoming vacation and I stumbled upon this gem
http://www.calmartialarts.com/sifub.shtml

Ask sifu is he knows Tiger Style

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
nice thanks for the link. I'm on the fence if I should buy one but I'm saving the link. Maybe someone can buy it for me as a B-day gift or something.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I bought one, will review it on Amazon as oversized anal beads.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I bought one of the "fake" knockoffs from AliExpress. We shall see if my Chinese-sold stick is worse than the identically-shaped American-sold-but-made-in-China stick.

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

Kilometers Davis posted:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0006VJ6TO/ref=mp_s_a_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1491340576&sr=8-2&keywords=back+buddy

I hear it's good for prostate stimulation too so if you're down for new experiences after working through sore muscles there ya go

Oh poo poo that's totally why you can't return them then.

I ordered the big one off amazon and they sent me the small one. I emailed them and they said "well we can't take it back so we'll credit you the purchase price, keep it. Here's the right one if you want to order again", with a link on their site to the fullsize one (which I'd ordered initially). So I ordered the fullsize one, thinking I'll keep the big one at the office and the small one at home.

Gets delivered next week. Small one again. Same thing. I email them and tell them they sent me the wrong one again and they're like "oh gently caress that keeps happening, we're pulling it off the site until we figure it out. Keep that one too, we'll credit you again"

Now I have two of the loving things that I didn't pay for and neither of them are the one I wanted. Still works like a charm though.

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

olylifter posted:

Still works like a charm though.

For prostate stimulation?

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

spiralbrain posted:

For prostate stimulation?

Best way to relax if you're man enough

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

Do any of you guys have a Flo Grappling subscription? Im thinking of subscribing for the NA ADCC coverage this weekend alone. Just wondering if the rest of it is worth the money each month.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

spiralbrain posted:

Do any of you guys have a Flo Grappling subscription? Im thinking of subscribing for the NA ADCC coverage this weekend alone. Just wondering if the rest of it is worth the money each month.

All the Fight To Win Promotions are worth watching there's a TON of videos on there....It's not bad.

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

JaySB posted:

All the Fight To Win Promotions are worth watching there's a TON of videos on there....It's not bad.

Sounds like its worth it then. Thanks!

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Bad technique in throwing/subduing someone:
https://gma.yahoo.com/video-appears-show-colorado-police-officer-slamming-woman-134037392--abc-news-topstories.html

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Do ya'll train with any cops? I know that a few I've trained with some in the past, as well as vets in the past, but the politics around both those issues has....changed in the last few years.

Any good stories?

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

hi liter posted:

Do ya'll train with any cops?

Yeah lots, and it definitely seems like even more of a thing lately. Rolled with a swat team guy last week who's maybe the strongest man I've ever met, I'm seriously terrified of what he's going to be like with a few years under his belt.

Best story is three guys outside one of the schools smoking weed and one of our cops rolls up on them. Only two of the guys knew the cop. Those two and the cop played it up like bust. The third guy was in a car he'd "borrowed" without permission from his employer and freaking the gently caress out. Apparently he didn't think it was funny and left the gym a while later :haw:

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

hi liter posted:

Do ya'll train with any cops?

No, the guys I train with aren't fans of them. There are police officers who train at the local Gracie gym but they don't compete, it would be very interesting if they did because none of the local Gracie lot ever win anything. Weirdly the Gracie gym the next town over is very popular and very competitive, with some guys from my gym going there often, don't know if there are any cops there.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

hi liter posted:

Do ya'll train with any cops? I know that a few I've trained with some in the past, as well as vets in the past, but the politics around both those issues has....changed in the last few years.

Any good stories?

One of the assistant coaches at my sambo club is a court officer who also does some kind of security thing at the UN. He's a judo black belt and medaled at the World Police & Fire Games a few years ago. He's a short, fat bald guy and rolling with him is like trying to wrestle a boulder.

Mechafunkzilla fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Apr 12, 2017

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

hi liter posted:

Any good stories?

A gym I was at had I believe a us marshal that was a Kali instructor. He was a chill dude and gave "self defense" seminars in which he sat everyone down and explained responsibilities WRT if someone fucks with you what you're allowed and not allowed to do to them and how the police where going to more than likely react to you and what best practices for interacting with police after a fight was (be respectful, don't say poo poo, grab a lawyer). Pretty chill dude

On the other hand had a patrol officer at my gym in Bjj class who was and is the spazziest 8 month white belt I've had the misfortune of knowing. You get top in rolling and suddenly he hulk's out.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I train with a bunch of military guys. One of them is an officer on the nearby base and has arranged for a divisional "team" so they get whatever kind of military training credit for rolling and preparing for military grappling tournaments.

Bangkero
Dec 28, 2005

I baptize thee
not in the name of the father
but in the name of the devil.
I currently train with a cop and we're both blue belts but he's about 15 years my senior. I have no good stories other than to tell you guys that I hope I have abs as nice as him when I'm his age. :allears:

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

hi liter posted:

Any good stories?

I used to train with a few. No good in gym stories but one time I got in some trouble at a bar in a small college town (minor stuff no fighting/drugs etc) and the sheriff working security brought me outside. I was pretty drunk and during my questioning and pretty unfocused. At some point, in my haze, I connected his uniform with the guys I know and asked if he knew officer X and officer Y. He said he did and I was like "oh they're great guys, great training" and wouldn't shut up. Finally, he got kind of exasperated and asked the next time I was going to the gym and I was like "oh yeah tomorrow I never miss Saturdays." He cut me loose and I went back home.

I made it to class, pretty hungover. He made sure officer X and officer Y were there and they had a message for me. I probably would have taken the ticket over the rolls we had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

Mechafunkzilla posted:

I use a theracane, it's smaller and easier to move around.

https://www.amazon.com/Thera-Cane-JMAS5000-Massager/dp/B000PRMCJU

Really disappointed with mine. It's too flexible and I can't build up enough pressure when trying to do my shoulders.