Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

thanks man i thought that was pretty good. i was pretty happy with the joke though the structure could have been better maybe. thanks for having my back. the next time you want to get a joke/post over real big I got your back. Just put a, hrmm, @ in there and that will be the signal to me to let me know that i should back up the post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 360 days!

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

have u heard of the mandela effect

yeah and its hilarious b/c it's like "who's dumb enough to not even remember correctly" and that makes me laugh

but seriously though, someone post the abu vid when u find it :wink:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
it turns out that the alt-right were the true cuckservatives all along

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

i have no idea what the mandela effect is but I do know it was birthed in and is primarily housed in reddit so I just instinctively know it's dumb bullshit for crazies

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT FROM SEAN SPICER

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Epic High Five posted:

and it's never actually confirmed that he learned to be less of a dick

for all we know he kept her shut up in the there with no escape and forbade anybody to come close to his castle forever, just like before except now he was less hairy

the 2017 version fixes this

he's no longer a dick at the end (he's still aristocracy thou) and they make gaston into an attempted murderer

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Nonsense posted:

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT FROM SEAN SPICER

when you lose alex jones and bill mitchell stays the course

nopants
May 29, 2004

Robert Plant posted:

Back when I could smoke weed I didn't really drink and I also smoked cigarettes and I was crazy skinny, like too skinny

Now I don't smoke anything, which is good, but the supplemental beer/booze has made me more chubby than I like

I'm now actively taking a break from alcohol, sorry trump thread

yah your mistake was that you stopped smoking. never drink unless you are also smoking

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

FabioClone posted:

the mandela effect doesn't actually exist. there's just a bunch of people who think it does.

thats the mandela effect in action

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Squizzle posted:

if you think about it hes the title character 🤔

He's the entire title.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

yeeess

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

a helpful bear posted:

its me in the food court.

i look at giant lines wrapping around chick-fil-a then i look at arby's, lonely... with hopeful eyes

then i order a melt and shove that greasy pile of cheese sauce and roasted beef in my gob

*in REM voice*
that's me in the food court
that's me at the strip mall
gaining chicken nuggies

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

zegermans posted:

I've noticed that lifters are either the most progressive inclusive awesome people in the world or the worse loving dudebros in the universe. There's no in between.

dudebros are swoletariat with false class consciousness :colbert:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

my paw can beat up ur paw

:dogge:

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Imagine being a foreign dignitary going to the US to meet with the president, expecting to stay at the world famous White House and or maybe Camp David, show your kids a piece of history, and you have to go to Trump's tacky Florida estate instead.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Epic High Five posted:

also I'm literally cooking up a dozen egg omelet right now so lol guess who I side with

halfway through eating that omelet, you don't dry heave from fullness?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 204 days!

Epic High Five posted:

I liked the interpretation of Beauty and the Beast where it was described as a allegory of a French Revolution where the aristocracy won. Gaston is the brave leader of the plebs who is willing to sacrifice it all and the Beast is the aloof mega wealthy figure who lives shut in up a castle and treats all as furniture

it's more a victorian love story

belle and her dad are mocked because he is an inventor (capitalist literally trying to sell a machine that puts woodcutters out of work), and the match between her and the beast redeems the aristocracy through romantic love so they can team up to oppress the working class

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrSpOYVZKTM

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Ruzihm posted:

dudebros are swoletariat with false class consciousness :colbert:

rear end consciousness

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
PIVOT DAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/swin24/status/852186887393509381

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
How many campaign promises has he flipped on this week alone, 6?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

halfway through eating that omelet, you don't dry heave from fullness?

lol no

in fact i eat it with 2 big peanut butter sandwiches

leg days do....terrible things to your appetite

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hodgepodge posted:

it's more a victorian love story

belle and her dad are mocked because he is an inventor (capitalist literally trying to sell a machine that puts woodcutters out of work), and the match between her and the beast redeems the aristocracy through romantic love so they can team up to oppress the working class

ya this is deffo my fav interpretation

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

i guess by now everyone has determined they can manipulate trump via flattery and humiliation

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
I miss being 11 and eating a box 20 piece McNuggets with little shame, those were the days.

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/SteveKopack/status/852261752704303104

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

one of the characters in this story is Captain Hook

https://twitter.com/PINACnews/status/852259278970916864

tacodaemon fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Apr 12, 2017

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

thats the mandela effect in action

Nkosi Sikelel' iAfrika

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

more from that wsj piece

quote:

Mr. Trump said recent reports of infighting among his senior staff—particularly chief strategist Steve Bannon and son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner—were “overblown.” But he referred to Mr. Bannon as “a guy who works for me” and noted that he, Mr. Trump, was his own “strategist.”

He also said Sean Spicer, his press secretary, “made a mistake” in saying Syrian President Bashar al-Assad committed atrocities worse than Nazi leader Adolf Hitler. Mr. Spicer has issued several apologies since.

2nd hit in a row from trump on bannon (after the nypost yesterday)

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

wasn't that flight not actually oversold?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

tacodaemon posted:

i had a professor in college who argued pretty persuasively that "hamlet" is internally contradictory about hamlet's implied general age range

yeah he's stated to be thirty but every other indicator of his age including the basic premise of the plot (folks going along with his uncle taking over in place of him, the actual heir) makes it pretty clear he's supposed to be a teenager

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Gringostar posted:

gaston heart was going to explode by his mid 30's anyway with how much red meat and cholesterol he consumed on a daily basis

the beast gave him a mercy killing

it's like being a mighty bull in the field, fuckin all the mighty heifer ladies

you can either die broken and invalid from old age or you can take a good old fashioned anal electrocution in your prime, surrounded by a brood of your children

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

mannerup posted:

more from that wsj piece

2nd hit in a row from trump on bannon (after the nypost yesterday)

added trump, "if anyone around here is death, its me, right?"

gregday
May 23, 2003

also the united thing is some awful poo poo but honestly it's not the president's place to comment on stuff like that. but trump can't resist any distraction and must have an opinion on everything

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

quote:

Thomas Smith’s family is outraged, saying their relative is unable to physically speak, so he had to resort to pushing buttons on the telephone to communicate with the dispatcher.

And somehow, the dispatcher understood he was being held hostage by a man with guns and explosives, which is why Oneida County sheriff’s officials say they were only trying to keep the neighborhood safe.

Plus, they added, he was not following directions, so he had to be “de-centralized,” which apparently is the police version of “re-accommodated,” the term used by United Airlines to describe how they have passengers yanked from their seats and dragged down the aisle to make room for airline employees.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 204 days!

Epic High Five posted:

ya this is deffo my fav interpretation

basically it's a romantic version of the "great betrayal" of the workers in the 1832 Reform Act

e: wires crossed but i think the corn laws had a similar dynamic as well or something

Hodgepodge fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Apr 12, 2017

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

GobiasIndustries posted:

How many campaign promises has he flipped on this week alone, 6?

TRUMP: just say I did it
LENS: but you didn't do-
TRUMP: Doesn't matter. Say it.
LENS: thanks to president Trump, NATO allies are starting to pay their fair share.
TRUMP: I fuckin' love NATO, now tell them how NATO fights terrorism (more) now, Lens! No longer obsolete, let's go to war, boys!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

there's two squirrels in the tree outside my window that have been taking turns humping each other for like 5 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

logikv9 posted:

Gaston was a leech who consumed everybody's food to feed his body image disorder

But he hunted all the game?

• Locked thread