Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

*gets taken out by a single arrow*

I loved the follow up sacrifice shot too. It's one of my favorite tropes. Heroically leaps in front of the arrow. Everyone pauses to grieve. Realistically, Merlyn should have just said "Oh nice." and pulled out another arrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, I just appreciated that the Legion spent like 5 minutes shooting lasers and then were all "gently caress this" and took down the legends with arrows and swords.

Sometimes Legends S2 was genuinely brilliant.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

From the episodes where they dicked around against Nazis, I want more crazy wartime adventures or just a straight up G.I. Combat series. They had some of the goofiest stories. The Haunted Tank! Unknown Soldier! Gravedigger (he overcame Polio, but can he overcome segregation?!) G.I. Robot and his human buddy Mac (they fought dinosaurs and even an evil Nazi dino robot) Sgt. Rock. I would watch the Hell out of that.

E: the creature commandos too. Mick punches a Nazi dinosaur with a vampire, werewolf, and Frankenstein's monster

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Apr 10, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, S1 kind of went with "link each episode to some DC character or story" with the episodes about people like Jonah Hex, Degaton, and Connor Hawke. That was kind of fun for comic nerds but flopped in execution. S2 seemed to just go with "gently caress it, lets have zombies in the Civil War, Ray being a knight of the round table, and the Legion trying to kill Washington." Which was a lot sillier and more fun. Meanwhile they still found a balance bringing in comic characters with the JSA, Legion, and Nate.

I want them to keep walking that balance and gives us some more DC characters but in general just wacky history stories. Dinosaurs in LA certainly seem to cover the latter, I'm holding out hope for the former.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Rip Hunter and Damien Darhk are going to be at Phoenix Comicon next month. Count me the hell in.

Hawkgirl will.....also be there. *shrugs shoulders*

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Supposedly Sgt Rock is on the list of potential films so I dunno if they'll let the CW use him.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Gonz posted:

Rip Hunter and Damien Darhk are going to be at Phoenix Comicon next month. Count me the hell in.

That page has a really depressing stinger to it. "Oh hey, here's all these genre actors with pictures of roles you might recognize them from... And Garret Wang with... literally three different pictures of Harry Kim to fill space :smith:"

Poor Garret Wang. Voyager just chewed him up and spat him out, just like it did Harry Kim.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

nine-gear crow posted:

.....just like it did Harry Kim.

Twice, even!

#RIPQuantumHarryKim

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
My only hope for next year is that no matter what time period they travel to, they find more Nazis and punch all of them :allears:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I liked the finale well enough but I had sort of hoped for a bit more closure with Mick. From his last scene with past-Snart he does seem to accept that he's a hero at this point, but I still don't think the team really trust him. Kind of sad to lose Rip, even though he has become somewhat superfluous to the team at this point. I do like Arthur Darvill, and I mostly liked Rip's character. I think he was able to have a lot more fun with it this season rather than in Season 1, where he was sort of driven by the plot. I thought that Nate and Amaya would leave and start a life in the 1940s or something (I was wondering if somehow future-Nate, who couldn't Steel up, would survive and go back with her). I'm kinda glad they're sticking around though, I do like the Ray-Nate bromance.

I'm really looking forward to Season 3 now though, which is a complete reverse from how I felt a year ago where I was glad the Season was over and wasn't really bothered if it was coming back or not.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

Gonz posted:

She'll be working as a BARISTA at Comicon.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
That being said Merlyn/Darhk is far better than Heywood/Palmer

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

LadyPictureShow posted:

E: the creature commandos too. Mick punches a Nazi dinosaur with a vampire, werewolf, and Frankenstein's monster

Wasn't the main guy from Creature Commandos used as the bad guy from the flashbacks to Hong Kong in Arrow s3?

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
What if the dinosaurs, are Nazi dinosaurs? :psyboom:

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Licarn posted:

What if the dinosaurs, are Nazi dinosaurs? :psyboom:

DC had a Nazi dinosaur (from a Nazi dinosaur dimension) named Tyrannosaurus Reich.

And not dinosaurs, but if you're cool with Nazi gorillas, there was Das Primate Patrol. One was turned into a vampire by I, Vampire in a really goofy bizarre comic a few years back.

...'War that Time Forgot' storyline for season 3, come onnnnnnn!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

LadyPictureShow posted:

DC had a Nazi dinosaur (from a Nazi dinosaur dimension) named Tyrannosaurus Reich.

And not dinosaurs, but if you're cool with Nazi gorillas, there was Das Primate Patrol. One was turned into a vampire by I, Vampire in a really goofy bizarre comic a few years back.

...'War that Time Forgot' storyline for season 3, come onnnnnnn!

Can't just talk about that stuff without posting pictures.

Major Bummer, an underrated comic.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

LadyPictureShow posted:

Everything about this is fantastic, but especially the name Tyrannosaurus Reich.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

irlZaphod posted:

I liked the finale well enough but I had sort of hoped for a bit more closure with Mick. From his last scene with past-Snart he does seem to accept that he's a hero at this point, but I still don't think the team really trust him. Kind of sad to lose Rip, even though he has become somewhat superfluous to the team at this point.

I mean, the fact that they let him back on the ship and are back to business as usual seems like pretty good evidence that they had gotten over the thing where he betrayed them, joined their enemies, and rewrote reality. There's probably going to be lingering trust issues from Mick going evil, but that's what happens when you join the Legion of Doom.

I don't really love the "the Legends treat Mick badly" narrative because even though there's truth to it it kind of excuses the fact that Mick has repeatedly given them plenty of reason to doubt him.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Mick goes bad; he gets better; repeat.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, the fact that they let him back on the ship and are back to business as usual seems like pretty good evidence that they had gotten over the thing where he betrayed them, joined their enemies, and rewrote reality. There's probably going to be lingering trust issues from Mick going evil, but that's what happens when you join the Legion of Doom.

I don't really love the "the Legends treat Mick badly" narrative because even though there's truth to it it kind of excuses the fact that Mick has repeatedly given them plenty of reason to doubt him.

The future Legends showed up before the betrayal. This Mick never betrayed them.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Burning_Monk posted:

Mick goes bad; he gets better; repeat.

This.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

8one6 posted:

The future Legends showed up before the betrayal. This Mick never betrayed them.

Well, this time.

But true. This Mick never joined the Legion. Which I guess means these Legends have no lingering trust issues or anything to forgive. Good call.

I hate time travel.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Longbaugh01 posted:

Everything about this is fantastic, but especially the name Tyrannosaurus Reich.

Plus it sounds like the kind of dumbfuck name Nate or Ray would come up with for a literal Nazi dinosaur. One that Sara would respond to with a flat ":frogout:"

EDIT: and of course the inevitable thread title change: "DC's Legends of Tomorrow - " I LOVE Roasting Nazi Dinosaurs! ""

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Apr 10, 2017

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

nine-gear crow posted:

Plus it sounds like the kind of dumbfuck name

No I genuinely like it. I think it's genius.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

nine-gear crow posted:

That page has a really depressing stinger to it. "Oh hey, here's all these genre actors with pictures of roles you might recognize them from... And Garret Wang with... literally three different pictures of Harry Kim to fill space :smith:"

Poor Garret Wang. Voyager just chewed him up and spat him out, just like it did Harry Kim.

Harry is Captain of the USS Rhode Island in Star Trek: Online. And you get to find out what happened to the original Harry Kim since he's the quantum twin. Original Harry's body is used by the Kobali to reproduce. They reproduce by genetically altering corpses of other species / races and bringing them back to life as new Kobali. Yep.

Also, the last two episodes of Legends have been some of the best CW-TV I've seen in years. And, if time is that easy to break, how may times has it been broken and fixed before that they just don't know about? I really love that they totally acknowledged that Sarah did a much better job leading the team than Rip ever did. When Rip was leaving, Sarah didn't try to stop him with hearty entreaties of "but the team needs you," because, the team doesn't need him. I do like his futuristic gun slinger look and I will miss his accent, but yeah. Go make some cakes, I guess.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Rip bakes a cake so advanced it causes a time aberration and he becomes the big bad of S3.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Longbaugh01 posted:

Rip bakes a cake so advanced it causes a time aberration and he becomes the big bad of S3.

First hints of Supergirl crossover dropped:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Aleph Null posted:

Harry is Captain of the USS Rhode Island in Star Trek: Online. And you get to find out what happened to the original Harry Kim since he's the quantum twin. Original Harry's body is used by the Kobali to reproduce. They reproduce by genetically altering corpses of other species / races and bringing them back to life as new Kobali. Yep.

Huh, so Zombie Alienized Harry gets to go be with his Zombie Alienized girlfriend. That's... neat, in a kind of sad way.

harry_kim.txt

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

nine-gear crow posted:

Huh, so Zombie Alienized Harry gets to go be with his Zombie Alienized girlfriend. That's... neat, in a kind of sad way.

harry_kim.txt

Exactly my reaction. Creepy / sweet. Sweepy?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Sooo, about that Arthur Darvill's the young Dumbledore.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Poor Arthur, so close to the big time.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Rhyno posted:

Poor Arthur, so close to the big time.

I used to do a sci-fi pub quiz in the UK, and I remember when one of the questions was 'Who plays Rory in Doctor Who?'. He'd been on it a couple of months, it's the biggest prime-time SF series in the country and not one single person in a pub full of 50+ sci-fi fans could remember the guy's name.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Unkempt posted:

I used to do a sci-fi pub quiz in the UK, and I remember when one of the questions was 'Who plays Rory in Doctor Who?'. He'd been on it a couple of months, it's the biggest prime-time SF series in the country and not one single person in a pub full of 50+ sci-fi fans could remember the guy's name.

Makes perfect sense if it happened after Rory'd been erased from history.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I keep thinking his name is Rory and get confused when people refer to (Mick) Rory in Legends. :v:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Surely you mean Rory Regan from Arrow!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

irlZaphod posted:

I keep thinking his name is Rory and get confused when people refer to (Mick) Rory in Legends. :v:

And there was Rory Regan (Ragman) on Arrow this season, too.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Jude Law will always be Gigolo Joe to me.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Next season we'll inexplicably have Rory Gilmore on a CWDCTV show just to further confuse everyone.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Well, Johnny Depp's playing Grindelwald so I suppose it makes sense they'd want someone close to the same age to play Dumbledore.

I finally watched that movie the other day and while I liked it, Eddie Redmayne could not be more Eleventh Doctor in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Well, season 2 is already on Netflix, time to rewatch!

• Locked thread