Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Wonder who Indian's new drummer is

2nding the lovely weather at Khemmis / Oathbreaker but show was good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Dyna Soar posted:

New COC coming this year, too.

Pepper's part of this one, right? edit: yup.

I know I'm probably in the minority, but I do prefer Pepper-era albums.

Trabant fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Apr 7, 2017

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

New Demon Head this poo poo is gooooood.

https://demonhead.bandcamp.com/album/thunder-on-the-fields

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Trabant posted:

For sure, i love the old hardcore stuf too but deliverance and wise blood are two of my favourites.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

A human heart posted:

Windhand got their set cut off by a noise complaint in Auckland and there's like various people in the national music scene voicing opinions about it, and it was in the paper and so on.

I was there, I've never seen so many cops at a gig. It's pretty hosed up that a single complaint can justify such a heavy-handed response.

Cough were pretty good, and half of a Windhand set is better than none I guess :(

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Cough would be better without vocals.

Or at least vocals that don't sound like an upset 12 year old.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Laserface posted:

Cough would be better without vocals.

Or at least vocals that don't sound like an upset 12 year old.

:colbert:

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
i love angry 12-year old vox

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr-Ke95p6M0

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.
Wanted to share this band I like that no one I know has ever heard of except the dude who told me to check them out. The Netherlands. Their pretty simplistic musically but a am a sucker for nasty huge fuzzy guitar. Videos are pretty cool but all posted have less than 50 views. Anyway I like them. Name of the group is the Netherlands. Tell me how much they suck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a194pjvMgg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3h0JMRSCo8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PZUwCsNzTY

yoober
Nov 21, 2010

im down with this

OpaqueEcho
Feb 8, 2003

oh no no bro oh no

Krustic posted:

Tell me how much they suck.
I can't do that in good conscience.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

So the dude from Old Man Gloom writes fun Facebook updates like this one he just posted:

quote:

I get it Fuller Hell. You're the pretty young mistress, sticking it to the old craggy wife. You think you're such hot poo poo. I get it. I've been there. I used to be you. Right now you're riding high. Aaron, batting his crusty eyes at you, nate, prancing around the studio in his tight $400 jeans.

Feels pretty special, right? They make you feel like you're the only band in the world. Did they give you some Murmerfur or Broomriders merch? Maybe even a $45 hoodie?!

Well, i hate to spoil the ending, but those two are dogs. Disgusting dogs.

You know how many on-the-spectrum weirdos I've made dinner for who went on to do some noise project with Aaron? A loving lot. But I just bite my tongue while they throw meatballs at a broken calculator watch and call it art. Then he casts them aside for the next dude playing a mandolin with knitting needles.

You think some other glossy hardcore outfit isn't going to ask "the personable" guy from converge to be on their record? And you think that animal isn't going to do it? He's like the Johnny Appleseed of back up vocals. Just spreading that poo poo like mono, cashing checks, buyin' workwear.

Let me give you some advice. I've been Betty Draper for almost 20 years. Just enjoy it while you have them. They'll get bored, and move on. They always do.

And you know who'll be here, with dry-rear end-vegan-nutloaf on the table and an old fashioned in a rocks glass? This old crow.

And you keep your hands off my sweet stormy Caleb, you little tart.

Unless you guys where genuinely saying no hard feelings. If that's the case, sorry. I'm emotional in the morning. And I still don't know how to tag people. Someone call their high powered publicist and let them know I've reached out.

Maybe one of you who gets the references can explain it.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

So the dude from Old Man Gloom writes fun Facebook updates like this one he just posted:

Maybe one of you who gets the references can explain it.

Full of Hell likes collaborating with people and possibly reached out to OMG about it, leading to a goofy joke post making fun of everyone in OMG.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Old Man Gloom owns. I think I've seen Full of Hell live but I can't remember anything about them except for that The Body collab.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

big scary monsters posted:

Old Man Gloom owns. I think I've seen Full of Hell live but I can't remember anything about them except for that The Body collab.

They're really solid grind/powerviolence with a bunch of harsh noise influence. They collaborated with Merzbow too.

Also I hold the probably unpopular opinion that Old Man Gloom have always been less than the sum of their parts.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I don't know Old Man Gloom at all but it makes me laugh that their name abbreviates to OMG. I'm 12.

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp

This person speaks the truth. Buy it or die. Although, I bought this and "Ride the Wilderness" at the same time, and I thought "Ride the Wilderness" was better at first, but "Thunder on the Fields" is growing on me more slowly.

im_sorry fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Apr 12, 2017

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

That demon head song makes me wish Danzig would make music like this.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
I like OMG when I listen to it but I'm never really compelled to listen to it.

Krustic posted:

Wanted to share this band I like that no one I know has ever heard of except the dude who told me to check them out. The Netherlands. Their pretty simplistic musically but a am a sucker for nasty huge fuzzy guitar. Videos are pretty cool but all posted have less than 50 views. Anyway I like them. Name of the group is the Netherlands. Tell me how much they suck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a194pjvMgg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3h0JMRSCo8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PZUwCsNzTY

Thanks for sharing this is really good. Thanks!
Here's the bandcamp: https://thenetherlands1.bandcamp.com/

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Henchman of Santa posted:

Full of Hell likes collaborating with people and possibly reached out to OMG about it, leading to a goofy joke post making fun of everyone in OMG.

It's more that Santos, the OMG drummer, like to pretend he's incredibly jealous of fellow OMGer Aaron Turner, often bemoaning that Aaron would rather do things with Sumac than OMG, and now he's pretending to have a fight with Full of Hell because they have collaborated with Aaron. I think Nate Newton might have played with them too, hence the referenced to keeping their hands off Caleb.

Except it's more entertaining than I made it sound because Santos is funnier than me.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Santos is a funny dude and I like his Gloom Facebook posts.

Hey, if you're in one of these places this coming week and want to see some music, please go check out my buds on their mini-tour.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

forkboy84 posted:

It's more that Santos, the OMG drummer, like to pretend he's incredibly jealous of fellow OMGer Aaron Turner, often bemoaning that Aaron would rather do things with Sumac than OMG, and now he's pretending to have a fight with Full of Hell because they have collaborated with Aaron. I think Nate Newton might have played with them too, hence the referenced to keeping their hands off Caleb.

Except it's more entertaining than I made it sound because Santos is funnier than me.

He just recently asked his followers who he should fight with next.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

There's some dude from Finland's youtube videos that always come up recommended for me (demos of doomy amps and pedals) so I checked out his band. It's pretty good:

https://kaiserfuzz.bandcamp.com/

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

There's some dude from Finland's youtube videos that always come up recommended for me (demos of doomy amps and pedals) so I checked out his band. It's pretty good:

https://kaiserfuzz.bandcamp.com/

Yeah man that's Otu. Dude's got a gnarly misshapen hand and plays a regular guitar upside down because he's a lefty. He's been uploading stuff to YouTube since forever, dude owns.

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Trabant posted:

Pepper albums are the only ones worth listening to.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Snapes N Snapes posted:

Yeah man that's Otu. Dude's got a gnarly misshapen hand and plays a regular guitar upside down because he's a lefty. He's been uploading stuff to YouTube since forever, dude owns.

oooh THIS guy. I remember seeing him on YouTube.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Morbid Florist posted:

Pepper albums are the only ones worth listening to.

drat this hurts my heart. I first heard COC on the 1985 thrasher skate rock comp and they were some serious good poo poo back then.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Going to see Endless Boogie tonight. I saw them twice at Boogie 11 over the weekend but :catdrugs: means I don't really remember much of it beyond losing my mind in a spiral of grooves.

They gave me a copy of their new cd tho so that's cool :)

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

Snowy posted:

drat this hurts my heart. I first heard COC on the 1985 thrasher skate rock comp and they were some serious good poo poo back then.

Oh I remember a time before pepper, but once he joined I never looked back. They're two different bands. I wore out my Animosity tape to the point it sounded like it was AM radio

Also, the new Royal Thunder album is potentially their best. Maybe one song I skip on it.

Slurps Mad Rips
Jan 25, 2009

Bwaltow!

Morbid Florist posted:

Also, the new Royal Thunder album is potentially their best. Maybe one song I skip on it.

The album sounds a little clean to me but I still love the poo poo out of it. That said, if you get the chance to see them live on this tour, I highly recommend it. Especially since they're touring with Brant Bjork and Black Wizard. They played it with a lot more fuzz so you get a more stoner blues sound and it's a completely different experience live.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Morbid Florist posted:

Oh I remember a time before pepper, but once he joined I never looked back. They're two different bands. I wore out my Animosity tape to the point it sounded like it was AM radio

i do like, blind too and these shrouded temples is a really great song, but goddamn agell is such an underwhelming vocalist. best decision they ever did was to get rid of him, worst decision as a band was to hire him, hah.

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

I'd flip over backwards if they'd re-record Blind with pepper singing

Blind is awesome except for agell. I get where they were at the time and what else was going on in music but he was the wrong choice.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
I was working at the venue when Royal Thunder came through Portland with Baroness, which was a killer loving show. Mlny Parsonz was a legit sweetheart.

Royal Thunder is killer.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Entombed's cover of King Crimson's 21st Century Schizoid Man is fun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb_JnrHLH5A

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

:doom:

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
lotta good music found in this thread, thanks posters.

With that, I'm not the biggest fan of exclusively instrumental bands, however this one makes for great driving/riding music.

Band name: My Sleeping Karma

Album: Moksha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SjHVDpXYgw

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I like their music but the production is waaaay to sterile to ever enjoy properly.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Anyone else going to see Melvins on the summer tour? Got my presale tickets on Thursday, pretty pumped.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!

butros posted:

Anyone else going to see Melvins on the summer tour? Got my presale tickets on Thursday, pretty pumped.

Gonna try and see them in September in Tampa. Missed them the last time they came through. I'm excited to see Steve McDonald from Redd Kross with them on bass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

flirty dental hygienist posted:

Gonna try and see them in September in Tampa. Missed them the last time they came through. I'm excited to see Steve McDonald from Redd Kross with them on bass.

I'm seeing Redd Kross with Dale Crover on drums tonight :)

E: obviously it wasn't stoner/doom, but it was incredible, Dale/Steven should be amazing live for Melvins. I'm going go see them in Denver.

trem_two fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Apr 30, 2017