Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Plus it takes like a min to get into a new game.

Playing solo and going into a random house, everything still there so figured I was alone. Opened the bathroom door and got blasted. Almost poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I am the opposite of most of you here. Probably 80% of my games are squads or duos but I only have 1 win out of those. In solos I've played like 15~ games and have two wins.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

jonathan posted:

Last night I landed up on some radio tower station. Got a bunch of sweet guns. Was about to head down the cliff when I saw some guy a couple hundred meters below me how stopped right as I did. I carefully took aim, fired off probably 6 shots and didn't hit him once. gently caress I suck at this game. Then I go to reposition and realized it was my own shadow.

I was too far away from the ground so terrain shadows were invisible but the character shadow was still working. I can't play above medium settings or the game crashes, even though I get over 140 fps on medium.

Haha I know exactly the place and me and both my friends all fell for it. It's incredibly convincing.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Harminoff posted:

Plus it takes like a min to get into a new game.

Playing solo and going into a random house, everything still there so figured I was alone. Opened the bathroom door and got blasted. Almost poo poo

One of the pro strats in solo is to hide in an unlooted house and kill people that come in.

You got caught in a spider web lol

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

VikingSkull posted:

One of the pro strats in solo is to hide in an unlooted house and kill people that come in.

You got caught in a spider web lol

I drop a medkit outside the door so they rush up and mash F and get shot in the face.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
This was an intense start

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haY5gEMobn0

This was just after I chased the other guy who landed with me away after I grabbed a pistol and proceeded to miss 90% of the shots on him. I think he was the third guy in the video. Also not sure why shadowplay decided to record my mic

Ended up getting 6th with 8 kills

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
Great video from our own, venerable, BeagleRush.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tolKNg206sc

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

StarMinstrel posted:

Great video from our own, venerable, BeagleRush.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tolKNg206sc

Jesus Christ, such a drastically different playstyle than my squad uses

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Hot Karl Marx posted:

This was just after I chased the other guy who landed with me away after I grabbed a pistol and proceeded to miss 90% of the shots on him. I think he was the third guy in the video. Also not sure why shadowplay decided to record my mic

fun fact breaking glass consumes a bullet so next time when you do cool shots like that make sure to fire twice

WaterIsPoison
Nov 5, 2009

VikingSkull posted:

Jesus Christ, such a drastically different playstyle than my squad uses

Stems from years of ShackTac TBH

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Did the h1z1 mitanni guys switch to battlegrounds ?

Orv
May 4, 2011
They mostly did survival for the griefing aspects AFAIK, so I doubt it?

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Hot Karl Marx posted:

How the hell do you play with music in the background? I have to sit in dead silence. Because it is so tense listening out for footsteps, shots, distance vehicles, etc.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Patch notes:

quote:

Players,

Before we move onto what has changed in this week's two patches, I want to briefly talk about the reports of cheating within our game. Before we moved to early access, our core focus was on adding all the needed systems into the game. Now that this is mostly complete, we are focused on optimizing performance, and increasing security to ensure everyone plays fair. 

This is not a simple task, as tackling cheaters is a constant battle, but we are confident that over the coming weeks and months we can implement new measures to make it harder to cheat in the game. This week alone we closed two major holes that allowed current cheats access to the game, and as we move further through Early Access we will continue to track down and further secure the game from those that don't want to play fair.

As with all games, talk of cheating is discouraged and will be removed from our public facing community forums, not to try to hide it from players, but rather to ensure that those that cheat get no exposure to the public, which is something most of them desire! We hope you understand this point, and bear with us as we work to clean up the game.

Finally, in case you missed our announcement on Twitter, we have identified the cause of lag seen on the servers lately and are working on getting it resolved. This issue is not an easy fix, as it involves changes to the core engine code, and will take us some time to complete. We have no ETA on when this will be resolved just yet, so we ask for your patience while we fix the problem.

Now onto what we have updated. These patch notes cover both updates pushed during this week.

This patch will be deployed for both clients and servers Thursday, April 13, 5PM KST/1AM PDT/8AM UTC and is expected to take approx. 1 hour to complete.

Config Changes

Fixed configuration files (ini) so that it cannot be used to hide trees, grass, etc.

Prevented adjusting the FOV by changing the game settings file (ini).

FOV will be adjustable from the settings menu in-game in a future update.

Sound 

Fixed an issue with door sounds playing at low volume

Adjusted volume of wind, rain, and footsteps

Improved the sounds for the buggy 

When in rainy weather, you will now sporadically hear thunder sounds

Bug Fixes

Added more support for non-standard aspect ratios. The game will now display at the correct FOV on aspect ratios ranging from 4:3 to 21:9. Multi-monitor environments such as Eyefinity are not recommended at this time.

Fixed an issue with the compass direction not displaying correctly

See you in-game,

PLAYERUNKNOWN

Kind of a bummer, since an fov tweak in that ini improved my fps a lot....

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

How the hell do you play with music in the background? I have to sit in dead silence. Because it is so tense listening out for footsteps, shots, distance vehicles, etc.

Played CS for years with music on, you just get use to it

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

I've been trying to play more but I have this bug where I will be getting 60+ fps when looting and gearing up. Then as soon as one person is within say 20m of me and we get in a fight my fps drops to 15-20. Makes aiming super difficult.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

always be closing posted:

Kind of a bummer, since an fov tweak in that ini improved my fps a lot....

yeah that loving sucks

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Anyone else have the issue where the menu never loads? Like I can see a nicely rendered interior of something and the music plays, but nothing ever happens. Occaisionally I get "Loading" in the top left, and then immediately after a "connection failed" message. I tried:

- Verifying the game cache
- Manually starting the battleeye service
- Restarting my PC/Steam multiple times
- Running it as administrator
- Re-installing battleeye

Nothing.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Before I forget, is there a fix to that stupid unreal 4 bug where the mouse is offset by an inch in game? I can barely exit the game normally cause I can't click the x. And changing weapon addons is very annoying as well. This happens in most unreal 4 games I play and it's always annoying

Gunder
May 22, 2003

My character has a new haircut since the patch. He's gone from a shaved head to having a ginger skrillex-style cut.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
Another patch that breaks the game:

https://twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/852472356924563460

Get a blank start up screen. Apparently happening to lot of people (including me).

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

I've come to accept that I'm at that nearly-middle-aged point where I can't keep up with the younger folk's reflexes and aim. My multitasking skills as declining rapidly, too, so I plan poorly and lose track of things.

But I finally got a frying pan kill!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOlMAj6SW6U

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

AzureSkys posted:

I've come to accept that I'm at that nearly-middle-aged point where I can't keep up with the younger folk's reflexes and aim. My multitasking skills as declining rapidly, too, so I plan poorly and lose track of things.

Oh boo hoo

Just master the art of positioning, smart flanking and picking good routes to travel, and I guarantee you will routinely place in the top 10 even with bad reflexes and aim. The last time I won a match I had 10 kills and about 7 of those guys never even saw me. I just hid in bushes a lot and shot dudes in the back of the head after they went past me.

In conclusion: if you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Most my deaths are from me not winning the gun battle, even though I get the jump on them. I'm also playing with a broken hand, so maybe there'll be improvement when that's better. It's just a statement in general for how my online gaming has gone the past year or so! I've noticed my focus and "tactical" edge isn't what it was.

I'm close to wins, but usually I make a poor mistake and get myself killed or fail to shoot accurate/fast enough when I ambush someone. My best setup was with a silenced AR and KAR, perfectly set at the final circle with 2 left having to approach me with no cover. Then I got too close to the rocky edge and slipped off into 3rd place.

Scarecow
May 20, 2008

3200mhz RAM is literally the Devil. Literally.
Lipstick Apathy
Is there really no way of adjusting your fov now? cos holy loving poo poo the default is just loving terrible

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Afkmacro posted some instructions on how to increase your FOV a few pages back.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Afkmacro posted some instructions on how to increase your FOV a few pages back.

Pretty sure the method he posted was the one they just closed in the patch.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Something broke. I played a few games after the patch and just came back. Now the game loads and just sits there at the main screen and my character and the menu won't load. Just sits there with the ruined building background.

EDIT: I can get into settings but my character still won't load.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Raged posted:

Something broke. I played a few games after the patch and just came back. Now the game loads and just sits there at the main screen and my character and the menu won't load. Just sits there with the ruined building background.

EDIT: I can get into settings but my character still won't load.

I am having the same problem. I rebooted steam and my PC a few times and gave up and started up CSGO.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.
https://twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/852523426908524546

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Yep works now

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Is there any reason to wear clothing at all in this gsme it doesnt seem like it matters.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Ostentatious posted:

Is there any reason to wear clothing at all in this gsme it doesnt seem like it matters.
You gain inventory capacity if you wear clothes.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Tekopo posted:

You gain inventory capacity if you wear clothes.

AFAIK only the belt actually does.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Is it better to have damaged high tier armor or undamaged low tier armor?

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

gently caress this new ginger side-mullet. I want my buzzcut back.

If you're still having the "no loading screen" bug, go into settings and restore defaults, apply, quit the game then reload. Should fix it.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

AzureSkys posted:

Most my deaths are from me not winning the gun battle, even though I get the jump on them. I'm also playing with a broken hand, so maybe there'll be improvement when that's better. It's just a statement in general for how my online gaming has gone the past year or so! I've noticed my focus and "tactical" edge isn't what it was.

I'm close to wins, but usually I make a poor mistake and get myself killed or fail to shoot accurate/fast enough when I ambush someone. My best setup was with a silenced AR and KAR, perfectly set at the final circle with 2 left having to approach me with no cover. Then I got too close to the rocky edge and slipped off into 3rd place.

I feel you, I'm pushing 40 and I'm the same way. This game, though, is one of the few games that proves the sage advice "old age and treachery beats youthful exuberance" as mostly true. I dunno how many hours you have in the game so far, but you'll get better at the aiming. Concentrate on strategy and positioning and the rest will come in time.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

Knifegrab posted:

Is it better to have damaged high tier armor or undamaged low tier armor?

I think it shows the armour values in your inventory, so it depends on how damaged the armour is.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Crell posted:

I think it shows the armour values in your inventory, so it depends on how damaged the armour is.

I'm not 100% sure how the armor health system works, but if it were between a Level 3 helmet that's severely damaged and a Level 1 helmet, I'd take the level 3. If I'm correct in my assumption, and looking at the chart in the OP, just having the helmet will reduce the damage I take from a headshot, even if it breaks. It simply won't be there for the next one, so in this case, you can survive a single headshot from some of the higher damage rifles where a level 1 wouldn't. A follow up shot, nearly anywhere, would kill you anyway though. However, on the body armor side, you're looking at multiple shots to kill, anyway so I'm unsure of the math there.

To be honest, I think very little is known about the armor system and things like limb damage. I haven't tested any of it out yet, although we've all been hit without our armor/helmet sustaining any damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Yea if you guys are relying on aim and reaction time ,you are doing it wrong. its not even an age related thing, it's all about crosshair placement and good positioning. If you are aiming head level where the guy will pop out then you don't even need to really aim, just slightly adjust and shoot the guy in the head. Also stop running around aiming at nothing and then having to rely on reactions because that will get you killed no matter how fast you are. Always try have your crosshair pointed where someone could potentially pop out. As someone mentioned earlier, you never want to fight fair.

Also for those with "bad aim", try lowering your mouse sensitivity. It makes it way easier to reliably aim and also makes it much easier to line up shots at a distance. Ideally you want enough control to adjust your aim pixel by pixel. High sensitivity makes it harder to develop muscle memory. Pick a mouse sensitivity and never change it either. Also make sure mouse acceleration is off because it is impossible to develop muscle memory for aiming with it on.

Stealthgerbil fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Apr 13, 2017

• Locked thread