Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

triple sulk posted:

i saw that "tunnel" thing earlier, what does that even mean?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underground_nuclear_weapons_testing

except uhh i don't think you can just stick it in a tunnel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

paranoid randroid posted:

i may not be

UNITED AIRLINES

but im

BLESSED

to have a

CREW

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

So today it's NATO good, Russia bad, China good, NK...bad?
trump himself still hasn't said russia bad

tillerson's tough-guy act is also full of interesting wording

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Samurai Sanders posted:

So today it's NATO good, Russia bad, China good, NK...bad?
china has always been "so-so" to everyone in the US except inbreds and oligarchs for the last 20 years

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yinlock posted:

trump himself still hasn't said russia bad

Didn't he fold his arms and pout like a kid when someone asked him to yesterday

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Yinlock posted:

Well how else are you supposed to get it under the DMZ?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

GobiasIndustries posted:

Yeah and things aren't magically better. People will still believe him, though.

the gently caress? trump is literally magaing atm and is pivoting like everyone wanted

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

i may not be

UNITED AIRLINES

but im

BLESSED

to have a

CREW

if this isn't the open for the next Chapo I'll be disappointed

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I wouldn't put it past NK to literally just stick a hobo nuke in a mine shaft or something for underground testing

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Chris James 2 posted:

Didn't he fold his arms and pout like a kid when someone asked him to yesterday

Piss tape when???

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

UV_Catastrophe posted:

any bets on what the death toll will be if trump decides he wants to rain some tomahawks or whatever on north korea this week

North Korea might net out ahead with fewer mouths into which to divide their rice.

South Korea will get hosed up bigly

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Sex Tillerson suppressing the belch like never before

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Sir Tonk posted:

if this isn't the open for the next Chapo I'll be disappointed

ill sue those Gulen-loving volcel shmucks for every thin dime theyre worth

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Baloogan posted:

the gently caress? trump is literally magaing atm and is pivoting like everyone wanted

he never pivoted and the usa is markedly worse in every single way unless you're an old white man

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

North Korea might net out ahead with fewer mouths into which to divide their rice.

South Korea will get hosed up bigly

this was going to happen regardless, nk is insane and absolutely cannot be reasoned with

the question is how much worse will trump make things

im guessing extremely

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Yinlock posted:

I wouldn't put it past NK to literally just stick a hobo nuke in a mine shaft or something for underground testing

I mean the USA stuck a small nuke in a hole in an attempt to release natural gas as part of a project to repurpose them for peaceful things

like fortysome years later we now casually think of this as "fracking, but with nukes"

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

it got natural gas out pretty okay fyi but it was pretty radioactive so they didn't start doing it like for real

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
lol that "fracking" isn't the new swear word

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
im also screaming screaming screaming at windows 10 creators update or whatever its called wtf is it doing downloading at like 80kb/s this is some bull poo poo

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Baloogan posted:

The pivot everyone was hoping for was supposed to come immediately so it was an "ahah I can actually govern" thing and not following 83 days of absolute incompetence.

The only reason he's pivoting is because he's stuck in the same position he's been in his whole life: an outsider in the upper class, no one actually respects him. And now that he's failed to gain respect via bravado he's hoping he can gain it by faking that he's supposed to be a normal part of everything.

Sad!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Baloogan posted:

battlestar galactica made that painfully nerdy really fast

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Lord Hydronium posted:

People did blame the Republicans for the last shutdown, pretty overwhelmingly in fact. They just didn't care about it enough to vote against them in 2014.

That's my point though. There really weren't any political repercussions for the Republicans. I doubt there will be any for the Dems either.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Baloogan posted:

yeah great pivoting to establishment republicanism, woo hoo

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Shugojin posted:

cuck

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Yinlock posted:

this was going to happen regardless, nk is insane and absolutely cannot be reasoned with

the question is how much worse will trump make things

im guessing extremely

I don't think actual fighting between North Korea and South Korea is inevitable, except maybe in the long-term sense between now and the end of human civilization. North Korea has every reason to be provocative but never go too far and actually get their asses killed, and while it's scary that Trump is so utterly clumsy that he could escalate a few incidents (as we've already seen with a lot of diplomatic rhetoric so far) I think it'd be harder than it looks to actually blunder into a real war with North Korea. I don't think anyone wants one at all.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
your DONALD TRUMP is evolving!

your DONALD TRUMP evolved into LOUIE GOHMERT

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
north korea doesn't have a death wish and they have a good thing going, with the whole "killing their own population and starving" thing

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Dolash posted:

I think it'd be harder than it looks to actually blunder into a real war with North Korea. I don't think anyone wants one at all.

lots of complete dipshits (many wearing lanyards and bowties) who think they would be in no danger at all would love a war with north korea

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug

your DONALD TRUMP is evolving!

your DONALD TRUMP evolved into LOUIE GOHMERT

:sad:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Baloogan posted:

remember when The Geek Community tried for years to make that happen lol

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shugojin posted:

:3

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
[white people cursing awkwardly in mandarin while herding space cattle into their cowboy ship]

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Baloogan posted:

literally maagaing

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
mallard.... bad. in the latin.

AmericanBarbarian
Nov 23, 2011

Yinlock posted:

They have a big tunnel complex in a mountain they've used for previous weapons tests. From what I understand they pretty much stick it in a tunnel. http://38north.org/2016/02/punggye020116/

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Yinlock posted:

insane threat #231

the us should fire off some statements like that for a goof

quote:

Not content with manufacturing and testing missiles and nuclear arms in succession despite the repeated warnings of the US and South Korea, the DPRK has threatened to use tunnel bombs equipped with nuclear warheads. This is an unpardonable and heinous provocation and an open challenge.

By taking advantage of the DPRK reckless campaign for a nuclear war against South Korea, the Chinese puppetmasters vociferated about "preemptive attack" and "strong counteraction" and even "strike at the commanding forces", openly revealing the attempt to destroy monuments symbolic of the dignity of Donald Trump's supreme leadership.

This clearly shows that the Chinese and DPRK ambition for aggression and the puppets' attempt to invade South Korea have gone beyond the limit and their threats have entered the reckless phase of an actual war from the phase of threat and blackmail.
The prevailing grim situation more clearly proves that the Joint Chiefs of Staff was just when it made the judgment and decision to decisively settle accounts with the Chinese and their DPRK puppets by dint of the arms of our first strike forces, because the time when words could work has passed.

Now they are openly claiming that the effort to develop and deploy nuclear bombs was "not to irritate the US or South Korea", but "a defensive one". However, it is nothing but a lame pretext to cover up its aggressive nature, evade the denunciation at home and abroad and escape from the retaliatory blows of the immortal leader, Donald Trump.

The era when the DPRK resorted to the policy of strength by brandishing nuclear weapons has gone.

It is the resolute answer of the US and its steadfast stand to counter the nuclear blackmail of the DPRK with merciless nuclear attack and their war of aggression with just all-out war.

They should clearly know that in the era of President Donald Trump, the greatest-ever commander, all things are different from what they used to be in the past.

The hostile forces will clearly realize the iron will, matchless grit and extraordinary mettle of the brilliant commander of 1400 Pennsylvania Avenue that the Earth cannot exist without the Blessed United States.

Time has come to stage a do-or-die final battle.

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
i think an actual conflict w/ north korea involving explosions and many deaths might inadvertently cause Mattering to happen, and so for this reason, I don't think it will go down

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Oh hey, what do you know. I guess federal hiring is really complicated who knew

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/852309882254630912

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

[white people cursing awkwardly in mandarin while herding space cattle into their cowboy ship]

did they ever even have an asian person in a speaking role on that show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/852318522139168769

• Locked thread