Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

United saying now they're refunding the fare of everyone who was on the plane when they dragged out the doctor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

United saying now they're refunding the fare of everyone who was on the plane when they dragged out the doctor

I guess that's okay if they do it before they get subpoenas to a civil case?

Fake edit: please don't lawyer at me

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I legit laughed out loud in class

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
maybe it's better to just let him keep on thinking that instead of writing more EOs or anything crazy

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

So I have to admit- I'm more comfortable with a highly visible far right gasbag like Bannon being in his current position than I am with Jared and Ivanka subsuming his role. Bannon has proven himself to be a highly visible lightning rod and someone that the media is keeping tabs on, but even if there's this mythical perception that Ivanka and Jared are "more liberal" I'm a bit disturbed by the degree of direct influence that they have over Trump.

Personally, I hope Bannon stays on for Trump's presidency just so we can be treated to endless media focus on his dark little deeds and be regaled with tales of his latest feud with some White House staffer. At least that way it's more unlikely that Trump gets some hosed up major policy changes through.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Hot Karl Marx posted:

A lot of leftists groups WERE under surveillance in those times though. And a lot of right wing groups now are probably under watch (well maybe not with trump in charge, but with Obama they were).

The difference is the right wing groups should be under surveillance due to involvements with Russians, white supremacist terrorist organization and allowing Ted loving Cruz to still exist.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Genocide Tendency posted:

The difference is the right wing groups should be under surveillance due to involvements with Russians, white supremacist terrorist organization and allowing Ted loving Cruz to still exist.

Leftists should be under surveillance due to involvement with Russians (selling 20% of our uranium), Benghazi, Goerge Soros, emails, etc. etc. etc.

Both sides are just two sides of the same coin. One side just isn't hiding it as much anymore.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

TBeats posted:

Leftists should be under surveillance due to involvement with Russians (selling 20% of our uranium), Benghazi, Goerge Soros, emails, etc. etc. etc.

Both sides are just two sides of the same coin. One side just isn't hiding it as much anymore.

???

Did you lend your uncle your account?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

https://mic.com/articles/174042/she...campaign=social

But it was a suicide so nbd

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Well this is something.

http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/article.aspx?aid=3032113

North Korean leader Kim Jong-un recently ordered the deportation of nearly 600,000 Pyongyang residents to the suburbs, a local source told the JoongAng Ilbo Monday.

The deportation represents one-fourth of Pyongyang’s current population of 2.6 million. It is not known when they will be forced to move or to where.

“Population control was the pretext of the latest order,” said the source, who asked for anonymity, “but in reality, the purpose is to ‘purify’ the North Korean capital and allow only the loyal elite class to live there.”

Among those who were chosen by authorities to move are people whose relatives defected to South Korea, had been jailed in a prison camp, used drugs or counterfeit money, and produced, distributed or sold pirated films from the South.

Well poo poo :smith:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

fuckin lol

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

TBeats posted:

(selling 20% of our uranium)

loving kill yourself.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Are both of you guys for real, or did I fall headfirst into Poe's Law trap?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Just a heads up, this site tried to install a "news alert" function or whatever.

So here's a link to CBS' story:

http://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/sheila-abdus-salaam-body-of-trailblazing-judge-washes-up-nyc-hudson-river/

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

I missed this in the article:

quote:

The man not long ago dubbed the “shadow president” — with singular influence over Trump’s agenda and the workings of the federal government — is struggling to keep his job with his portfolio reduced and his profile damaged, according to interviews Wednesday with 21 of Trump’s aides, confidants and allies. Some colleagues described Bannon as a stubborn recluse who had failed to build a reservoir of goodwill within the West Wing.

Unbelievable how much this White House leaks.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

bird food bathtub posted:

loving kill yourself.

How about we don't tell someone on this sub forum that you dumb gently caress

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

loving kill yourself.

I think your sense of humor and sarcasm is, sadly, already dead.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

cowboy elvis posted:

How about we don't tell someone on this sub forum that you dumb gently caress

Yeah! You're supposed to tell Cole to shut the gently caress up!

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

M_Gargantua posted:

I think your sense of humor and sarcasm is, sadly, already dead.

If that was posted sarcastically then yeah, I'm a gently caress up.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

I'm a gently caress up.

anyone thats spent any time reading your posts knows this already

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

If that was posted sarcastically then yeah, I'm a gently caress up.

Not sure how that wasn't painfully obvious. I was almost literally every single dumb talking point thrown at Hillary/the Clintons/Democrats altogether in recent memory.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

I'm honestly more shocked by the Dem voters being this consistent.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I legit laughed out loud in class

If you will it Dude, it will be so.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

European Court criticizes Russia for handling of Beslan hostage crisis in 2004. No specifics yet but I'm sure one of the points is that you shouldn't use flame throwers and tanks in a hostage situation.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
What the gently caress are we sposed to use man, harsh language???

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

NOBODY MOVE OR THE OBAMACARE GETS IT!

Donald only pawn in game of life

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
http://www.abc15.com/news/region-so...o-shop-shooting

Someone should go ask that little girl her six favorite numbers. Video in the link worth watching if you haven't seen this on the morning news cycle yet.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Best Korea woke up a bunch of journalists and poo poo for a big event, which everyone thought was a nuke test announcement.

https://twitter.com/annafifield/status/852417438859763712

Best Korea opened a street.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

facialimpediment posted:

Best Korea woke up a bunch of journalists and poo poo for a big event, which everyone thought was a nuke test announcement.

This owns

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

This is definitely him trolling Trump by going full Trump.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Wow, NK went with the comedy option. Well played.

They're still going to detonate a nuke this weekend.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Godholio posted:

Wow, NK went with the comedy option. Well played.

They're still going to detonate a nuke this weekend.

Am I wrong for hoping more along the lines of castle bravo instead of another trinity?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

MA-Horus posted:

Am I wrong for hoping more along the lines of castle bravo instead of another trinity?

TSAR BOMBA

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Two Finger posted:

TSAR BOMBA

I don't think the norks can generate 1.4% of the power of the sun no matter how hard KJU wants it.

Fusion bombs are incredible because they're essentially tiny little stars for a brief few moments just chilling doing what stars do.

EDIT:

BigDave posted:

I'm hoping for a Tsara Bomba myself.

They mistranslate the users manual, a 1MT device gets bumped up to 100MT, the test shot takes out Mini-Kim.

It was only 50MT and could have been theoretically jacked to 100MT but wasn't.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

MA-Horus posted:

They mistranslate the users manual, a 1MT device gets bumped up to 100MT, the test shot takes out Mini-Kim.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

BigDave posted:

They mistranslate the users manual, a 1MT device gets bumped up to 100MT, the test shot takes out The Korean Penninsula and part of China

Made this a bit more accurate.

Thermonuclear weapons are cool as gently caress, even if Edward Teller was a bit of a man-child about them.

"Math for the fission bombs? Why would I want to do math when I can figure out the super? gently caress that poo poo."

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

MA-Horus posted:

Made this a bit more accurate.

Thermonuclear weapons are cool as gently caress, even if Edward Teller was a bit of a man-child about them.

"Math for the fission bombs? Why would I want to do math when I can figure out the super? gently caress that poo poo."

"Don't worry, I'm sure we didn't overlook anything in our Lithium-7 calculations. Its Inert, of course!"

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

need more info bc im wolefully ignorant

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

need more info bc im wolefully ignorant

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_Bravo#Deuterium_and_lithium

TL;DR: A estimated 5 Megaton device turned into a 15 Megaton device because Lithium-7 turns out not to be inert. Combined with Deuterium, Lithium-7 produces Tritium and an Alpha particle, which then creates more Tritium.

quote:

It was assumed that the lithium-7 would absorb one neutron, producing lithium-8, which decays (through beryllium-8) to a pair of alpha particles on a timescale of seconds, vastly longer than the timescale of nuclear detonation. However, when lithium-7 is bombarded with energetic neutrons, rather than simply absorbing a neutron, it captures the neutron and decays almost instantly into an alpha particle, a tritium nucleus, and another neutron. As a result, much more tritium was produced than expected, the extra tritium fusing with deuterium and producing an extra neutron. The extra neutron produced by fusion and the extra neutron released directly by lithium-7 decay produced a much larger neutron flux. The result was greatly increased fissioning of the uranium tamper and increased yield.[citation needed]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd1IFjBNNVo

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Apr 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I'm going to watch Trinity and Beyond this weekend. Haven't watched it in probably a year. Probably my favorite documentary ever.

• Locked thread