Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Have Blue posted:

For all the talk of Bernie being FULL COMMUNISM NOW he's remarkably tame. He's p much an establishment center left social Democrat. At the end of the day he's a billion year old Jewish dude who's been in politics for decades

i dont love him because i delusionally think he's a righteous comrade in the revolution or w/e but because he's a FDR style democrat, the last one, and he's remarkably rocksteady and consistent on policy and belief.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The reason Trump didn't LOCK HER UP is because he knew Clinton's insane ego would compel her to run once again in 2020 so he can easily destroy her a second time. If he actually locked her up, the Democratic party might stand a chance of moving on from the horrible Clinton dynasty and all her sycophantic hangers-on. Always thinking ahead

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Tato posted:

The reason Trump didn't LOCK HER UP is because he knew Clinton's insane ego would compel her to run once again in 2020 so he can easily destroy her a second time. If he actually locked her up, the Democratic party might stand a chance of moving on from the horrible Clinton dynasty and all her sycophantic hangers-on. Always thinking ahead

Trump plays 5-dimensional football

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?

basic hitler posted:

i dont love him because i delusionally think he's a righteous comrade in the revolution or w/e but because he's a FDR style democrat, the last one, and he's remarkably rocksteady and consistent on policy and belief.

An FDR style Democrat? Look if you wanted the guy who's gonna throw the immigrants into concentration camps you should have voted for Trump.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I was obv talking economic policy but lol yeah past presidents did bad things!

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?
We need a strong, charismatic leader to strengthen our economy, like Adolph Hitler!

Huh? Killing Jews? What the gently caress, I obviously just meant we should upgrade our highway infrastructure lol

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Hate to tell you this but fdr's economic policy and hand in pulling the country out of the depression and gearing the country for and then competently executing a worldwar outshines wartime internment when normal people think about him.

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit
You're just going to make yourself crazy and sad if you keep reliving the last election. It's better to let go and move on. That's just one of the reasons to be excited that Hillary Clinton is back in the news.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

basic hitler posted:

Hate to tell you this but fdr's economic policy and hand in pulling the country out of the depression and gearing the country for and then competently executing a worldwar outshines wartime internment when normal people think about him.

Lend/Lease is what really pulled us out of the Depression fwiw

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit
If Hillary can be over it, I can be over it, too.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
cda is like the reverse prorat lol

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

cda posted:

If Hillary can be over it, I can be over it, too.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
fun fact: each shoe of the Hillary Clinton collection by Katy Perry is full of millenial tears, and shattered dreams. can be had for the sensible, yet firm, price of hubris that cost her Michigan.

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?
Hillary was awful but she would still have been a better choice than Bernie because she didn't want to put an 8% flat tax on the working class.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
hillary_campaign.jpg

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

I have ever played!

OctaviusBeaver posted:

Hillary was awful but she would still have been a better choice than Bernie because she didn't want to put an 8% flat tax on the working class.

lol

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

OctaviusBeaver posted:

Lolin

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

I have ever played!
i mean that's about as wilfully dense as it gets. just lol, :shepface: and :cripes:

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

basic hitler posted:

Yeah I get that. I supported him for similar reasons though I had (and still have) policy concerns wrt his stances on education and protectionism.

And lol at "my taxes :cry:". Trumps hiking taxes on the middle class and cutting subsidies for... what? A wall? Lowering the tax burden on people who already pay comparatively little? Compare that flagrant waste to actual spending on education and healthcare as well as vital basic research.

Even Hillary would have thrown a bone to the proles while continuing to auction off the country behind closed doors lol

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Reminder that Hillary and her associates:

• cleared her nomination path of any real challengers
  • worked with the national committee to sabotage her primary opponent
  • leaked actual debate questions to her ahead of time
  • went up against her handpicked opponent in the general
  • had the support of almost every celebrity and most of the media
  • had a $1 billion war chest

and still lost.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

MD2020 posted:

Reminder that Hillary and her associates:

• cleared her nomination path of any real challengers
  • worked with the national committee to sabotage her primary opponent
  • leaked actual debate questions to her ahead of time
  • went up against her handpicked opponent in the general
  • had the support of almost every celebrity and most of the media
  • had a $1 billion war chest

and still lost.

and not only lost, but lost to a garbage-eating piss-goblin conman

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Have Blue posted:

For all the talk of Bernie being FULL COMMUNISM NOW he's remarkably tame. He's p much an establishment center left social Democrat. At the end of the day he's a billion year old Jewish dude who's been in politics for decades

lol longest serving Independent senator in US history just another Democrat establishment shill

Get outta here you fuckin dweeb

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

at least the tpp is dead, and hillary isn't in power, i say to console myself, occasionally reminding myself that i wouldn't be very much happier with anything hillary did

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

kazr posted:

lol longest serving Independent senator in US history just another Democrat establishment shill

Get outta here you fuckin dweeb

I'm not saying he's a stooge, but he's certainly a part of the system. That's no judgement in that statement btw, it's just a function of being in govt for decades lol

E: the system being the govt in general, his ties to the dems are pretty loose, which is fantastic imo

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

The US was going to vote for Trump this time, so if anyone had to lose to him, I'm glad it is her.

I can't imagine many Trump voters would have switched sides to vote for a Jew. The stuff they could have come up with to slander him would have been Pizzagate times a thousand.

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax
Posted this in "lol trump's fine" but it belongs in this thread too.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Carwash oval office posted:

The US was going to vote for Trump this time, so if anyone had to lose to him, I'm glad it is her.

I can't imagine many Trump voters would have switched sides to vote for a Jew. The stuff they could have come up with to slander him would have been Pizzagate times a thousand.

It's not about switching sides it's always about motivating people in key electoral states not to stay at home on election day.

Like say the rust belt, where Bernie was popular with good reason and would have won

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

Toadvine posted:

It's not about switching sides it's always about motivating people in key electoral states not to stay at home on election day.

Like say the rust belt, where Bernie was popular with good reason and would have won

What you are saying makes sense, my dad is a lifetime conservative voting farmer, and he loved Bernie. But, he at least watches Canadian news, not the toxic stuff Americans have to rely on for info.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I've met fire-breathig die-haed Republicans who respected Bernie amd say they wou have chosen him over Trump because they resprct his character and integrity

The "who would you rather have a beer with" test always works

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
I don't know how people watch the news it's just like a constant stream of bullshit and cringey poo poo and commercials.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

bonerjam posted:

I don't know how people watch the news it's just like a constant stream of bullshit and cringey poo poo and commercials.

I don't watch the news, I just read GBS

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

bonerjam posted:

i think the only people that watch news are comedians and youtubers commenting on the news

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Speaking of Tim totally not a kid diddler Kaine...
I always loved this one, you all might have missed it in the heat of the election.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Wow. Antisemitic much?

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Yeah, Shilldawg! That's how it feels!

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
Haha Hillary will never win.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

2/10 doens't mention his slush fund beach house

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

I have ever played!

zegermans posted:

2/10 doens't mention his slush fund beach house

zegermans posted:

I wouldn't mind hanging out with Hillary Clinton

lol you're in the wrong forum buddy

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
lol remember when Hillary called black people "superpredators"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Imagine calling Bernie corrupt while supporting Hillary Clinton, wow

• Locked thread