Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

2Jets posted:

Well it looks like I'll never finish LT-15 now. I dont hate my self enough to play light tanks that much.
I'm looking forward to the new match making though.

LT-15 seems easy enough, just play the AMX 13 105 and hit and pen every single shot that your tank carries! I mean yeah it has .42 accuracy and the already unreliable 13 90 has .38 but that shouldn't be a problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
You know those little nation flags you get with XVM? In case anybody doesn't know, you choose them yourself in the settings on modxvm.com.

I started with Cameroon because it looks cool, then I tried Israel for a little while and now I'm on to Pakistan. The Palestine one is pretty nice too.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NA Server people, has the packet loss been fixed or at least lessened? There was a minipatch which allegedly was designed to fix stuff, and I can't be bothered to suffer through the lag to find out if it's still there.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

NotWearingPants posted:

You know those little nation flags you get with XVM? In case anybody doesn't know, you choose them yourself in the settings on modxvm.com.

I started with Cameroon because it looks cool, then I tried Israel for a little while and now I'm on to Pakistan. The Palestine one is pretty nice too.

North Korea is the correct choice.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I put jap flags on my china tanks, every now and then someone goes off.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

Hellsau posted:

NA Server people, has the packet loss been fixed or at least lessened? There was a minipatch which allegedly was designed to fix stuff, and I can't be bothered to suffer through the lag to find out if it's still there.

dont know after like the 20th tech came to my house they finally admitted the problem is coming from their server hub and "they're trying to fix it" legit iv had like 20 technicians come to my house maybe even more because when i call saying i have 3 download and 50 upload they have to send one and all those times they were pretty useless

raffie
Feb 28, 2004
hopeless incompetent
I hope that reddit code works, i'm going to be setting up a new NA account when i get home from work and the Churchill III will save me some money/gold. Thanks for the tip on that one.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

raffie posted:

I hope that reddit code works, i'm going to be setting up a new NA account when i get home from work and the Churchill III will save me some money/gold. Thanks for the tip on that one.

If you're doing that, you might want to post an email or ask in discord to see if anyone can send you a friend recruitment message. They get a free premium if you make it to tier ten, you get a shitton of XP for platooning with them.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

BadLlama posted:

I put jap flags on my china tanks, every now and then someone goes off.

I put a Shamrock on my Cromwell but it's on SEA so no Irish to trigger.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Hellsau posted:

lol holy poo poo they're trying to get the patch out next tuesday and the tier ten lights are hideously bad.

Here's some euro guy playing the AMX 13 105, tier 10 light tank, with 9 shells left four minutes into the match (Assault)

theyre really going ahead with pushing the arty changes to live servers also?

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!

raffie posted:

I would definitely be willing to whore out a friend invite if you gave me an email to send it to.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Holy poo poo, 30 vs. 30 Frontline

My sides are actually hurting from laughing.

It's a refreshing mode, not even joking about it, but the poo poo that can and will happen is downright comical. Both unintentional poo poo happening to you, as well as shenanigans you can pull yourself. Since there's these weird codes all over the screen, I'm assuming screenshots aren't kosher, but I don't recall agreeing to an NDA like I did with World of Warships, soooo uhhh...?

Not entirely sure how they want to fix the blatant sniping in this mode, specifically on the only available map. I mean, you can tell they tried...it just didn't work.

Also: distance traveled 29km :lol:

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

raffie posted:

What i meant was to gather enough free exp to unlock tier 5 or 6 tanks without having to grind up through the lower tiers. I'm looking at tanks i'm familiar with so the american and russian mediums and heavies predominantly although i don't mind the german meds either. I have less than 10 games on my NA account and don't really want to deal with the lower tiers and wait times.

Ok, this makes more sense, you just want to not have to play low tiers. It sounded like you just wanted to have any tier 5 or 6 in your garage for ~reasons~; in that case the only answer would be just to grind, since there's no way to buy XP. I would have recommended against buying a tier 8 premium as a new player and would have even offered to help you grind out the low tiers, but it sounds like you're already experienced on one of the other servers. In that case you should maybe take a peek at some statistics like XP/min and find a premium tank that you like, although the recommendation for premium tanks is still going to be to buy one that you actually like playing and/or that will help you train crews.

Darkrenown posted:

How does the Improve result thing work for personal missions? I did HT-15-3 without honors last night (poked out of base in Malkanovka, blocked 10k, shot 2 peeps, and died). If I try to repeat it to get honors got I lose the reward? Does claiming the female crew member prevent me from repeating it?

You can improve results at any time, even after claiming the reward. You're just going back to accomplish those secondaries and claiming the extra credits.

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

What is it about the beach useless areas of the maps that seems to attract IS-3 braindead players so often?

FTFY

Agrajag posted:

is it worth it to retrain my jagtiger crew to go into my jpz e100?

How else would you do this? You'd put a new crew into a tier 10? Of course move up the JT crew.

Hremsfeld posted:

The console still has the six-round Waffle, right? Let me put it this way:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu_p5GDjJoc

Ah the WTF100, a tank that was broken on the test server and Wargaming ignored everyone telling them that! It took them, what, two years to remove it? :allears:

BadLlama posted:

When they do the LT change over, if your tier 8 is going to tier 9 do you get the tier 8 tank as well as the tier 9, or is WG loving you somehow.

I think you get both except for the Chinese tier 9 because it's a new tank.

2Jets posted:

Well it looks like I'll never finish LT-15 now. I dont hate my self enough to play light tanks that much.
I'm looking forward to the new match making though.

They're changing the LT missions though.

NotWearingPants posted:

Axetrain posted:

I'm on Israel right now and I quite like it. If you want to trigger observant sperglords you have to choose a recognizable flag. Syria/Iraq/etc. would be nice but they're not as well known as other flags.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Atomizer posted:

Ah the WTF100, a tank that was broken on the test server and Wargaming ignored everyone telling them that! It took them, what, two years to remove it? :allears:

It's taken them over six loving years to fix light tank matchmaking and stop fail platoons. The sad part is that nobody else could make a better tank game in the meantime.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I really really really don't understand the light tank situation. When they first put them up, everyone said they were garbage shitboxes. They then got a huge buff and they turned into great tanks, and over the last few weeks have been hobbled more and more to the point that they are effectively pointless since a T10 medium is better than them in every conceivable way except camo rating?

Why?

raffie
Feb 28, 2004
hopeless incompetent

Crazyeyes24 posted:

I would definitely be willing to whore out a friend invite if you gave me an email to send it to.

Thank you friend, my gmail is myxilplix.

Atomizer posted:

Ok, this makes more sense, you just want to not have to play low tiers. It sounded like you just wanted to have any tier 5 or 6 in your garage for ~reasons~; in that case the only answer would be just to grind, since there's no way to buy XP. I would have recommended against buying a tier 8 premium as a new player and would have even offered to help you grind out the low tiers, but it sounds like you're already experienced on one of the other servers. In that case you should maybe take a peek at some statistics like XP/min and find a premium tank that you like, although the recommendation for premium tanks is still going to be to buy one that you actually like playing and/or that will help you train crews.

Yeah sorry about that i should have made it clear in my post, I've got about 5k-ish games on the asian server. I'll get myself set up on the NA server and see what premiums are for sale on the store and on the tech trees before i decide. I'll get at least one russian med or possibly two. I'm currently in love with the Panther/M10 which i bought recently, just got my first Radley-Walters on it a few days back.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm getting unplayable packet loss even after the mini patch.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

McGavin posted:

It's taken them over six loving years to fix light tank matchmaking and stop fail platoons. The sad part is that nobody else could make a better tank game in the meantime.

It's taken Wargaming that long to fix MM in general, and I guess 6 years and counting to try to figure out what the gently caress to do with SPGs.

raffie posted:

Yeah sorry about that i should have made it clear in my post, I've got about 5k-ish games on the asian server. I'll get myself set up on the NA server and see what premiums are for sale on the store and on the tech trees before i decide. I'll get at least one russian med or possibly two. I'm currently in love with the Panther/M10 which i bought recently, just got my first Radley-Walters on it a few days back.

While I don't have a problem playing low tiers, I'll platoon with you anyway, just get on Discord and catch me in-game, I'm around a couple days a week. I'm with most of the tanks goons in PANSY.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Atomizer posted:

They're changing the LT missions though.

Do you have details? I've only seen SPG missions changing.

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip

Darkrenown posted:

Do you have details? I've only seen SPG missions changing.

I don't think they are changing this patch. LTs go up to tier 10 now so if anything the'll probably make them harder.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

serious gaylord posted:

I really really really don't understand the light tank situation. When they first put them up, everyone said they were garbage shitboxes. They then got a huge buff and they turned into great tanks, and over the last few weeks have been hobbled more and more to the point that they are effectively pointless since a T10 medium is better than them in every conceivable way except camo rating?

Why?

WG doesn't play their own game so the only feedback they have is endless moronic IS7/E100 drivers who incessantly whine it's unfair they got killed by light tanks because they got spotted like retards doing something way loving dumb like crossing in the open or getting in a 7 on 1 fight.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Axetrain posted:

North Korean flag is disabled for XVM, if you choose it shows up as blank.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

serious gaylord posted:

Why?

Probably because at first when everyone said they sucked no one really knew how to use them. Then they got buffed and people got really good at using them. Now there's prolly a lot of bitching that because some people are so good the lights are too good and need to be nerfed.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that's how WG figured what to change than by listening to pubbies bawl about poo poo. Yeah, sure, lights are a pain in the rear end to everyone else, but they're easy to kill if you don't suck

raffie
Feb 28, 2004
hopeless incompetent
Bloody tanks kept redirecting me to the asian server when i was trying to sign up the NA account in the office. Now i'm finally home and have my VPN up, so i can sign up for the NA account.

If anyone has an invite code feel free to send it to myxilplix at gmail please and i can sign up right away.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!
Will shoot you one in a minute, just gotta sit down at my desk.

EDIT:
Well it is yelling at me saying that email has already registered. Another email you want to use or you already good to go?

Crazyeyes24 fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Apr 13, 2017

Mr.48
May 1, 2007
So I marathoned my M41 Bulldog to make 100,000 xp in 3 days in order to get the T49 before the patch hits, and it was actually really enjoyable! I even managed to get my win rate in it up to 60%, even though I was playing solo at 150ms+ latency. Its one hell of a little tank!

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Mr.48 posted:

So I marathoned my M41 Bulldog to make 100,000 xp in 3 days in order to get the T49 before the patch hits, and it was actually really enjoyable! I even managed to get my win rate in it up to 60%, even though I was playing solo at 150ms+ latency. Its one hell of a little tank!

It's the best tank in game.... for now. You're fortunate to have gotten a chance to play it before they gently caress up lights.

As I understand it, the Bulldog is getting raised to tier 8 and getting nerfed at the same time.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
Even Quickybaby has a video up unironically called "T10 Tanks are now Useless."

That is how bad they are.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I find it amusing that while World of Tanks generally looks pretty good (imho), the standard for tier 10 competitions has apparently become the Maus, a tank that looks like it was designed by a 9 year old working in minecraft.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

we don't call 'em nazi box tanks for nothing

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

North Korean flag is disabled for XVM, if you choose it shows up as blank.

Sad to learn that, I didn't even realize it wasn't showing up after I picked it. Guess I'll switch over to Israel then.

Axetrain fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Apr 13, 2017

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Mr.48 posted:

The bulldog is great. It fixes all my complaints about the 13 75. I would rather play it all day instead of the T49. I finished the T49 last night. +200 over expected damage, close to 80% on mark of excellence. 49% win rate. Every other light I've managed to hit at least 55% and feel like I could easily improve them to 60% now that the crews aren't garbage.

HFX fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Apr 13, 2017

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
I do not understand why light tanks have less vision than medium tanks of the same tier.

"Oh haey we noticed that you all think it sucks to be -3MM in your light tank with no armor or HP so we'll make sure you get regular MM with a lovely tank instead"

Seriously why the gently caress

I'm going to be getting three useless tier 9s in my garage now. I generally tend to at least understand why changes are necessary to the game when they are made, but this loving baffles me.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The light tank nerf baffled everyone.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
It baffles you and it baffles me because it's dumb as gently caress.

I've considered grinding the gently caress out of the Bulldog to get to the T49 and seeing if I can get to the LTTB from the MT-25 and free xping what I can't... but why bother? To unlock lovely tanks with no real role?

HFX
Nov 29, 2004
Apparently even Quickybaby has a video up about light tanks being useless now. How the gently caress are Wargaming going through with this patch.

The only thing I'm looking forward to in this patch is that my Blackdog, Type 64, and Type 62 will all feel like they are good for their match ups. Wish I had a AMX 13 57.

HFX fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Apr 13, 2017

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

I do not understand why light tanks have less vision than medium tanks of the same tier.

They have less view range than heavies of the same tier.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Hellsau posted:

They have less view range than a tier 3 TD.

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

Barry posted:

It baffles you and it baffles me because it's dumb as gently caress.

I've considered grinding the gently caress out of the Bulldog to get to the T49 and seeing if I can get to the LTTB from the MT-25 and free xping what I can't... but why bother? To unlock lovely tanks with no real role?

I did it with the Bulldog because A) the Bulldog is a pleasure to play, and B) the might unfuck lights at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Hellsau posted:

Hellsau, what tanks do we need for our team and what crew skills should I prioritize?