Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

In Training posted:

Is there any game that has the same vibe as Parasite Eve I&II?

Koudelka, kinda. It's going for a kind of survival horror JRPG thing where you're exploring this abbey but also there's random battles (though they take place on a separate screen and are turn-based SRPG style battles). It's also only about ten hours long or less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Snak posted:

haha, no. I am getting my bachelors. In theory.

Yeah, there plenty of non-traditional students nowadays, but I always thought I would have accomplished anything at all in my life by the time I was 30.

Who would have thought that isolating yourself from people as much as possible and never learning any discipline and always just doing whatever you feel like doesn't prepare you to cope with the challenges of life?

stop posting here and stop playing videogames if you got work to do

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I've done a pretty good job. I quit playing games awhile back. I've been pretty productive. I only post in like, 3 threads.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Snak posted:

I've done a pretty good job. I quit playing games awhile back. I've been pretty productive. I only post in like, 3 threads.

You can keep posting here but for serious if you have work to do, go do it.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Games and posting are a reward for staying on top of my schoolwork in my case.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
usually what I do is I sit down to do an assignment and don't even look at the forums until I finish or hit a significant milestone. It's not even a problem when I dive into coding.

Honestly sleep time management is my biggest problem at this point. Once I'm working on something, i don't know how to tear myself away from it, and even when I force myself to go to bed I just lay there continuing to thing about how I'm going to implement the next planned feature. Barring that, how my project presentation will address the choices I made during the design phase.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Snak posted:

I quit playing games awhile back.

Shameful. Play games.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

codenameFANGIO posted:

Shameful. Play games.

lol, i mean like, not even two weeks ago. Which wasn't nearly soon enough.

When I graduate, i'm gonna buy Yakuza 0, though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

trying to get an exclusive property that would sell to niches that they were missing out on with the wii u

I am really glad I got the chance to play and beat Bayonetta 2. It was a very good game and I want to play it again but I no longer have my Wii U.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Phantasium posted:

Koudelka, kinda. It's going for a kind of survival horror JRPG thing where you're exploring this abbey but also there's random battles (though they take place on a separate screen and are turn-based SRPG style battles). It's also only about ten hours long or less.

Ah yeah that's been on my radar for a bit now. PS1/2 games yeah? Did they ever get a PSN release?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm going to go back for my Master's I highly recommend staying in college as long as possible

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah i went back to get my bachelor's at 28 and it's like a break from real life

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
School is also a great place to make new friends in a new city, unlike bars peeps are typically at least mostly sober when you meet them at school. I didn't meet my wife there but indirectly I kinda did through social circles etc

College is cool and good

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ3PgaPpMQk

I love that YouTube Gaming has a Microsoft Solitaire section.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Play video games you fuckers!!!! poo poo!!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I'm sorry. That was rude. But please, let gaming into your heart, all the time. Every day.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I've been sitting 'round for like three hours instead of playing a video game :(

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

I've been sitting 'round for like three hours instead of playing a video game :(

Play a roguelike! DoomRL is free and fun and it also doesn't take very long to play!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/MeowingIsWeak/status/852092146471534593

i mean okay, collect what you love, but also, what the christ

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm watching better call Saul

My wife's playin sexy brutale and enjoying it about as much as I was

I have intentions on staying up late playing the hell out of persona 5 just finished palace 2 and poo poo is getting real

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

StrixNebulosa posted:

https://twitter.com/MeowingIsWeak/status/852092146471534593

i mean okay, collect what you love, but also, what the christ

it's no 14,000 VHS copies of jerry maguire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXRMTahRj0g

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I'm gonna be applying to med school this coming application cycle and boy howdy, am I freaking out about it! On the other hand, I am looking forward to going back to school after the aimless feeling I've had this past year in my planned holding pattern (read: gap year).

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I'm still playing Nier. It's crazy how different I react to sidequests in this one as compared to the original. I skipped them all in the first game and I've been trying to do all the ones I see in Automata just because the core gameplay is pretty drat fun.

In Training posted:

Ah yeah that's been on my radar for a bit now. PS1/2 games yeah? Did they ever get a PSN release?

PS1, no PSN release as the company that made it (and it's stealth sequels Shadow Hearts) don't make games anymore. There was a publisher a while back putting random PS1 games on Steam and it was supposed to be one of them, but as I recall it's the only one that didn't come out.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Snak posted:

I know that it's a process, but my experiences with therapy/counseling have all felt like a waste of time. I usually can barely even get the ball rolling because of my social anxiety. But since that's what currently impeding my job search, I guess I might as well practice by trying to get some practice by trying again.

I'm glad you're still here too.

Please continue your search, it can take a while to find a therapist who works for you. Took me about 10 tries to find one who clicked.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I believe in you Snak my dude

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Have you guys already talked about the Switch boob squeezing game?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Guy Goodbody posted:

Have you guys already talked about the Switch boob squeezing game?
its a strange new direction for Metroid to go

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Training posted:

Is there any game that has the same vibe as Parasite Eve I&II?

Vagrant Story has similar gameplay to PE1 but it's a hard game to enjoy nowadays.

In addition to Koudelka, the first two Shadow Hearts games have a similar 'fantasy stuff in the real world vibe', though in that case it's early 20th century instead of late.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Oh man, Detroit: Become Human looks really good too, I wish I hadn't watched that whole trailer. There were like 5 things in it that would have blown me away if I had seen the for the first time when I was playing.

Thanks for all the kind words, guys. It means a lot. All I have to do is just keep on truckin. I'm in the home stretch. I'm sober.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Quest For Glory II posted:

its a strange new direction for Metroid to go

I think we all the saw the writing on the wall though.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I have never played Other M and I think I am probably okay with that continuing to be the case in perpetuity

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Snak posted:

Oh man, Detroit: Become Human looks really good too, I wish I hadn't watched that whole trailer. There were like 5 things in it that would have blown me away if I had seen the for the first time when I was playing.

That's the newest game by the Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy guy, right? The premise sounds cool but the thing about his games is the premise always sounds cool but the actual games themselves have a distressing tendency to...not quite live up to the promise, I think is the most diplomatic way to put it.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Kai Tave posted:

That's the newest game by the Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy guy, right? The premise sounds cool but the thing about his games is the premise always sounds cool but the actual games themselves have a distressing tendency to...not quite live up to the promise, I think is the most diplomatic way to put it.

Kinda why I'm sad I watched the trailer. That might have been the only cool part of the game and they showed all 5 outcomes...

edit: But also I didn't know that it was David Cage and now I kinda don't care.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

codenameFANGIO posted:

:stare: uh nice username

Metric is a pretty cool band! I couldn't get into their latest album but Live it Out is a classic

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Snak posted:

Kinda why I'm sad I watched the trailer. That might have been the only cool part of the game and they showed all 5 outcomes...

edit: But also I didn't know that it was David Cage and now I kinda don't care.

I mean hey, he might get it right one of these days. You gotta have faith. And let someone else play it first.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Snak posted:

Thanks for all the kind words, guys. It means a lot. All I have to do is just keep on truckin. I'm in the home stretch. I'm sober.

david cage is the biggest hack in video games, do not buy games he is part of

Kai Tave posted:

I mean hey, he might get it right one of these days. You gotta have faith. And let someone else play it first.
Never have faith in david cage

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Snak posted:

haha, no. I am getting my bachelors. In theory.

Yeah, there plenty of non-traditional students nowadays, but I always thought I would have accomplished anything at all in my life by the time I was 30.

Who would have thought that isolating yourself from people as much as possible and never learning any discipline and always just doing whatever you feel like doesn't prepare you to cope with the challenges of life?

You're doing something, that's better than I can say

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The only cool thing David Cage ever did was that thing where you have a limited time to remove evidence from a crime scene. And he knew it, because he blatantly recycled it. And of course, in both cases it doesn't really matter at all if you do a good job or not, because the branches and choices in his games are so limited they make Telltale's worst offerings look like the loving Matrix.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Someone post that photo where Willem Dafoe and Ellen Page have to do press for Beyond Two Souls and they both look completely done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Someone post quote where David Cage tries to hype his new game by positing "what if humans were the bad guy?" as if it were some sort of mic drop moment.

• Locked thread