Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

The Bananana posted:

Naw, man... I got it. It's just I was hoping for an actual answer. :shrug:

Possibly:
Days Gone
God of War
Red Dead Redemption 2
Marvel v Capcom Infinite
Prey
Middle Earth: Shadow War
Uncharted Lost Legacy
Yakuza Kiwami
Hellblade
Detroit: Become Human
Vampyr
Battlefront 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Part of me feels like days gone isn't going to resurface for like 2 years and it's going to suck.

Just dropping a trailer for a new ip like that, which looks really cool (albeit super unoriginal) then going on blackout for years just doesn't bode well to me.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

The day before they announced that Uncharted standalone I got a survey from the PSN email asking if I'd played various games, if I'd heard of various upcoming games and then the detailed questions were all about a hypothetical Uncharted sequel without Drake but I could've sworn the little pitch was that Chloe was the main character. I think my response was "OK, but it's hard to see that working without Drake."

Fix posted:

Oh my god, that must be the game I guy I was talking to months ago mentioned he saw a trailer or something for and it was about a cyber cop in future Detroit and I was like that's DX:HR but he insisted it wasn't and I assumed he was crazy.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

veni veni veni posted:

Part of me feels like days gone isn't going to resurface for like 2 years and it's going to suck.

Just dropping a trailer for a new ip like that, which looks really cool (albeit super unoriginal) then going on blackout for years just doesn't bode well to me.

Days Gone felt like Naughty Dog told Sony that TLoU Part 2 was gonna be a few years and they went "gently caress!" and demanded a zombie game out of someone to fill time.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah defiantly. It bares an uncanny resemblance to TLOU in that trailer, but I believe it's actually some sort of open world survival deal. Who knows the info they have put out seems really insufficient . That whole trailer seems really canned to me.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Hellblade looks sick as gently caress. I actually stopped watching the video I was watching about it because I don't need to see any more and just want to experience it for myself.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
So my playstation updated itself and now there's a "corrupted data" thing right on my dashboard so good job Sony.

Any way of finding out what exactly was corrupted?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

There are rumors that the e3 demo was not fully indicative of whats going on in the game and its not just typical zombie stuff, but we'll have to wait and see.

Sony has been pretty good about getting games out the door after 2 e3's so i'd bet its out by this time next year.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

The day before they announced that Uncharted standalone I got a survey from the PSN email asking if I'd played various games, if I'd heard of various upcoming games and then the detailed questions were all about a hypothetical Uncharted sequel without Drake but I could've sworn the little pitch was that Chloe was the main character. I think my response was "OK, but it's hard to see that working without Drake."

That survey was asking about your awareness to some game called Bonestorm, which as far as I could tell was just a Simpsons reference.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

That's weird, I took that survey also and it was very much not hypothetical and was specifically asking what I thought of The Lost Legacy and it having women as protagonists.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Fix posted:

That survey was asking about your awareness to some game called Bonestorm, which as far as I could tell was just a Simpsons reference.
Yep, that was on there.

homeless snail posted:

That's weird, I took that survey also and it was very much not hypothetical and was specifically asking what I thought of The Lost Legacy and it having women as protagonists.
I guess I was thinking of it as hypothetical because I hadn't heard of Lost Legacy when I took it. Maybe I just checked my email before coming here cause this is the only place I get game news but I thought it was like a day before the announcement.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

So my playstation updated itself and now there's a "corrupted data" thing right on my dashboard so good job Sony.

Any way of finding out what exactly was corrupted?
I had the same thing happen. Ejected the disc (since this is what it told me to do), put it back in and everything is fine, all my saves seem to work. Some weird thing I guess.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I haven't updated but that corrupted data thing happened to me on an old update. It's weird for a minute but it's just something with reading the disc and is easily fixed.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Happened to be too but no big deal I guess :shrug:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Fix posted:

Ah, that explains this question

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

I wanna know of Detroit has a rewind function. Or if the trailer was just clever 'your choices have consequences'

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Xbox is now letting you refund a game within 2 weeks if play time is under 2 hours

quote:

Please note the below conditions for requesting a self-service refund:
• Games and apps are eligible for self-service refunds within 14 days of purchase if you have less than 2 hours of play time across all accounts.
• DLC, season passes, and add-ons are not eligible for self-service refunds.
• The game or app must be downloaded and launched before requesting a self-service refund.
• You must wait for at least 1 day after the game or app's release before requesting a self-service refund.
• Certain Windows 10 apps may not be eligible for self-service refunds.
• Microsoft reserves the right to block access for users who abuse self-service refunds.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

veni veni veni posted:

It's been like 10 months.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Really? I thought they showed it in 2015?

E: You are right. Still it's just weird that we haven't seen or heard almost anything outside of that trailer.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nah it was E3 last year

The last time they showed new stuff they announced TLoU 2 so I imagine they didn't want to put anything else with zombies in against that.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Apr 13, 2017

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
It looked heck of lame to me

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Xbox is now letting you refund a game within 2 weeks if play time is under 2 hours

Can I just say that I'm glad for whoever fixed your avatar text because my kids are endlessly learning to read over my shoulder and now the concern of them lusting for cocks is now just replaced for a general concern that your "bird will never be able to swallow all those worms at once."

I was going to spend the bux eventually, but on the other hand I'm a bit of a gambler.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
The graphics were pretty but that it didn't look like it was doing anything very interesting from a gameplay or story/world perspective. "It's the end of the world and there's a biker gang" is quaint after playing "it's the end of the world and there are robot dinosaurs everywhere" and "it's the end of the world and you are an android fighting cute robots."

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Haha, Parappa the Rapper is listed as a game that benefits from the Pro? How?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Maybe there's no input lag on the pro :mad:

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Fix posted:

Possibly:
Days Gone
God of War
Red Dead Redemption 2
Marvel v Capcom Infinite
Prey
Middle Earth: Shadow War
Uncharted Lost Legacy
Yakuza Kiwami
Hellblade
Vampyr
Battlefront 2

Thanks a whole bunch!

Kinda slim Pickens, eh? Idk, not too many of those titles really pique my interest.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Fix posted:

Possibly:
God of War
Red Dead Redemption 2
Uncharted Lost Legacy
Yakuza Kiwami
Hellblade
Vampyr

Out of the ones I left on the list, Vampyr looks the least interesting for me (at least from actual videos). Still a great list.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Sakurazuka posted:

Maybe there's no input lag on the pro :mad:
That would make me interested in getting it but I doubt it.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Bombadilillo posted:

I wanna know of Detroit has a rewind function. Or if the trailer was just clever 'your choices have consequences'

It's David Cage, therefore expect whatever's worse.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I hope Vampyr is good because I like Dontnod but their track record with action games isn't great so far

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Samurai Sanders posted:

You gotta believe! :colbert:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Sakurazuka posted:

I hope Vampyr is good because I like Dontnod but their track record with action games isn't great so far

Maybe Dontnod should just take the Yoko Taro route and commission Platinum to do the combat for their high-minded concept games.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

If days gone is truly an open world kind of thing, that could work in its favor to make it feel unique and different.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Oxxidation posted:

You will not. Only the Pro is HDR compatible.

False. My launch PS4 can do HDR, this is surprisingly forward-thinking of Sony, as nobody heard of HDR in 2013 unless you were in the very technical side of the tv/film industry.

But you must ensure you have a HDMI cable that supports it (I needed to get a newer one for HDR to work).

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

The Bananana posted:

Thanks a whole bunch!

Kinda slim Pickens, eh? Idk, not too many of those titles really pique my interest.

Do you just not like games or something?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

spudsbuckley posted:

Do you just not like games or something?

Not everyone can enjoy games as much as parkingtigers.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Well, obviously. Parking some tigers is way more fun than gaming.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

HGH posted:

It's David Cage, therefore expect whatever's worse.

I googled "has David Cage seen Robocop" and it lead me to this amazing tumblr post

David Cage Bingo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Samurai Sanders posted:

4K support

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

David cage is prime redbox material. I really enjoy his lovely comedy games.