Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Jack Gladney posted:

Who's the guy who replaces Jonah as host during Kinga's weird hallucination for a moment at the end of Carnival Magic? The credits list Matt McGinnis as "Matt Claude Van Damme." He's a producer for the show, but I can't find his picture. Is this something that other episodes explain?

Without having seen that episode, I bet that's one of the super tier kickstarter backers, one of the five figure $$ ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
I've never seen ROTOR and hey, it's on amazon prime!

...what the gently caress is this

edit oh god he's got a locker. why

Unkempt fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Apr 12, 2017

Capn Jobe
Jan 18, 2003

That's right. Here it is. But it's like you always have compared the sword, the making of the sword, with the making of the character. Cuz the stronger, the stronger it will get, right, the stronger the steel will get, with all that, and the same as with the character.
Soiled Meat

Unkempt posted:

Best part of this one (well, that's debatable, there's a lot of candidates) is how the actual R.O.T.O.R. acronym stands for different things each time it's shown on-screen.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Unkempt posted:

Two skeletons making love in a tin coffin.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Only seen the pilot, but i thought it was great. Yes, some people's gripes are valid, but I'm willing to give them some episodes to get their footing.

The one thing I really don't like is the new door/tunnel sequence. The doors are basically all the same. I like when they're all different. :(

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Unkempt posted:

rotor is the perfect lovely 80's movie. everything about it is incredible

personally i like early romance b plot where coldiron quits his job, they have a leisurely lunch, then they go back to her place for a steak dinner, then coldiron runs off to do some errands, stops a robbery, and the girlfriend is absent from the last half of the movie

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
OK, finished ROTOR, and now I don't know how many holes my eyeballs are coming out of.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
there's a lot of good lovely film endings, rotor is among the best but it's a tough field. two of them are from the same best of the worst episode

blood debts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoJ32JchVno

undefeatable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxkr4wS7XqY

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It says something that I just had to do like 10 minutes of internet research to determine that the scene I was thinking of is from a DIFFERENT Cynthia Rothrock film where she fights John Miller.

(I was thinking of Honor & Glory, which Mike and the boys actually did recently, where he (the shirtless dude with the mullet) bellows that ONLY DEATH CAN RETIRE JASON SLADE!)

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

John Murdoch posted:

I think I may end up making "That must be the _____ that escaped from the circus!" a new personal riff for anything that shows up in a movie out of left field.

I was actually disappointed that the crew didn't just go completely buggo at that point. That was a perfect "Start smoochin', movie!" moment.

Antiquated Pants
Feb 23, 2011

Oh god I'm so lonely in here...
:negative:

I've been streaming the Netflix collection all week. It switches between Mike and Joel eps, and man, I prefer Mike's energy in general but drat the Joel eps are still fantastic!

And to everyone talking about "references" getting out of date.. some things never die. I'm watching "Teenagers from Outer Space" right now.

Teen(From outer space): We are the the supreme race!
Crow: Awww turn Rush Limbaugh off!

I laughed pretty hard at that one.

I cannot wait until the new series launches on Netflix! My only concern from the KickStarter clip was that Servo and Jonah sound fairly similar, but a little listening will probably clear that up!

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The Trump jokes are shockingly more relevant than ever

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Burkion posted:

There's a great one in Wild Rebels, when they're doing a "talk innocently about everything in the background of the scene but the giant Nazi flag" gag.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Apr 13, 2017

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlvbUigsxf8

Just seriously, I think they could tell the future.

Between this and Tom doing an honest to God Rick Roll

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Gavok posted:

I'd like a master list of MST3K/RiffTrax movies with completely bonkers endings.

To my mind, you won't go any lower than Monster-A-Go-Go.

"As if a switch had been turned, as if an eye had been blinked, as if some phantom force in the universe had made a move eons beyond our comprehension, suddenly, there was no trail! There was no giant, no monster, no thing called 'Douglas' to be followed. There was nothing in the tunnel but the puzzled men of courage, who suddenly found themselves alone with shadows and darkness..."

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

At 35:26 in Avalanche, there's a kid who looks about 10 years old drinking wine in a cutaway shot. It really communicates everything sleazy about the movie so far.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Burkion posted:

I love the one during the cartoon opening credits where Joel says "It's Donald Trump and he's the bad guy, this doesn't make sense" and Servo quietly says that it makes perfect sense.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I have to say Time Travelers is one of the better MST3K movies they've ever watched. It's campy and makes for good ammunition, but I found myself liking it. Also, that moment of the mutants tearing that one android apart was some serious George Romero poo poo.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I liked that one too. It really is a good reminder that some cheap movies have a lot of creativity and drive built into them, made in an age where the need for tons of disposable movies meant that people with passion and ideas could use the system to do some of the things they wanted.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I'm up to 1105, and I have to say that Jim Henson's Magnum PI Babies might be my favorite riff of the season so far. So funny, so accurate to what's on screen, and so true to the humor of the original show.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I've only watched the first episode so far but it's kinda jarring how they comment on something right before or right as it actually happens on screen. Does that happen a lot in later episodes?

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Republicans posted:

I've only watched the first episode so far but it's kinda jarring how they comment on something right before or right as it actually happens on screen. Does that happen a lot in later episodes?

Sure. How many times do they say "Hi-keeba!" right as someone makes a move, for instance?

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Republicans posted:

From what I've noticed, not nearly to the degree that it happens in the first episode.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Was checking back into this thread and the premier is tomorrow right?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

kiimo posted:

Was checking back into this thread and the premier is tomorrow right?

Midnight Pacific time tonight.

https://countingdownto.com/countdown/mst3k-live-on-netflix-countdown-clock

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I wish it were EST, I'd be able to catch the first one before I went to bed then. As it is, I am going to have eight agonizing hours at work waiting to watch it! :argh:

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
Downloads and subtitle files are up on the vhx site now. Nice~

Pleasing Shape
Jan 9, 2004

The Vitally Important Pelvic Thrust
https://twitter.com/tracebeaulieu/status/850285105855827968
:smith:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The producer of the reboot is in my fantasy football league so if this bombs I'm never letting him forget it.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Trace just cutting everybody out now. You're making all your old friends feel just like Vonnegut made you feel after the Cable Ace Awards, buddy.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Why have 13+ people liked this tweet?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
I'm bummed that it's not releasing midnight EST, but I guess I get to wake up to a new MST3k episode just like I did when I was a kid. :gbsmith:

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

I'm working from home tomorrow, both of the people I report to are out tomorrow, and my workload will be light.

Going to watch MST3K all day :getin:

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
toying with the idea of staying up until 3 AM because I have no responsibilities tomorrow but I'm not sure if I have the stamina/ability to kill time without getting bored and then eating/drinking too much and getting fat and bloated the day before I'm supposed to meet a girl from tinder

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Pacific Time finally serves me well and I have no work tomorrow, I'm gonna watch at least two eps.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Compendium posted:

Pacific Time finally serves me well and I have no work tomorrow, I'm gonna watch at least two eps.

How does that serve you well? If it were midnight EST you'd get it hours earlier.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

It should have been gods own time, 12:01am GMT.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

I'm in CST but I don't have work for the next two days and have given up on ever having a stable sleep schedule so bring on the goofs

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Franchescanado posted:

How does that serve you well? If it were midnight EST you'd get it hours earlier.

I'm awake at midnight anyways so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Compendium posted:

I'm awake at midnight anyways so

So you'd be 2 eps deep by midnight if it came out at 9 o'clock?