Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Volkerball posted:

Are any of the fox footy shows any good? I watched an episode of on the couch and those guys don't seem to dabble all that much in hot takes.
Probably just the one with Robbo (who is usually drunk) and Gerard Whateley (who is from the ABC) so it's a weird combo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
I actually don't mind League Teams, they go into some interesting tactics style stuff.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The Deadly Hume posted:

Probably just the one with Robbo (who is usually drunk) and Gerard Whateley (who is from the ABC) so it's a weird combo

AFL 360, it's on 4 nights a week, they have some hot takes, some coaches talking tactics, etc

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Seconding 360. Whateley is generally quite good and Robbo is ... interesting.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

thepokey posted:

Seconding 360. Whateley is generally quite good and Robbo is ... interesting.

I honestly wonder how long it's going to take before they start subtitling him by default

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Video has emerged of Robbo's first interview question as a child ... not much has changed really https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7RgN9ijwE4

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Footy is great

AFL360 is great, love seeing Gerard Whateley humouring his drunk uncle four nights a week. Guy has the patience of a mountain.

Footy is great

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Footy is better than it was a week ago.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The Titus O'Reilly podcast is good this week, has Wil Anderson on it and they talk about John Clarke, the Bulldogs, and racism in football, sport, and society

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Gerard Whateley on John Faines radio show at 10am on Monday mornings is always very good too, half hour recap of sports.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Can't stand Titus. 360 gets grating whenever Slobbo speaks. On the couch would be better without David King and League teams would be better with Derm. Basically footy media is half good. Avoid anything with Damian Barrett or Craig Hutchison.

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
Titus is occasionally funny, but his normal podcast co-host is pretty bad. Since he repeats the exact same jokes on his website and Twitter it's a better use of time to stick to one of those.

Wil Anderson's podcast is probably the best one for football comedy.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Titus' schtick is designed around Twitter, it works well there but suffers in long form

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

TG-Chrono posted:

Can't stand Titus. 360 gets grating whenever Slobbo speaks. On the couch would be better without David King and League teams would be better with Derm. Basically footy media is half good. Avoid anything with Damian Barrett or Craig Hutchison.

I personally reckon Hutchy and Barrett's podcast is a really good resource for learning about the footy/sport media. They do love to self-congratulate though so you need a fairly strong constitution

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
The ABC deserves your clicks for this article:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-13/historian-reveals-marngrook-influence-on-afl/8439748

quote:

Indigenous influence on AFL creation confirmed by historical transcripts, historian says

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

I still want a Damian Cowell footy podcast more than anything

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I wasn't recommending the Titus podcast in general, I was just saying the episode with Wil Anderson on it was worth listening to

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

thepokey posted:

I still want a Damian Cowell footy podcast more than anything

I want a Damien Callinan footy podcast.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Footy is still great even if your team is poo poo.

At least we won't lose to Geelong by less than a kick on Monday.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

The Deadly Hume posted:

Footy is still great even if your team is poo poo.

At least we won't lose to Geelong by less than a kick on Monday.

They will find a loving way to make it a last second kick from Tom Hawkins. Who will, in true Tom Hawkins fashion, have a ripped jersey.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Yeah probably.

"Gallant performance" yes but still a donut when it comes to premiership points.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
oscar mcdonald dropped along with tim smith, sam frost and tom bugg coming in along with spencer in place of gawn.

one thing i really noticed about oscar against geelong (particularly when he found himself next to hawkins) is that he really hasnt put on a lot of size over the preseason, he looked tiny next to geelongs key forwards. granted, most key forwards are bigger than modern key defenders, but the difference was really big.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Schlesische posted:

They will find a loving way to make it a last second kick from Tom Hawkins. Who will, in true Tom Hawkins fashion, have a ripped jersey.

The Deadly Hume posted:

Yeah probably.

"Gallant performance" yes but still a donut when it comes to premiership points.
Boo fucken hoo

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Jenkins and McGovern out, Walker and Betts under injury clouds :thumbsup:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snaeksikn posted:

oscar mcdonald dropped along with tim smith, sam frost and tom bugg coming in along with spencer in place of gawn.

one thing i really noticed about oscar against geelong (particularly when he found himself next to hawkins) is that he really hasnt put on a lot of size over the preseason, he looked tiny next to geelongs key forwards. granted, most key forwards are bigger than modern key defenders, but the difference was really big.

Frost coming in is very good. Our forward line is going to be pretty small with Smith out and Pederson not coming in...

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Also a new set of scans this week finally revealed Jenkins has broken ribs as well as cartilage damage, so Cheap Shot Miles really is shaping up as a worthy successor to Knees Mitchell and Good Bloke Hodge.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Thank gently caress for VPNs or I'd have to watch the swimming

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

loving Thursday games, nearly missed my tips again

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
JOM out with a knee issue. Hopefully nothing major. As much as I want the Hawks to win the spoon this year I'd prefer it if they did it with a fit JOM.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
West Coast will win the free kick count by at least 10 tonight.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Periphery posted:

JOM out with a knee issue. Hopefully nothing major. As much as I want the Hawks to win the spoon this year I'd prefer it if they did it with a fit JOM.

Noooooo

Edit: apparently just a knock, should be ok. I'm over it, nobody panic.

realbez fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Apr 13, 2017

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

realbez posted:

Noooooo

Edit: apparently just a knock, should be ok. I'm over it, nobody panic.

Yeah, it's nothing to panic about yet, but from what I've read knocks are potentially a real issue if you've had patella tendon injuries like JOM has.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I suppose that's why they aren't risking anything by playing him. In other news, Sydney aren't looking like breaking the drought

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
i am piss and carlton no play, lachrymose art i

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

TG-Chrono posted:

i am piss and carlton no play, lachrymose art i

:same:

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

what for no footy on telly

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Shmoses posted:

Boo fucken hoo
lol

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Periphery posted:

West Coast will win the free kick count by at least 10 tonight.

Don't worry, the umps will make up for it by gifting goals to Sydney

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

gently caress that was an annoyingly good kick by Kennedy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

I don't want to watch people in a swimming pool while Basil talks about people in a swimming pool :argh:

• Locked thread