Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Mitchell's ankle ouch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
this game is so late, ready for bed

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

TG-Chrono posted:

i am piss and carlton no play, lachrymose art i

shel be bak

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Third times a charm for Hill

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

gently caress me, we really need to stop kicking a goal then letting the opposition straight down the middle to kick a reply within 15 seconds..

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Yeah that's like third in a row or some poo poo

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Pleased with how Vardy is going as well. Would have been good if he grabbed that, but I prefer him over Sinclair

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Weagles should be 5 goals up. They might blow this yet.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

NPR Journalizard posted:

Pleased with how Vardy is going as well. Would have been good if he grabbed that, but I prefer him over Sinclair

Oh for fucks sake

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Hahah what, Sydney player ushers the ball out on a 70m + kick and it's deliberate...

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
It could be argued the player ushering the ball over the line should be pinged for deliberate, as they are deliberately letting the ball go out of play.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Spedman posted:

It could be argued the player ushering the ball over the line should be pinged for deliberate

Yeah!

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Never would've guessed Sydney would be 0-4 after making the GF.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
A reminder, The Warriors (no not that one) premiered on ABC the other day. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feyU9Tr7Ybo

Full season is up on iview, about to check out the first episode now: http://iview.abc.net.au/?WT.z_navMenu=abcNavSites&WT.z_srcSite=&WT.z_link=iview#playing

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

NTRabbit posted:

Also a new set of scans this week finally revealed Jenkins has broken ribs as well as cartilage damage, so Cheap Shot Miles really is shaping up as a worthy successor to Knees Mitchell and Good Bloke Hodge.

I don't know much about medical scans and stuff, but how could it take literally weeks to diagnose broken ribs when you're literally looking for them?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

cmndstab posted:

I don't know much about medical scans and stuff, but how could it take literally weeks to diagnose broken ribs when you're literally looking for them?

Swelling maybe, or tiny hairline stuff? I dunno; damnit stabs, I'm a social media manager, not a doctor :argh:

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

cmndstab posted:

I think this current news story may help you understand how it could happen:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-04-13/acl-injury-outs-giants-defender-for-the-season posted:

GREATER Western Sydney has been dealt another injury blow with defender Matt Buntine ruled out for the season due to an ACL tear that he may have been playing with for years.

Bunting walked off the training track with a slight niggle, but scans revealed he had a partially torn ACL, which was a pre-existing injury.

The 23-year-old will undergo a full conventional knee reconstruction next week.

It caps off a disastrous week for the premiership fancies after veteran midfielder Ryan Griffen and young gun Will Setterfield were both ruled out for 10 weeks with ankle injuries.

"After feeling some discomfort at training on Wednesday, Matt underwent scans to initially investigate what was thought to be a meniscus injury, but these scans revealed a partially torn ACL that appears to be a pre-existing injury," Giants general manager of football Wayne Campbell said.

"This is obviously quite a rare set of circumstances, given there has been no cause to investigate any injury in relation to Matt's knee before this and it appears he's been playing with it for a number of years.

"This is obviously devastating news for Matt and we will now map out the best rehabilitation course for him to return to his best.

"Matt is a person of great integrity and character and has the full support of the entire club during this challenging time."

Buntine played the first two games of this year to bring his career total to 41 from his six years at the club.

Or not.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Periphery posted:

I think this current news story may help you understand how it could happen:

Or not.

One of the ladies drafted by freo had been playing floorball on two torn acls for years without realising it. Was playing really was too.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
What is the rationale for playing today's game
at 4.20 instead of 7.30?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

racing identity posted:

at 4.20 instead of 7.30?

Jesus. probably.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

racing identity posted:

at 4.20 instead of 7.30?

:2bong: :2bong: :2bong:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

racing identity posted:

at 4.20 instead of 7.30?

Jesus says blaze it

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

racing identity posted:

at 4.20 instead of 7.30?

don't want to interfere with prime time telethon or something I guess?

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Can't clash with the swimming

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

--Xxx-420_Blaze_The_Lord-xxX--

edit: I would have turned the telly on at 7:30 and been really confused if I didn't read the thread today

monolithburger fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Apr 14, 2017

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
They probably wanted it to be a more kid friendly event.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Yeah, nothing else happening this afternoon and in the evening is the telethon which they don't want to clash with because this game is helping the RCH too along with the telethon.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
I'm looking forward to watching Norf play Footscray

What a world

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Bont throws ball gets free kick

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Tom Boyd: Hands of concrete, chin of glass.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

racing identity posted:

at 4.20 instead of 7.30?
Mostly the RCH tie-in, but also public transport is beastly on a public holiday even if they put footy trains on.

Also I went to the hospital often as a kid due to a particular condition so I thoroughly support anything that helps the appeal.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Periphery posted:

Tom Boyd: Hands of concrete, chin of glass.

He's got a big shiner sitting on the bench

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
I don't like complaining about rules but the new interpretation of holding the ball is so poo poo and legit makes me like the game less. it seems like there's way less consistency

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

realbez posted:

He's got a big shiner sitting on the bench

Yeah, it was a decent hit, but the hyperbole was better than the truth.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Pure Blonde Premium Mid: we put 67 calories in a bottle of fizzy water.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Dogs are pulling a norf.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

realbez posted:

Pure Blonde Premium Mid: we put 67 calories in a bottle of fizzy water.

Fizzy beer water

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

OK it's early days and we're talking Norf but chances Sydney and Hawthorn will both be stranded 0-4 while everyone else skips off into the distance?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

The Deadly Hume posted:

OK it's early days and we're talking Norf but chances Sydney and Hawthorn will both be stranded 0-4 while everyone else skips off into the distance?

You've got the numbers machine but I'm going to guess the chances are high. Dogs look unconvincing and we won't win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Oh yeah! Thing is, you put the Roos into the equation and you never know what's going to come out.

• Locked thread