Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
testing it now, seems to be dropping 1% every minute. :stare: gonna try and drain it, see how long it takes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Isn't the battery meter kinda fucky? People have talked about it doing things like lasting a while at 1% or dropping quickly for no reason.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Yeah as with most electronics the battery meter is not entirely accurate. I'd suggest if you're worried about battery life turn it on with max settings and let it go from 100 to 0 and compare the times you get to the times that are reported by others.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Isn't that 4-5 hour thing for most, but not all, games.

I definitely remember Breath of the Wild draining your battery in 3 hours being a thing going around on the internet around launch,

tobeannouncd
Oct 2, 2011

The tiger took my family
Battery life is very heavily dependent on the game you're playing. 3-3.5 hours for BotW is about right in my experience, but it almost doubles when I'm playing something like Human Resource Machine.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Yeah 3ish is for Zelda. Stuff like Shovel Knight you're probably looking at like 5+

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Yea I get 3-3.5 hours with BotW, airplane mode on but brightness near max.

You can get a USB C power bank that will charge while playing for like 40 bucks so it's not really an issue.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Andrast posted:

Don't act like methodis leaving this thread (or any thread) wouldn't make it better

Oh that's methodis? No wonder the posts suck donkey cock.

TomVanDam
Apr 25, 2010
Anyone know what time the eshop updates? I'm looking to get Mr shifty but it's still in the coming soon section.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jackbox is out in Australia :swoon:

But I don't have any upcoming parties.. so no need to get it just yet

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

Well I mean it would be nice if this thread was a little less toxic.

There's maybe one post every couple of pages that's remotely negative

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah the problem is every time that happens the usual suspects flip the gently caress out. About a third of them sincerely, a third of them ironically, and a third of them can't tell the difference anymore.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It's perfectly fine to be critical of Nintendo. It's totally normal, especially because Nintendo makes a lot of questionable/dumb decisions, but if every post you make is "wow nintendo bad!!!" maybe it's just...not the thing for you which is also fine

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Do you know what's badrear end and worth mentioning again?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCZYpj-OYrs

New 3D NBA PlaygroundsJam

If they have a 'Jam' ruleset imma be in heaven.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Kashuno posted:

It's perfectly fine to be critical of Nintendo. It's totally normal, especially because Nintendo makes a lot of questionable/dumb decisions, but if every post you make is "wow nintendo bad!!!" maybe it's just...not the thing for you which is also fine

Actually, I think you'll find it is normal to hate a thing and constantly engage in discussions about how much you hate a thing. It should be encouraged to go into most Games threads and talk about how bad whatever game is, page after page. When something cool happens or is announced, tell everyone how cool it actually wasn't. When a game has a section that's too hard, tell everyone it's actually easy, and vice versa. Be contrarian about everything. It makes discussion of a topic actually very good!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011

Takoluka posted:

Actually, I think you'll find it is normal to hate a thing and constantly engage in discussions about how much you hate a thing. It should be encouraged to go into most Games threads and talk about how bad whatever game is, page after page. When something cool happens or is announced, tell everyone how cool it actually wasn't. When a game has a section that's too hard, tell everyone it's actually easy, and vice versa. Be contrarian about everything. It makes discussion of a topic actually very good!

:yikes:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Takoluka posted:

Videogames...are bad!!!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I liked this thread better when it was secretly about amiibo loving

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I mean that's hardly a secret.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for not capitalizing the a

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Phantasium posted:

I mean that's hardly a secret.

overtly*

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

brightness slightly under 50% but automatic still on and wifi is on.

Yeah that doesn't sound right. I have mine the same and had 7% left after 3.5 hours with zelda. Try running it down and giving it a full charge over night (if that still works).

Edit: I don't mind the random hate, but I really wish some self awareness would be displayed and maybe a joke added. You are complaining about you know, videogames on the Internet.

Lobstertainment fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Apr 13, 2017

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
All I know is that I fought an ice rock monster in BotW yesterday and it was fun, plus I am kinda broke and really want all of those new amiibo because things make me feel more whole inside and it kinda stinks. One day... one day...

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

jivjov you are only allowed to get ONE Cloud amiibo

Which version do you get?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Glad I slept for all of that trouble.

Btw Specter knight is super good and feels insanely ninja gaiden

Loving this treasure trove!!!!!!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I thought it felt more Mega Man X.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Infinitum posted:

jivjov you are only allowed to get ONE Cloud amiibo

Which version do you get?

Default costume for sure. I love the AC outfit, and honestly prefer it...but I want my amiibo to match the default costumes.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I'm gonna silently judge anyone who gets the AC Cloud amiibo and not the original FF7 Cloud amiibo

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I want both.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Specter Knight is my favorite Shovel Knight campaign so far by a considerable margin.

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I really want to start this but Boi has distracted me from finishing the Plague knight campaign. Videogaammeess!!!

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
i want a kingdom hearts cloud amiibo

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Which Bayonetta amiibo am I gonna get :ohdear:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

*stares into mirror and holds amiibo aloft*
Jivjov...
JIVJOV
JIVJOV!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Infinitum posted:

*stares into mirror and holds amiibo aloft*
Jivjov...
JIVJOV
JIVJOV!

What up fam? Wanna go get a burger?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mr Shifty - 6/10 on Destructoid

Hotline Miami this ain't
(Just release Hotline Miami on the Switch)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Lobstertainment posted:

I really want to start this but Boi has distracted me from finishing the Plague knight campaign. Videogaammeess!!!

Yes?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Man I just really want to play Wargroove. Medieval Advance Wars is a nice change from the 3 or 4 Fire Emblems floating around now. NBA Playgrounds also looks insanely fun with the NBA Jam gameplay and the weird RPG card collecting poo poo.

Has NIS or Vanillaware said anything specific about the Switch? I love NIS's weird little games on Vita and would love stuff like Grand Kingdom or any of Vanillaware's games on it. I just really want ALL the quirky Vita devs to get moving on the Switch.

Infinitum posted:

Hotline Miami this ain't

If anything is going to be the next Hotline Miami hybrid it'll be Ruiner, which sadly isn't launching on Switch but it's a Devolver joint so I hope it does someday

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Infinitum posted:

Hotline Miami this ain't

Hotline Miami too violent. It looks like you take everyone down non-lethally in this, which is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I was looking at Mr. Shifty in the eshop last night, thinking about buying it.

parallelodad posted:

Hotline Miami too violent. It looks like you take everyone down non-lethally in this, which is good.

Stop posting in my threads, mom

• Locked thread