Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

precision posted:

Man speccing Asari Sentinel with max Tech Armor, Energy Drain, and Offensive Biotics with an Equalizer using any ammo mod (but especially Cryo or Incinerate) and Juggernaut Shield is an unstoppable force of death and ruin in melee and burst damage both :black101:

I hadn't used ammo mods until yesterday and wow using a Charger with anything that can prime tech combos is pretty great. I used disruptor ammo then charged into everything and it only took a handful of bullets to set up. Since I already let off pot shots inbetween cooldowns and punches it led to actually useful combos. It took 4 shots from the Disciple to prime though so less useful for that.

I have thermal clip storage, biotic amplifier, and juggernaut shield and I haven't seen a good reason to not just put the shield on every character yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I want to ask here again, because I have yet to see anyone else report it.
When soloing with my Vanguard, with no ammo, somehow charge or nova (I'm not sure which yet) is priming for cryo explosions. It's loving bizarre.
Has anyone else seen this happen?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Two Finger posted:

When soloing with my Vanguard, with no ammo, somehow charge or nova (I'm not sure which yet) is priming for cryo explosions. It's loving bizarre.

Are you hitting those little explosive containers with charge or nova too? Some of them explode and prime fire combos, but others are full of nitrogen or something and prime cryo instead. They also respawn so you can do laps around the map and set up something if you need one in a pinch.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Two Finger posted:

I've had this happen with an asari adept, I'm not sure if it was the annihilation field or the throw

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

Are you hitting those little explosive containers with charge or nova too? Some of them explode and prime fire combos, but others are full of nitrogen or something and prime cryo instead. They also respawn so you can do laps around the map and set up something if you need one in a pinch.

I'm actually not sure. I have some time tomorrow so I will do some testing and try and isolate it, maybe get a video of it happening. Good point though.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
It's definitely caused by different powers because I like to take out all the explosive barrels in the first round so they don't gently caress me up later

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Nooo, that means I can't do my hobo-priming when I'm out of ammo mods.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

They also respawn so you can do laps around the map and set up something if you need one in a pinch.

Yeah, but if this is true, that may be having an effect. I'm honestly not sure if it's the barrels or not - it might be - I really need to do some actual proper testing to see if it's the case or not.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Two Finger posted:

Yeah, but if this is true, that may be having an effect. I'm honestly not sure if it's the barrels or not - it might be - I really need to do some actual proper testing to see if it's the case or not.

Something else might be as well but I know for a fact those little tanks can prime if you shoot them or if they're in the blast radius of a power, I do it all the time. Cobra RPGs prime fire combos too, in fact.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

Cobra RPGs prime fire combos too, in fact.

The fact that you know this is all kinds of wrong.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Two Finger posted:

The fact that you know this is all kinds of wrong.

It wasn't really a fun thing to learn when there was a Hydra standing in the extraction zone. :v:

Bruc
May 30, 2006
They just released the new equipment for the week and it's the AR/pistol damage one. Sadly it's only 10%, I was really hoping it would be a fairly notable amount to make guns a bit more worthwhile but alas.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I can't loving wait for them to nerf juggernaut shield it's going to rule

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

moist turtleneck posted:

Am now taking bets whether it goes down to 25% or 10% extra melee damage

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

75% does seem high when everything else is 15-25%. I understand wanting to give it a little bit extra to compensate for the lack of Ranks on melee, but they probably overshot their goal.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Apr 13, 2017

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

moist turtleneck posted:

They won't, but they'll nerf melee in general and never bring the Juggernaut Shield back so those of us who already have it will be despised by everyone else :smug:

Skippy McPants posted:

75% does seem high when everything else is 15-25%. I understand wanting to give it a little bit extra to compensate for the lack of Ranks on melee, but they probably overshot their goal.

Well also the Juggie Shield is a Rare Equip and the other two are Uncommon, presumably they intend to release more Equip that's better than "carry more bulletts"

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Bruc posted:

They just released the new equipment for the week and it's the AR/pistol damage one. Sadly it's only 10%, I was really hoping it would be a fairly notable amount to make guns a bit more worthwhile but alas.

I mean it would be way better if everything was just worthwhile out of the box instead of having a huge amount of Objectively Better number increases involved (right now a gun X with a barrel X and gear amp does 55% more damage than a gun I that a new player would have, which is a massive difference, and that's not even considering the way they designed rarity to correlate with quality). I'd rather they make these kinds of increases small and just substantially improve how well things perform out of the box. I don't believe your ability to kill poo poo in a satisfying length of time in an action game should be gated by how much grinding you've done. But that philosophy doesn't sell microtransaction loot boxes.

This is going to especially suck for new players because they can no longer get 75% melee damage gear, effectively walling them off from one of the two best ways of getting poo poo done quickly for a month or however long it takes for the juggernaut shield to cycle back in.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
Is there really no way to set name tags in game on PC other than using that stupid app for your phone?

Also, my app shows a bunch more equipment other than Juggernaut Shields and biotic amp.. but ingame it only shows those two in the item store, am I missing something?

gently caress the UI in this game is so bad.. even strike teams for % success seems so obscure..

I logged into single player just to claim my 200 rewards and that took like 40 minutes and I'm not even sure what retard designed the inventory system but its so horribly bad.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The equipment isn't available all at once.

So far they've released the shield, amp, and a spare ammo increasing item.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Is there really no way to set name tags in game on PC other than using that stupid app for your phone?

Also, my app shows a bunch more equipment other than Juggernaut Shields and biotic amp.. but ingame it only shows those two in the item store, am I missing something?

gently caress the UI in this game is so bad.. even strike teams for % success seems so obscure..

I logged into single player just to claim my 200 rewards and that took like 40 minutes and I'm not even sure what retard designed the inventory system but its so horribly bad.

I opened like 40 loot boxes that amounted to maybe 2000 bux.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Skippy McPants posted:

With the jug shield I can charge + punch + shoot shotgun + punch to kill a gold mook.

Without it I have to charge + punch + shoot shotgun + punch to kill them. It's hell. So overpowered.

Bruc
May 30, 2006

Digirat posted:

I mean it would be way better if everything was just worthwhile out of the box instead of having a huge amount of Objectively Better number increases involved (right now a gun X with a barrel X and gear amp does 55% more damage than a gun I that a new player would have, which is a massive difference, and that's not even considering the way they designed rarity to correlate with quality). I'd rather they make these kinds of increases small and just substantially improve how well things perform out of the box. I don't believe your ability to kill poo poo in a satisfying length of time in an action game should be gated by how much grinding you've done. But that philosophy doesn't sell microtransaction loot boxes.

This is going to especially suck for new players because they can no longer get 75% melee damage gear, effectively walling them off from one of the two best ways of getting poo poo done quickly for a month or however long it takes for the juggernaut shield to cycle back in.

Yea I agree the increases should be smaller, I was hoping it would be a bit more just due to how big the Jugg shield bonus is though, just as a bandaid fix to how underwhelming guns feel for the most part (though I do think this can be overstated at times, I definitely feel like guns are decent when I am using my solider). At least I unlocked the Duelist last night.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Yeah, things are so out of line right now that I would not mind some bandaids, whether or not the underlying problems themselves are ever fixed (they probably won't be).

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
You probably all know this by now, but using two ammo consumables doubles the damage your weapon does. Makes some guns actually useful!

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010
It's likely that the equipment items were like this from the beginning and they can't change the numbers on them without a patch. And they didn't think about buffing it last patch because they probably don't know how much to buff it by without potentially causing weapons to be overpowered down the road.

I'd rather they make small increments rather than one huge change which they might have to nerf later.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Gasoline posted:

You probably all know this by now, but using two ammo consumables doubles the damage your weapon does. Makes some guns actually useful!

I don't follow. You can put two disruptor ammo I's on at the same time and it will double damage to shields and robots? Or something else?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
We'll see how it goes but right now I'm not finding it too hard to have fun with the MP. Like, I'm about to go play some instead of playing more Persona 5 so clearly there's something there, for me at least. Right now I'm having a good time trying out different playstyles, like I posted last night I've been trying out a close-quarters Cryo-blast Asari Sentinel build.

Ammo consumables are good and should frankly be considered mandatory on Gold if you're using any non-Sniper weapon, being able to interrupt a Berserker's flak cannon with a detonation can be a real hassle saver.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

Digirat posted:

I don't follow. You can put two disruptor ammo I's on at the same time and it will double damage to shields and robots? Or something else?

You put on two different ammo consumables, one in each slot. Only one of them will show up, the other will pretend to be unequipped, except it doesn't unequip and now the game thinks you shoot two bullets at once.

Here's a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpZtvYFo4fY

Gasoline fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Apr 13, 2017

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Gasoline posted:

You put on two different ammo consumables, one in each slot. Only one of them will show up, the other will pretend to be unequipped, except it doesn't unequip and now the game thinks you shoot two bullets at once.

Here's a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpZtvYFo4fY

This is the best and worst thing.

Have you tested it with shotguns? Or the falcon??

I am so sad I'm at work and can't play with this right now.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Holy poo poo.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Digirat posted:

Holy poo poo.

Working as intended.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Turns out all the guns are poo poo because they expect you to do this.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Gasoline posted:

You can do the exact same with two experience boosters, Experience booster I and experience booster II.

It's pretty broken :)

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

TipsyMcStagger posted:

You can do the exact same with two experience boosters, Experience booster I and experience booster II.

I wish it'd give me any of those. :argh:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Too bad XP Boosters are cursed and will make you crash in round 6

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

ETA on the patch that fixes this while nerfing the zalkin for some reason?

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Does it actually only eat one of the boosters? Or is this just a way to get the exp from two boosters in one match?

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Digirat posted:

ETA on the patch that fixes this while nerfing the zalkin for some reason?

Does it actually only eat one of the boosters? Or is this just a way to get the exp from two boosters in one match?

Hmm I'll try it out tonight.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I just completed an Apex Mission and it crashed out to the main screen after extraction. It marked the mission as complete but I didn't get anything for it.

gently caress is this game buggy as poo poo. :(

The Talon is in fact absurdly strong compared to the normal shotguns and the double ammo poo poo makes it feel vaguely decent on Silver. Asari Sentinel is also very fun but who the gently caress wanted to bind Throw to double bumpers and Backlash to LB?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Wait, can you bind your powers how you like in mp or is there a default?
Cuz I like playing with admittedly hosed up control schemes and this'll be a learning curve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Error 404 posted:

Wait, can you bind your powers how you like in mp or is there a default?
Cuz I like playing with admittedly hosed up control schemes and this'll be a learning curve.
You can rebind 1-3 to something else in the keybindings but you cannot drag your abilities around on the bar.

Which reminds me that I rebound alt to be my push to talk key and I haven't changed shoulders in a couple weeks as a result. Ha. I should fix that.

• Locked thread