Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
All I and Sanchez I think, going off how much fellating they give on MOTD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
Sanchez has been poo poo and moody for half the season. I'm surprised he's on the list tbh.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
no arsenal player should be anywhere near an award shortlist except granit xhaka for worst signing.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Worst tantrum for sure

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
http://www.espnfc.us/story/3102798/romelu-lukaku-wont-sign-a-new-everton-contract-ronald-koeman

quote:

Lukaku's future at Everton is in doubt following an interview he gave last month in which he said he has already decided his plans for the end of the season.

Speaking ahead of Everton's Premier League game against Burnley at the weekend, Koeman said the Belgium international, who is contracted until 2019, will not sign a new deal making a transfer a strong possibility.

When asked if he was aware of the striker's plans he added: "No. He told me he won't sign a new contract."

RIP Everton.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

When he left us I though Everton wasn't as big of a step up as he should be taking. At least he got some decent playing time though.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Hmm turns out giving an Albanian millions of dollars might not be the best plan now that we've seen how Januzaj, Xhaka, and Gourcuff ended up

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
Zlatan should get it

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

saihttam posted:

Zlatan should get it

He should.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
yeah for bravely leading Man U to 6th place rofl

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Reprisal posted:

yeah for bravely leading Man U to 6th place rofl

Uh, they're in fifth, idiot.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
for now

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Kante for best player.
Alli for young player.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Young player should really be 21 and under.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

vyelkin posted:

Young player should really be 21 and under.

Wow that's really ageist of you.

birds
Jun 28, 2008

dumb awards. very anti-city. SAD!

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Norwich is in the Championship

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Max Verstappen should get it.

ahellfish
Jun 3, 2003

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Who do you support mysterious lurker ahellfish don't be shy

birds
Jun 28, 2008

brocked posted:

Norwich is in the Championship

where they belong :mad:

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
this all sounds about right

quote:

The Sun has suspended Kelvin MacKenzie after Merseyside police said they were investigating a column in which he compared the footballer Ross Barkley, who is of mixed race, to a gorilla.

The paper’s former editor, who writes a weekly column, claimed he was not surprised that the Everton player, whose grandfather is Nigerian, was punched in a nightclub because he was similar to an animal in a zoo.

The paper removed the article from their website on Friday afternoon and later suspended MacKenzie. News UK, the owners of the Sun, said: “The views expressed by Kelvin MacKenzie about the people of Liverpool were wrong, unfunny and are not the view of the paper. The Sun apologises for the offence caused. The paper was unaware of Ross Barkley’s heritage and there was never any slur intended. Mr MacKenzie is currently on holiday and the matter will be fully investigated on his return.”

Merseyside police confirmed they had launched an investigation in relation to the column after receiving an online complaint from a member of the public alleging that “comments written about a third party constituted a racial hate crime”.

lol

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
It's a really weird one this. You have to assume that Kelvin MacKenzie of all people is media-savvy as gently caress, but it's so obviously a misjudged and oddly hate-filled hit piece on a young player that doesn't have a bad reputation, and the city of Liverpool itself (again). Obviously he knows that he's never going to be anything but a hate figure in Liverpool so is happy to put the boot in to appeal to team rest of his audience. But who does he think is reading that and loving it, and not going to be appalled by it? The only conclusion is that this ugly, small-minded and racist column was written for its target audience, Manchester United fans.

Hoops fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Apr 14, 2017

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Hoops posted:

It's a really weird one this. You have to assume that Kelvin MacKenzie of all people is media-savvy as gently caress, but it's so obviously a misjudged and oddly hate-filled hit piece on a young player that doesn't have a bad reputation, and the city of Liverpool itself (again). Obviously he knows that he's never going to be anything but a hate figure in Liverpool so is happy to put the boot in to appeal to team rest of his audience. But who does he think is reading that and loving it, and not going to be appalled by it? The only conclusion is that this ugly, small-minded and racist column was written for its target audience, Manchester United fans.

Source your quotes.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Kelvin MacKenzie is an absolute oval office and anyone that gives him a mouthpiece is a oval office by association.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
are you saying rupert murdoch is a oval office?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
While his statements about Barkley were probably racist the parts about liverpool are spot on

that said letting third parties report mean words to the police is kinda awful

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Lol you can only compare people to apes if they are 100% white. One drop rule.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
to be honest barkley is a loving troglodyte but any way of getting mackenzie his comeuppance is worth it

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

JFairfax posted:

to be honest barkley is a loving troglodyte but any way of getting mackenzie his comeuppance is worth it

He does have hollow dead eyes too i wouldn't trust him

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
I don't think the heritage was common knowledge so there doesn't seem to be a case to answer here, and I speak as someone with Barkley in his fantasy team. Fantasy football I mean, nothing sexual.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I agree that Barkley and most English prospects are like gorillas because the British youth system prizes physical attributes over mental competency and doesn't ever seem to want to fix massive flaws in their games for fear of damaging their footballing "instinct".

Barkley & Stones are the same fuckups they were as 18 year olds. Alli will always be a dirty little poo poo.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/apr/15/ryan-giggs-to-argue-his-genius-before-high-court-divorce-law

quote:

Ryan Giggs must follow in the footsteps of a bin-liner entrepreneur and convince a divorce hearing of something that Manchester United fans take for granted: that he is a genius.

lol he's losing half his money

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
John Stones cost £47.5m before add-ons such as IQ Booster and Cloak of Coordination.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Gorillas are beautiful and intelligent creatures don't listen to the nasty man chuggo

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

i assume the defendants argument will be 'david moyes got picked ahead of him'.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Good.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Toss Barkley looks and acts like a gorilla.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Everton have banned the Sun.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39608149

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
where's the mdt?

• Locked thread