Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Ego-bot posted:

This might get me yelled at by people here, but when the black guy accidentally overhears what's on the tape recorder and Michael Mckean starts freaking out, that was planned to happen, right?

Emmanuel (sp?) - Yeah. Watching that I thought Chuck hosed up, but the end of the scene it think the it's clear Chuck wanted it to happen. I think he wants to tip Jimmy off so he can catch Jimmy in the act of stealing it or something.

Re: Tracker chat: The only thing I didn't quite get by the end was why he had to drain down the battery, but its sort of easy to make a loose guess and that summary cleared it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Chuck, after years of having to insist his illness isn't fake, is now regularly faking symptoms to manipulate people. What a class act.

EDIT: So was mike draining the tracker battery so that chuck could have a dead battery for his ploy?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Ditocoaf posted:

EDIT: So was mike draining the tracker battery so that chuck could have a dead battery for his ploy?

No. They use different models of batteries.
:goonsay:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

GobiasIndustries posted:

Holy poo poo people the tracker thing is so goddamn simple

This is why Trump is president now.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

I hope future episodes have a slightly obtuse procedure that is ultimately irrelevant to what it accomplishes.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

SeANMcBAY posted:

This is why Trump is president now.

Yes trackers on a tv show are a clear metric.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Ditocoaf posted:

No! You're going to confuse the simple folk! We had it all straightened out!

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Is there any possibility whatsoever that Fring and Chuck could have a scene together? I think it'd be dope

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
"Ugh all these lights"

"Enjoy your meal sir"

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Last Chance posted:

Is there any possibility whatsoever that Fring and Chuck could have a scene together? I think it'd be dope

His plan was to make a chicken restaurant so he backed Gus to totally nail Jimmy, hes the guy that killed himself in the bathroom during breaking bad.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

I can't loving believe it! I got cheddar cheese and pimentos in my refrigerator and I haven't thought about making pimento cheese!
I'll rectify this situation tomorrow.

I went out and bought some pimento cheese spread because of Mike. Now I want some pistachio nuts. And a PBR.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The tracker was speaking in Mike's voice.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

The tracker was speaking in Mike's voice.

But why is Mike tracking Jesse

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Longbaugh01 posted:

But, doesn't Kim already know at least that Jimmy did something underhanded to get her the case and she just doesn't want to know the details?

Yeah, but that would be Chuck forcing the details on her so she can't live in wilful ignorance..

I do think it's more likely he's trying to set up Jimmy to get caught doing something he can't talk/fake his way out of though, just brought it up as another possibility. Whatever the case, Chuck is basically running a con/muddying his so-called integrity because he thinks the ends justify the means - the end in this case being that he's sick of Jimmy using the ends to justify the means!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Chuck is just making Howard see that he needs to drop Chuck like a sack of bricks.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I want Ernesto to take Chuck's advice and not tell Jimmy about the tape. Just so we get to see how Chuck reacts the next time Ernesto comes over.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

So do we think Chuck made a duplicate tape to gently caress Jimmy over when he tries to destroy the original?

Naylenas
Sep 11, 2003

I was out of my head so it was out of my hands

Jimmy's new mural is gonna be the Statue of Liberty

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

theflyingexecutive posted:

So do we think Chuck made a duplicate tape to gently caress Jimmy over when he tries to destroy the original?

I’m conflicted.

Yes because that’s the sensible thing to do.

No because :lol: at handling two tape recorders.

He’s bluffing anyway, so he doesn’t really need a second copy.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'm assuming he wants to catch Jimmy in the act of stealing the tape / destroying evidence?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Jimmy's going to steal the tape and record it so it sounds like he corrected the address and Chuck changed it back to the wrong one.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
It'd be cathartic as gently caress if Jimmy outfoxed Chuck trying to outfox him.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Chuck set up Ernesto?

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Tenzarin posted:

Chuck set up Ernesto?
I suspect his plan is to have Jimmy try to steal the cassette, by illegally entering his house. Petty crimes like Breaking in and thievery are better/easier charges for him to get Jimmy's license removed. He is using Ernesto to inform Jimmy of the cassette existance.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Apr 13, 2017

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

Chuck set up Ernesto?

No, Mike set up Chuck! and Howard set up Tuco.

e: Kim set up Jimmy

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

fridge corn posted:

He was eating pistachios you moron. loving idiot.

:golfclap:

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Chuck's plan is totally to get Jimmy to try to steal the tape, catch him in the act, and use that as proof that the tape isn't him humoring Chuck and is in fact genuine.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Tenzarin posted:

Chuck set up Ernesto?

He definitely did. It's still up in the air what his plan is exactly, but his poo poo-eating grin and tong flip pretty much confirms he has some scheme in mind that involves Ernesto "accidentally" hearing the tape.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

My theory is that the Pokemon go type game Mike is using that knockoff gameboy for is popular with the Mexican cartels, and he's practicing so he can get in with them. The USB stick he got from the doctor is probably :filez:

Strawman fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Apr 13, 2017

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Chuck's plan is totally to get Jimmy to try to steal the tape, catch him in the act, and use that as proof that the tape isn't him humoring Chuck and is in fact genuine.

That's even less eligible than the tape itself.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

My money's on trying to trick Jimmy into a B&E, or getting Jimmy to explain everything to Ernesto and then guilting it out of poor Ernie.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Doesn't Jimmy have keys to Chuck's house? The tape would have to be kept at HHN for Jimmy to need to B&E.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

So when did Chuck switch tape recorders? This show is so confusing.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

Doesn't Jimmy have keys to Chuck's house? The tape would have to be kept at HHN for Jimmy to need to B&E.

No, the locks got changed at the end of last season. There was a scene in this episode where Jimmy had to wait for Chuck to unlock the door.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

I genuinely hope that Ernesto does what Chuck actually told him and thinks nothing of the tape. Chuck getting furious while going to increasingly contorted lengths to bait Jimmy would be pretty amusing.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

King Hong Kong posted:

I genuinely hope that Ernesto does what Chuck actually told him and thinks nothing of the tape. Chuck getting furious while going to increasingly contorted lengths to bait Jimmy would be pretty amusing.

I'd be happy if Chuck spent the whole season doing this. Going to greater and greater lengths while looking even crazier.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

All he really has to do is show Kim the tape. She'd probably ditch Jimbo and voluntarily sacrifice Mesa Verde.

That wouldn't mend Chuck's ego though so he won't do that.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

mallratcal posted:

I'd be happy if Chuck spent the whole season doing this. Going to greater and greater lengths while looking even crazier.

This is what I want to see. Like the season of The Shield with Forest Whitaker's character.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I told my photographer friend to watch this. She texted almost immediately upon starting S1 that she was impressed at how the first Cinnabon scene was shot and she's still impressed at the camera work several episodes in.

This show is seriously the best cinematography on TV in god-knows-how-long, maybe ever. BB was good but BCS has obviously honed the craft further regardless of if you think the stories stack up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I'm both an idiot and a trash person and people did not understand the tracker thing for multiple pages? Wow.

• Locked thread