Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Yeahhh Troop deth xd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

BgRdMchne posted:

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/us-and-world-news/248362613-story

The Green Beret died a few days ago. This was retaliation for it.

im going to disregard this factual post and others should do the same

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

BgRdMchne posted:

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/us-and-world-news/248362613-story

The Green Beret died a few days ago. This was retaliation for it.

trump killed a green beret a few days ago

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Mr. Smooth Gorilla Brain got trolled by getfiscal

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

paranoid randroid posted:

hey guys Sean Spicer might be free soon

"at least we dont gas our passengers like I learned hitler did to the jews"

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

murked by dragon posted:

trump became president when he vaporized that green beret with a 300 million dollar bomb

"He's looking down on us, and I think he's happy, because, I think, he just broke a record!"

*applause from both sides of the aisle in Congress, rapturous praise from Van Jones*

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

tenderjerk posted:

well, they did give one big detail on what the approximate value of a green beret is in explosive ordinance

ordnance*

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Joementum posted:

a significant number of my posts aren't included in my postcount

shouldve thought about that before getting so attached to yr baloogan alt

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Louisgod posted:

it's cool we can spend $16m on a dead marine but can't for living ones.

Dead marines are better for the world though

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

murked by dragon posted:

trump became president when he vaporized that green beret with a 300 million dollar bomb

I saluted reflexively when I read this post

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I'm probably only at 16,000 if you include the hilltoxxed Goatman_sacks

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Louisgod posted:

it's cool we can spend $16m on a dead marine but can't for living ones.

Green Berets are army. They're worth more than marines.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

euphronius posted:

Why was bomb 300 million

$416 mil with inflation and $? for storage

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

“Trump, a reluctant hand-shaker who has been known to chew out double-dippers at parties, told CNN that the fast-food chains’ cleanliness is part of their appeal,” Sietsema wrote. ” ‘One bad hamburger, and you can destroy McDonald’s,’ said Trump, ever the businessman with an eye on the bottom line.”

trump, the germaphobic businessman with over 3000 lawsuits who doesnt understand franchising or lawsuits or what restaurants have the highest hygeien standards

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Guy Goodbody posted:

Circumvented the problems I'm describing? How do you circumvent the fact that the distance between stars is unimaginably vast? Interstellar travel is so impractical, it's practically impossible.

The thing about space is, it's so big every pocket of space is basically a hidden pocket of space. If aliens had sent their own Voyager out into space, and it had passed just two or three star systems away from Earth, that's far enough away that it wouldn't have been able to detect us.

And the conditions for life are perfect on Earth because the life on Earth evolved to find those conditions perfect. For all we know the aliens could be talking about how life could never have evolved on their planet without the perfect conditions of ammonia oceans and methane atmosphere

it's actually really difficult to find a chemical pathway that produces more energy than the ATP pathway that relies on oxygen as its catalyst. i actually ended up plying one of my chemistry professors in college with liquor and rowdy talk about sci-fi to try to imagine up a chemical pathway that could get even close to the ATP pathway's energy output and after about 5 hours of increasingly sober work we couldn't even get something that looked plausible on paper. this dude had been teaching organic chemistry for 20 years at one of those lovely state colleges that require you to do research on top of your teaching responsibilities. the best thing we came up with was an ionic pathway that involved sodium and could MAYBE nurture crystalline life, but said crystalline life would almost definitely not get macroscopic.

until we come up with some higher mystery of chemistry and observe nature spontaneously exploiting this mystery, we're forced to conclude that extraterrestrial life is probably oxygen-dependent just based on lack of theoretical possibilities.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Apr 13, 2017

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Bethamphetamine posted:

Do third world dictators exist because of conditions in the third world, or are third world dictators the product of a very specific personality type that devolves into a dictator as a natural progression of being in power and being profoundly insecure, paranoid, and incompetent?

Obama calls it the bubble, and power turns everyone at least a little crazy.

Trump was always crazy, so like its two positives, it negates the whole thing. We're the insane ones.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

It's alright soldier, President Trump is sending in air support to help get you out of there [cartoon sound of a bomb dropping]

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
MOAB?

I barely knew her!

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 359 days!

ordnance, materiel...stop making normal words dumb, military

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

what're the chances Trump just said to drop "the biggest, most terrific bomb"

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

DogonCrook posted:

Apparently a green beret died where that moab went off, but they arent giving any other details yet.

He knew well the hazards of his chosen profession.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

BgRdMchne posted:

Green Berets are army. They're worth more than marines.

zegermans posted:

Dead marines are better for the world though

nice assist, thank you.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

cumshitter posted:

trump, the germaphobic businessman with over 3000 lawsuits who doesnt understand franchising or lawsuits or what restaurants have the highest hygeien standards

Isn't Trump Tower basically in disrepair in a bunch of places too? I remember reading an article where some of the balconies were falling apart, the janitor closets were rusting out, etc.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Trump ded, ate his own food

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

tenderjerk posted:

ordnance, materiel...stop making normal words dumb, military

loving morons can't even spell "duck" right.:sad:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Instead of campaign rallies I think they are going to do weekly spectacular ordinance explosions

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/umairh/status/852593115529703425

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

"I authorized this bombing in the sense that I told the military to do whatever they want to always because my heads hurts when I try to make decisions." - Donald Trump

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Hopkins FBI posted:

Congrats to Trump's new National Security Advisor:

https://twitter.com/drileater/status/852582165812580353

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

That DICK! posted:

what're the chances Trump just said to drop "the biggest, most terrific bomb"

looks like 50-50 at this point with "had no idea at all"

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

lol this is what i love the most about this era

every day is more insane.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Joementum posted:

Mr. Smooth Gorilla Brain got trolled by getfiscal

hahahahahahaha

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
there will not remain
a single unbroken
american brain

Serf
May 5, 2011

haha people at work are freaking out about the moab

call me back when they drop a nuke, geez

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 359 days!
i hate that this world is a baloogan world and i somehow live in it

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

:wrong:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Baloogan posted:

lol this is what i love the most about this era

every day is more insane.

i also "love" it except i dont want to die

Tingfinder
Oct 21, 2013

Coolguye posted:

it's actually really difficult to find a chemical pathway that produces more energy than the ATP pathway that relies on oxygen as its catalyst. i actually ended up plying one of my chemistry professors in college with liquor and rowdy talk about sci-fi to try to imagine up a chemical pathway that could get even close to the ATP pathway's energy output and after about 5 hours of increasingly sober work we couldn't even get something that looked plausible on paper. this dude had been teaching organic chemistry for 20 years at one of those lovely state colleges that require you to do research on top of your teaching responsibilities. the best thing we came up with was an ionic pathway that involved sodium and could MAYBE nurture crystalline life, but said crystalline life would almost definitely not get macroscopic.

until we come up with some higher mystery of chemistry and observe nature spontaneously exploiting this mystery, we're forced to conclude that extraterrestrial life is probably oxygen-dependent just based on lack of theoretical possibilities.

Sounds like you had an amazing chemistry teacher. Mine disagreed with me when i said that earth has an expiration date. Guess he doesn't know that suns eventually burn out, but at least he still gave me an A.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

tenderjerk posted:

i hate that this world is a baloogan world and i somehow live in it

is it a random world? or did u planet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/people/status/852572127500922880