Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Quick someone dig up the relevant trump tweet about this bombing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Careful Drums posted:

he already did, he said 'gently caress it let's try healthcare again'

"Hmmm, do I take the time to learn about another aspect of the job I solemnly swore to execute to the best of my abilities, or do I bash my head against this brick wall that already has a cave painting like imprint of my facial spray tan?"

*Rhythmic thumping heard from inside Oval Office, a bust of Andrew Jackson rattles on a pedestal in the hall*

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/852318522139168769

🤔

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

congrats on 500 pages of wholesome lols mr president

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWejiXvd-P8&t=8s

Tingfinder
Oct 21, 2013
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-afghanistan-bomb-idUSKBN17F27U

U.S. uses 'mother of all bombs' for first time in Afghanistan

edit: too slow, you guys are on top of things, lol

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Hell yeah! Obama's economic policies are working, the tourism industry is going to implode and Jeff Sessions is going to start treating misdemeanors as felonies!

#MAGA

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
best part is that there are countless americans in front of their TV atm going "HELL YEAH TRUMP LAUNCHED THE MOAB, THE MOTHER OF ALL BOMBS!" "NUKE THEM BACK TO THE STONEAGE TRUMP"! "USA USA USA USA!" this provides endless lols to me, americans are super gross lol

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Dongattack posted:

best part is that there are countless americans in front of their TV atm going "HELL YEAH TRUMP LAUNCHED THE MOAB, THE MOTHER OF ALL BOMBS!" "NUKE THEM BACK TO THE STONEAGE TRUMP"! "USA USA USA USA!" this provides endless lols to me, americans are super gross lol

america: a rebel nation built by slaves and founded by prudes

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Strategic Tea posted:

The only thing that produced more lols than the clueless Brexit leaders is the absolute hysteria of the remainers

UK lol exports are booming thanks to the weaker pound

is a weaker pound good or bad? imma ponder this, maybe give you a call later tonight if I can't figure it out

badguyfromthegame
Jan 23, 2014

America wins again. I am still the president.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Lucky Guy posted:

is a weaker pound good or bad? imma ponder this, maybe give you a call later tonight if I can't figure it out

Going off of past precedent, it's only going take you ten minutes to find out.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

"signed off". You know exactly what that means, Trump wanted to use the biggest toy he could without starting a nuclear war and the general was like gently caress it, whatever, I don't care, drop your $16M toy on this ISIS tent we found in the middle of nowhere.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Three Olives posted:

"signed off". You know exactly what that means, Trump wanted to use the biggest toy he could without starting a nuclear war and the general was like gently caress it, whatever, I don't care, drop your $16M toy on this ISIS tent we found in the middle of nowhere.

Nope, from what I understand the guy who signed off on it was the one who decided to use the bomb. Trump wasn't notified.

But of course Trump told them they could use it.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
i wish we had footage of the MOAB going off, not gonna lie

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

turn off the TV posted:

Nope, from what I understand the guy who signed off on it was the one who decided to use the bomb. Trump wasn't notified.

I refuse to believe that Trump wasn't watching a live feed of the bomb being dropped while masturbating.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Three Olives posted:

I refuse to believe that Trump wasn't watching a live feed of the bomb being dropped while masturbating.

He might have been eating cake at the time.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
So it's a huge bomb, great

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
ISIS tunnels :rolleyes:
Who still believes they actually bother digging in the crap

Tingfinder
Oct 21, 2013

Dongattack posted:

"Who needs science when you already have nukes?" - US far-right

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Can't wait for the casualty report!

We successfully took out two ISIS members, and 3 ISIS members in training (read: children).

Millions well spent.

badguyfromthegame
Jan 23, 2014

Finally my favorite bomb from gmod that I set off to kill npcs has been deployed in real life. Sempis Fildeli

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Lucky Guy posted:

It's been a few years since I was learning about monetary policy, but I'll take a run at it. Would appreciate any correction.

A weaker or stronger currency is relativistic (and reflexive in some ways) to other currencies & itself in past value. A weaker currency means the diminished value yields greater potential in foreign exports because the exports are cheaper so there's greater demand in the market & market share increases. A strong currency means that the currency now buys more of the other or past currency value than it did before, but it becomes less desirable over time because there's greater demand, scarcity & it costs more; both in & of itself & the goods & services exchanged for it.

Politicians & people think "strong dollar" policies sound good, but it's not always the case. See Trumpskin.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Oi! A chav nicked me Trump thread

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

turn off the TV posted:

I was reading some article about how we bombed allied Syrian fighters and it mentioned that Trump has let the reins off for the military, so they can probably do whatever they want. In other words, trump probably got a live feed of the bombing to jo to, but the whole exercise was just some general jerking off to bombing a mountain

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Everything is ok now, tillerson apologized to russia about the bombing of syria

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Lodin posted:

Current head of Nato, Jens Stoltenberg is a yuge fan of Civilization. No way Easy D was gonna stump him with his shite handshake.

I'm the completely normal hair part.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Kumo posted:

It's been a few years since I was learning about monetary policy, but I'll take a run at it. Would appreciate any correction.

A weaker or stronger currency is relativistic (and reflexive in some ways) to other currencies & itself in past value. A weaker currency means the diminished value yields greater potential in foreign exports because the exports are cheaper so there's greater demand in the market & market share increases. A strong currency means that the currency now buys more of the other or past currency value than it did before, but it becomes less desirable over time because there's greater demand, scarcity & it costs more; both in & of itself & the goods & services exchanged for it.

Politicians & people think "strong dollar" policies sound good, but it's not always the case. See Trumpskin.

Lol yeah, we live in a world where trump was like "The US dollar is too strong, and that's my fault :grin:"

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Yeah Trump had no idea.

GobiasIndustries posted:

hahaha he really had no idea what happened until they told him
https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/852596088330694656

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Can't wait for the casualty report!

We successfully took out two ISIS members, and 3 ISIS members in training (read: children).

Millions well spent.

Do 't forget the 2 that ISIS was in the process of radicalizing for recruitment (gestating fetuses).

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

I don't usually read american news sources, but is "bomb dropped in war" really a worthy story?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Kumo posted:

Yeah, strong dollar=cheap nintendos, more difficult to export our planes and engines.

Weak dollar=expensive nintendos, easy to sell drugs and poo poo.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Onkel Hedwig posted:

I don't usually read american news sources, but is "bomb dropped in war" really a worthy story?

It gives US media a chance to sloppily fellate Trump. It worked well the last couple of times.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

unpacked robinhood posted:

ISIS tunnels :rolleyes:
Who still believes they actually bother digging in the crap

Lol yeah you tellem watch you crank that soulja boi.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Onkel Hedwig posted:

Easy D got got approval from Hillary for firing missiles at Syria so yeah lol

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

you know what we gotta do next to top it

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

A sophisticated, strong man only drops the biggest bombs

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Onkel Hedwig posted:

It was a really big bomb

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
big bomb, big life

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Dial-a-Dog posted:

I was reading some article about how we bombed allied Syrian fighters and it mentioned that Trump has let the reins off for the military, so they can probably do whatever they want. In other words, trump probably got a live feed of the bombing to jo to, but the whole exercise was just some general jerking off to bombing a mountain

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/isis-terror/u-s-led-coalition-airstrike-killed-18-sdf-fighters-syria-n745986?cid=sm_npd_nn_fb_ma

:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

nooneofconsequence posted:

I'm the completely normal hair part.

lollin' at our president out of the hunger games