Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
From what I've heard hasn't part of the scarcity of the NES Mini been disputes between Nintendo and the physical manufacturer?

A Fancy 400 lbs fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Apr 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

robodex posted:

lmao at Undertale making the list. Toby's said many times he has no plan to port it to other systems, mainly because it'd require a complete rewrite of the game since gamemaker is PC-only

I'm sure a studio could come to him to do it for him unless he's a weirdo that doesn't want to add on to the millions he's already made.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

From what I've heard hasn't part of the scarcity of the NES Mini been disputes between Nintendo and the physical manufacterer?

That sounds like the most logical explanation for it.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
gently caress you Nintendo cancelling the NES Clasic

TerraGoetia
Feb 21, 2011

A cup of spiders.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I'm sure a studio could come to him to do it for him unless he's a weirdo that doesn't want to add on to the millions he's already made.

But how would you use your keyboard to tell Mettaton your favorite thing about him?

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I think it's either of two things: they want to focus entirely on the Switch (so VC news soon) or, they are going to do a NES mini 2.0 for this holiday and are going to build up more stock.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Am I missing something with HD rumble? I've seen a lot of people praising it, but playing BotW, it just feels like a controller vibrating, no different than any rumble I've felt before.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Emron posted:

Am I missing something with HD rumble? I've seen a lot of people praising it, but playing BotW, it just feels like a controller vibrating, no different than any rumble I've felt before.

It's pretty subdued in Zelda.

Get Blaster Master if you want to see somebody just go apeshit with the rumble.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Emron posted:

That's because BOTW doesn't use it at all. I'm still curious what it feels like and I'm not buying 1-2 Switch to find out.

EDIT: Didn't know Blaster Master uses it. I'll check that out when I beat Zelda.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

BotW has pretty tame rumble. Games like Fast RMX and Master Blaster go whole hog. Fast is neat because even if you play with the sound off the rumble provides a ton of feedback on things like acceleration, hitting walls, and puddles that slow you down.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Emron posted:

yeah because Zelda doesn't use it.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

orenronen posted:

One more thing of interest in today's region-free world, two Japanese indie games were announced to come out today. The first two in this video. I don't have the Switch with me so I have no idea if they're out already or not.

Is the second game from Circle Entertainment? It looks like their early 3DS release Witch and Knight. It was a nice game where you had to defend a petrified witch from the enemy attacks collecting enough blood from enemies would wake her up giving you enough power to overcome large hordes of enemies.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I think I read that Mario Kart uses HD Rumble as well. It would be cool if the rumble changed depending on what terrain you were driving over.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Emron posted:

Zelda doesn't utilize HD rumble for whatever reason. The main difference in games that support HD rumble is the fact that there are two motors, both of which are capable of more detail due to their higher max frequency.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I wish my library would finish "processing" 1 2 Switch so that people could rent it and play the thing for free

I'm hold 2 of 4 on this thing, I saw it switch from ordered to processing last week

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I think I read that Mario Kart uses HD Rumble as well. It would be cool if the rumble changed depending on what terrain you were driving over.

Let me know that a blue shell is getting closer to my rear end.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
We won't know the true joy of HD rumble until Senran Kagura: Busty Feel

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

enojy posted:

Zelda doesn't utilize HD rumble for whatever reason. The main difference in games that support HD rumble is the fact that there are two motors, both of which are capable of more detail due to their higher max frequency.

Probably because it started out as a Wii U game.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dr Cheeto posted:

We won't know the true joy of HD rumble until Senran Kagura: Busty Feel

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I'm starting to hate binding of Isaac aa a game to play on my breaks because a good run takes just a little bit longer than when I have to go back to work and I inevitably die as soon as I pick it back up on the next break

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
GameStop - Cloud P2, TP Link
Amazon - Corrin P2, Skyward Sword Link
??? - Bayonetta P2, Majora's Mask Link

Mystery is probably best buy

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I'm glad to hear it's Zelda not using it instead of my hands being broken or whatever.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Had in incredibly lovely week so I'm getting a Switch. gently caress current obligations I wanna Zelda.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Deviant posted:

Well, I understand the basic mechanics, it's just that you have to play a bit differently as Tetris to beat Puyo players, since b2bs and chains are more important.

idk, the time you put into setting up combo rushes or b2bs is time not spent harassing the puyo player

t-spins setups are the meat of skilled Tetris play anyways

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Dugong posted:

Had in incredibly lovely week so I'm getting a Switch. gently caress current obligations I wanna Zelda.

Sorry for your lovely week, but enjoy the poo poo outta Zelda.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

The Nintendo Switch subreddit did a thing a few weeks back asking folks to rank their most desired (unannounced) franchises/games for Switch. They dump the results today I was surprised by the level of polish...

http://imgur.com/a/hgMOX

If there isn't a Switch Monster Hunter announcement at E3 I'm going to be pretty pissed.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dugong posted:

Hi Dugong

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Dugong posted:

You deserve it, fella!

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

TerraGoetia posted:

But how would you use your keyboard to tell Mettaton your favorite thing about him?

Touchscreen?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I play Zelda with the Pro controller 99% of the time but I am looking forward to playing ARMS with joycon

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Wendell posted:

You deserve it, fella!

With Trump being president if it's not work or friend related I'm like just hiding with video games. It's the only way to stay sane in this crazy world. Okay there's time for the gym too, but that's it.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Kashuno posted:

Hi Dugong

hey lets be Switch pals when I get it

Edit: Is it possible to play the Switch without ever hooking it up to a TV? I may have to go back into hospital and want to double check there isn't some requirement like that.

Dugong fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Apr 13, 2017

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Yea I kinda thought we'd get a neon Yellow Joy-con, never guessed it would come so early. Also expecting Neon Green

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Who gives a poo poo about an overpriced ROM emulator from the 80's when you could have Switch.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I certainly don't because I still have my top loader!!!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Dugong posted:

hey lets be Switch pals when I get it

Edit: Is it possible to play the Switch without ever hooking it up to a TV? I may have to go back into hospital and want to double check there isn't some requirement like that.

It has a screen on it and can be used entirely portably.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Emron posted:

blaster master is the only thing that uses it in a really good way. when waves rush past you in certain sections it feels legitimately different than "CONTROLLER JUST GOIN CRAZY"

its pretty neat

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dugong posted:

sorry about bad week. zelda good tho

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

eonwe posted:

blaster master is the only thing that uses it in a really good way. when waves rush past you in certain sections it feels legitimately different than "CONTROLLER JUST GOIN CRAZY"

its pretty neat

yeah i was pleasantly surprised by this when it happened. it isnt just another nintendo gimmick this time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

The Nintendo Switch subreddit did a thing a few weeks back asking folks to rank their most desired (unannounced) franchises/games for Switch. They dump the results today I was surprised by the level of polish...

http://imgur.com/a/hgMOX

Pikmin and Paper Mario are too low.

• Locked thread