Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crunk Abortion
Mar 5, 2009

Young based lord and I look like JESUS

Longbaugh01 posted:

For a second I thought someone had actually bought that emoticon for this forum.

I keep hoping and praying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

This is so good.

bull3964 posted:

Seeing a distinct lack of Ragman returning.

Let's just assume he's joining the Legends.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

bull3964 posted:

Seeing a distinct lack of Ragman returning.

Next season Oliver sees ghost Ragman next to ghost Roy.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't know why the thread became randomly convinced Dinah was dead a little while ago but its cool to get the news that she and Wild Dog are pretty set.

Is Curtis already a regular or is he out on a limb?

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew

STAC Goat posted:

I don't know why the thread became randomly convinced Dinah was dead a little while ago but its cool to get the news that she and Wild Dog are pretty set.

Is Curtis already a regular or is he out on a limb?

He was a regular this season, yeah.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Curtis was promoted this season since he started last season.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

With all these extra hero characters I'm wondering if they're finally going to write Thea off the show. She's barely done anything other than the Invasion episode.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I definitely think Thea is at least temporarily out of the picture. She seems genuinely retired, past the Lazarus Pit stuff, and is now off finding herself or something. I assume she'll be back if they have a purpose for her but her place is pretty resolved at the moment so they're doing the right thing by not leaving her around to get too stale.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

STAC Goat posted:

I definitely think Thea is at least temporarily out of the picture. She seems genuinely retired, past the Lazarus Pit stuff, and is now off finding herself or something. I assume she'll be back if they have a purpose for her but her place is pretty resolved at the moment so they're doing the right thing by not leaving her around to get too stale.

Put them with Roy and form the DCTV version of the Outlaws.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

STAC Goat posted:

I don't know why the thread became randomly convinced Dinah was dead a little while ago but its cool to get the news that she and Wild Dog are pretty set

When they announced Katie Cassidy was going to be a regular next season a lot of people, myself included, wondered what that meant for Dinah and if they would limit themselves to one meta with a Canary cry.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

howe_sam posted:

When they announced Katie Cassidy was going to be a regular next season a lot of people, myself included, wondered what that meant for Dinah and if they would limit themselves to one meta with a Canary cry.

I think there was also a lull in her appearances after the episode that introduced and focused on her that people got worked up about.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

We also expected her to get some more development by now.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Also the CW likes killing off females protagonists :v:

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
Basically just the Lance kids and Thea. All of which came back. Whereas it's happened to at least two guys. That's a pretty even split.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Good news for casting, weirdly Rick Gonzales does a great job of emoting via his eyes in the Wild Dog costume.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

please give me Nyssa and Felicity scenes :pray:

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

nooneofconsequence posted:

please give me Nyssa and Felicity scenes :pray:

In a completely non-sexual way, I am looking forward to Nyssa vs. Talia.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The back and forth between Manu Bennett and the Arrow crew is getting to be hilarious. Guggenheim tweeted that we would hear Manu in the finale and Manu tweeted back that using old dialogue from previous seasons is deceiving the fans. Then someone posted a picture of his stunt double on set and Manu said this proved he wasn't there. Then Manu dropped a message recorded from New Zealand of him breaking an arrow in half on the set of his new show. The same day he's apparently in New Zealand according to his Instagram there are paparazzi shots of him going to the Arrow set in Vancouver. So much for all that effort.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
I went from thinking maybe Manu is kind of a dick and difficult to work with to thinking he's hilarious.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Longbaugh01 posted:

I went from thinking maybe Manu is kind of a dick and difficult to work with to thinking he's hilarious.

It could always be both.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

ApeHawk posted:

It could always be both.

No only black and white thinking and characterization allowed. Just like comics and comic book based TV. :colbert:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Longbaugh01 posted:

I refuse to believe anything except that this was a giant work from the beginning. :colbert:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Manu would have been a great pro wrestler.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rhyno posted:

Manu would have been a great pro wrestler.

Maybe he has been this entire time :tinfoil:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Chokes McGee posted:

Maybe he has been this entire time :tinfoil:

He really needs to show up at a WWE event that Amell is attending.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rhyno posted:

He really needs to show up at a WWE event that Amell is attending.

I would actually buy a ppv that had Manu/Amell on the card, especially if it led to him screaming CHOOOOOOOOSE somehow as the finish

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Vince McMahon, you have FAILED THIS PAY-PER-VIEW!

Crunk Abortion
Mar 5, 2009

Young based lord and I look like JESUS
What we all failed to realize is that Manu has been in character as Slade nonstop for the past 5 years.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

McSpanky posted:

Vince McMahon, you have FAILED THIS PAY-PER-VIEW!

:vince:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Crunk Abortion posted:

What we all failed to realize is that Manu has been in character as Slade nonstop for the past 5 years.

"Michael Flynn has Russia connections"

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Longbaugh01 posted:

It all depends on how much the other folks are in on it. It's one thing to play around like this, it's another if you do it while someone's actually trying to set the record straight for whatever reason.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Maybe this is all leading up to Amell showing up on Shanara. A universe where a random archer could DEFINITELY appear for an ep or two, and never be seen again.

Bonus points if it's in one of Manu's character's flashbacks.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

OB_Juan posted:

Maybe this is all leading up to Amell showing up on Shanara. A universe where a random archer could DEFINITELY appear for an ep or two, and never be seen again.

I still can't believe they actually renewed that

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Eh, the previous seasons were "fun" if not "good". Legends got a season 2, so I don't see why that wouldn't. Besides, MTV might be trying to figure out how the CW keeps a fanbase.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Wasn't Dolph Lundgren's character still alive after Oliver got through with him? Would there be chance of him returning (in some form)?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is probably safe to assume they have some plan where he shows up again before the finale. They probably can't really afford to keep an open spot for him.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, I'm sure he'll be back in the present as part of the Bratva storyline. That door isn't closed yet.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I bet the door will be closed pretty conclusively, though.

(I think Dolph's character will become Arrow's version of the KGBeast and they'll have a showdown pretty similar to the classic one above, where Batman kinda takes a moment and realizes "not every fight has to be a grandiose battle of wills and grit, just gently caress off rear end in a top hat" and locks the guy in a sewer chamber.)

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

McSpanky posted:

(I think Dolph's character will become Arrow's version of the KGBeast and they'll have a showdown pretty similar to the classic one above, where Batman kinda takes a moment and realizes "not every fight has to be a grandiose battle of wills and grit, just gently caress off rear end in a top hat" and locks the guy in a sewer chamber.)

Man, I never put together that Rolph might be their closer version of a KGBeast and now it makes a ton of sense. It's just too bad it probably will be a one time thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

McSpanky posted:

I bet the door will be closed pretty conclusively, though.

Wait did Batman leave KGBeast in a sewer to starve to death?

• Locked thread