Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
No really if they committed suicide I feel like it's not my place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Someone should find the e/n comics thread. I have no idea if that was in the waffleimages era or not, but it was great and probably had an illustrated printer goon.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3499406

e: most of the pics seem to be missing and the thread wasn't goldmined

Hogge Wild has a new favorite as of 20:39 on Apr 13, 2017

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
lol

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jesus Christ, this is also goony as gently caress.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
Jeffrey, ask some admin to goldmine that thread.

Fortunately Mjaulm's pics are still there:

Hogge Wild has a new favorite as of 20:52 on Apr 13, 2017

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

It's beautiful..

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Hogge Wild posted:

Jeffrey, ask some admin to goldmine that thread.

Fortunately Mjaulm's pic are still there:

this was a loving phenomenal thread btw

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

this was a loving phenomenal thread btw

:agreed:

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
it even had a sorta heartwarming ending

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Yeah the hoarder couple with the water damaged trailer that cost less than his gaming rig actually fixed his brain problems enough to get his kid back, which is pretty great.

The E/N comics thread, by contrast, ended with an unfinished goon project to make a fighting game featuring characters from E/N threads. The symmetry, it rhymes or something.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Yeah the hoarder couple with the water damaged trailer that cost less than his gaming rig actually fixed his brain problems enough to get his kid back, which is pretty great.

was this the same guy who gave up his 2 dogs for adoption because he "couldn't afford the time or money to care for them" and went on about how heartbroken he was, then it immediately turned out that he had dropped like $2k on a new gaming rig and was the #1 collector of World of Warcraft mounts in the entire world?

I'm pretty sure the guy I'm thinking of was also the one who got booted from the goon WoW guild for trying to raid in the waiting room of a hospital while his wife was in labor in the next room over

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Kelp Me! posted:

was this the same guy who gave up his 2 dogs for adoption because he "couldn't afford the time or money to care for them" and went on about how heartbroken he was, then it immediately turned out that he had dropped like $2k on a new gaming rig and was the #1 collector of World of Warcraft mounts in the entire world?

I'm pretty sure the guy I'm thinking of was also the one who got booted from the goon WoW guild for trying to raid in the waiting room of a hospital while his wife was in labor in the next room over

That was a different guy, the guy whose kids got taken eventually got his poo poo together. The guy who gave up his dogs is still playing wow. Someone will have probably linked his character on the armory by the time I get done typing this.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Kelp Me! posted:

Nope, totally different guy. You're thinking of Wojtek. This guy's username was "WNxOddJob" and his home was a disgusting hoarder house, he posted pictures in the thread so we could tell him if CPS was overreacting. His first thread is here but pictures are gone (and imgur reused the url? Weird): https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3453028

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

purple death ray posted:

That was a different guy, the guy whose kids got taken eventually got his poo poo together. The guy who gave up his dogs is still playing wow. Someone will have probably linked his character on the armory by the time I get done typing this.

tbqh the "raiding while wife is in labor" thing was pretty :laffo: but the post exposing his bullshit was really :smith:

I don't have a link but I remember the poster going on a very true rant about how much of a piece of poo poo you have to be to raise and permanently bond with 2 dogs for a good chunk of their life and then just ship them to a new owner when the inconvenience of having to tear yourself away from your monitor for a 10 minute dog walk outweighs the enjoyment of having something fuzzy to hang out and love you unconditionally

It was pretty brutal

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Nope, totally different guy. You're thinking of Wojtek. This guy's username was "WNxOddJob" and his home was a disgusting hoarder house, he posted pictures in the thread so we could tell him if CPS was overreacting. His first thread is here but pictures are gone (and imgur reused the url? Weird): https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3453028

poo poo, did no one save the pictures?

i bet they're buried someone in the hoarder i-spy thread, though

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

poo poo, did no one save the pictures?

i bet they're buried someone in the hoarder i-spy thread, though

Found them - thumbnails don't work but yeah:
https://web.archive.org/web/20120107124452/http://imgur.com/a/OEeT2

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
There was some incredibly sad tidbit, about the young daughter getting up hours before her parents, preparing for school and leaving before they ever got up, and the parents only realize how much responsibility they have placed on their kid instead of themselves when she turns out "missing" because she has left for school on a Sunday and they don't even notice until like midday.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

lmao

weren't these the pictures he said were "after he cleaned up" too

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Grandmother of Five posted:

There was some incredibly sad tidbit, about the young daughter getting up hours before her parents, preparing for school and leaving before they ever got up, and the parents only realize how much responsibility they have placed on their kid instead of themselves when she turns out "missing" because she has left for school on a Sunday and they don't even notice until like midday.

Stuff like this I feel like you have to mock because otherwise you might get really sad that people like that actually exist

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

lmao

weren't these the pictures he said were "after he cleaned up" too
They were in the middle of cleaning so things were worse than usual, supposedly. (They had been cleaning all day.)

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I like that old comic of get out frog getting pissed over idiots in E/N and then gets the idea to make an E/N thread about it

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

They were in the middle of cleaning so things were worse than usual, supposedly. (They had been cleaning all day.)

i remember reading that thread and after he posted pictures and revealed he had a small child, thinking "this man's punishment should be to eat his entire hardcore gaming rig, piece by piece"

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Kelp Me! posted:

Stuff like this I feel like you have to mock because otherwise you might get really sad that people like that actually exist

Yeah. The picture is great. Iirc that was the story behind it and I meant it as commentary/background to the comic that was posted.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I might mix it up with another story, but was this CharlieMaul, or whatever the name of the guy who prioritized buying something incredibly frivolous like Star Wars replicas instead of basic necessities? He had a huge "father of the year award" red av.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Grandmother of Five posted:

I might mix it up with another story, but was this CharlieMaul, or whatever the name of the guy who prioritized buying something incredibly frivolous like Star Wars replicas instead of basic necessities? He had a huge "father of the year award" red av.

i thought that was blue story, i didnt know we had two of those

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Stop buying candies

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I cant believe that was 6 fuckin years ago though

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
oh my god what did I just look at gently caress lol

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I know LLjsilk, the guy who beat his kids and made them buy their own controllers if they wanted to play on his Xbox had a big red father of the year title. I imagine a lot of goons would qualify for that though

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

purple death ray posted:

I know LLjsilk, the guy who beat his kids and made them buy their own controllers if they wanted to play on his Xbox had a big red father of the year title. I imagine a lot of goons would qualify for that though

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3722560

Check my posts in this thread for a "best of" list from the LLjsilk thread, including the time he cyberstalked a social worker and mailed pics and print outs of her social media page to her boss to try and make her look bad.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I wonder what MMO Pnurtis's father was on while he was crowning.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

i thought that was blue story, i didnt know we had two of those
There are tons of them. The guy that took his kids piggy bank money to spend on Gamez. Was it iibbmm that bragged about his sick ridez, collectors edition games, and his inability to pay for his children's basic necessities?

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

FilthyImp posted:

There are tons of them. The guy that took his kids piggy bank money to spend on Gamez. Was it iibbmm that bragged about his sick ridez, collectors edition games, and his inability to pay for his children's basic necessities?

i meant i didn't know that we had two about just star wars, but i shouldve known better tbh

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

i meant i didn't know that we had two about just star wars, but i shouldve known better tbh

It might not have been Star Wars collectables, but it was something comparably absurd and nerdy to spend money on. Iirc the kids weren't allowed to play with whatever it was, of course.

There was also the dad from e/n who described himself as "pretty zen" in the same thread where he shared that he burned his kid's shoes as a punishment for messily eating snacks.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Don't have kids

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I like that old comic of get out frog getting pissed over idiots in E/N and then gets the idea to make an E/N thread about it

I think there were a series of them with get out frog as a therapist, confronting the weirder e/n stories.

I saved this one because I liked the "go on..." panel, but then so did hundreds of other people & it became a catchphrase

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Lol two sagas meet

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3816693&perpage=40#post471242372

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

pentyne posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3722560

Check my posts in this thread for a "best of" list from the LLjsilk thread, including the time he cyberstalked a social worker and mailed pics and print outs of her social media page to her boss to try and make her look bad.

He posted in e/n a week or so ago and the thread fizzled out quick when we weren't going to put up with his validation-seeking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

OH MY GOD

dest posted:

Maybe you're content with builder grade gift cards, but I prefer a certain level of quality.