Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Plebian Parasite posted:

I think there's a lot they could've potentially done with tinker knight.

itd literally just be mega man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Yea i know about the kickstarter deal also how appare tly the guy who made reize added all these stipulations and rules about how they should handle him, and yacht club ended up going against all of those. But yeah tinker k ight could have been real interesting, and i was wondering *what* could you do with massive dudes like polar and treasure. Polar especially cause he also has a shovel. Weird thought: would like to see the baz playa le since since swinging with whip and castlevaniA

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
baz would be cool and also funny

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I wanted Mole Knight and the Enchantress. I am very very happy with Plague and Specter however.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

its a bummer the gender swap only works for shovel knights campaign

Soral
May 30, 2009

agreed, the gender swap mode is great. i'm a huge fan of the swapped treasure knight

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Persona 5

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

Parasite Eve. Time 10:39. good game

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment (100%)

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Yooka Laylee (100%)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Plebian Parasite posted:

Yooka Laylee (100%)

Is it a Kazooie, a Tooie, or is it a Donkey Kong 64?

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

10. Yooka Laylee

It's not really any of the above but it's most like Banjo Kazooie I guess. It felt to me like they were pretty restrained by the budget. I hope they build on it and release a sequel that's a bit more polished.

e: It felt to me like a really good Banjo Kazooie romhack.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

Is it a Kazooie, a Tooie, or is it a Donkey Kong 64?

'a Tooie' I suppose, really bloated levels and for every good idea or well designed area there's a poor one. I ultimately did enjoy it though.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
tooie is one of the wowrst games ive ever playing in my life

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
for what it's worth, after about 35 hours of gameplay I finished the entire regular N++ levels, quite a few with all gold, and I've started tackling some of the secret challenges

edit: checked the profile closer, it's only about 21% of the game. It never ends.

ArfJason fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Apr 18, 2017

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
ff xv finally bothered to go back and finish this before i get into P5. chpater 13 wasnt as bad as i was expecting given all the whining, kinda want to try some of the bonus dungeons

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

bump_fn posted:

ff xv finally bothered to go back and finish this before i get into P5. chpater 13 wasnt as bad as i was expecting given all the whining, kinda want to try some of the bonus dungeons

yeah idk if people were underlevelled or what

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

ArfJason posted:

tooie is one of the wowrst games ive ever playing in my life

I like it but I also like Kazooie, and it's more of the same essentially.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Banjo Kazooie on XBLA was one of the best looking games on the system lol.

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

Hyper Light Drifter. Time: 11:01.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

In Training posted:

It's still making me feel bad about just launching the game so it's probably the most effective game finale I've ever seen

I would have thought the waifu-bots would have made you ashamed to launch the game in the first place

Formed Jerusalem as Knights in Ironman which is as close as I think I'm going to come to beating EU4, which together with Dishonored 2 brings my total to two.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

dogg. please stop

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

at the date posted:

I would have thought the waifu-bots would have made you ashamed to launch the game in the first place

Formed Jerusalem as Knights in Ironman which is as close as I think I'm going to come to beating EU4, which together with Dishonored 2 brings my total to two.

gently caress you, i dont care

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

at the date posted:

i would have thought reading back one of your posts would have made you ashamed to post here in the first place bitch pelase gently caress off forever

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

You have to be a really lovely poster to get that bad a reaction in the P'zone.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

ArfJason posted:

for what it's worth, after about 35 hours of gameplay I finished the entire regular N++ levels, quite a few with all gold, and I've started tackling some of the secret challenges

edit: checked the profile closer, it's only about 21% of the game. It never ends.

The secret challenges sound insane and apparently there's a bunch of stuff locked behind them. Good luck gamer

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

goferchan posted:

The secret challenges sound insane and apparently there's a bunch of stuff locked behind them. Good luck gamer

ive already started some of them god help me i cant stop playing the epic flash game

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i will never be able to 100% this game and that will always gnaw at me. according to some of the pros, only 2 people have 100%d the entire game, and they are also the only 2 people who have 100%d the Solo mode.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

I like it but I also like Kazooie, and it's more of the same essentially.

Nah banjo kazooie has great tight level design and tooie is way too huge and boring.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

tooie is so bad

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tooie is probably the most miserable game I've ever played and 100%ed

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Tooie taught young me that videogames could be bad.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

Tooie taught young me that videogames could be bad.

I learned this lesson on renting as a kid but decades later would return to that hell because my roomies were like Banjo Tooie is amaze balls, let's 100% this game. Very unsettling week in the household

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i cant imagine 100%ing tooie, i picture myself putting the cart and it bounces off like the n64 rejects it

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

DK64 gave me stockholm syndrome and made me like tooie

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I haven't played it since I was a kid.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I liked tooie but on reflection it had a lot of problems

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Axiom Verge
Yakuza 0
Persona 5

Starting: Hollow Knight
On the Horizon: Trails in the Sky 3rd

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

12.2) Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment - New Game+ 0%

holy crap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU