Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

It was 6% per sec for 5 seconds. Now it's 20% instantly + 4% a sec for 5 seconds. We got 10% extra for free.

yeah but before it was 10% instantly + 6% per sec for 5s, so it's the same overall, 40% total.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wask
May 2, 2003
I punch midgets for fun
Time to play this again after like 18 months! Last I played I was really into summoner Dr. Doom. Strong, ranged, not a billion APM needed. Any suggestions on who to check out?

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Wask posted:

Time to play this again after like 18 months! Last I played I was really into summoner Dr. Doom. Strong, ranged, not a billion APM needed. Any suggestions on who to check out?

Anything else.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
They hosed up summoners

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Wask posted:

Punisher's a good "sit at range and hit a couple buttons to blow people up pretty well" character. Relatively low APM (mostly, hold down a button, hit a cooldown or two, hit another button when your ammo is low, repeat).

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Summon rogue and iceman are both top tier, but neither is a very lazy playstyle,

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Summon Rogue? really?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Mag-fuckin'-neato

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Wask posted:

Iceman is a good summoner. No resource management and he's super tanky.

The main change from old summoners is that now you can't afk and let your pets carry you. You have to do stuff too.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Iceman is a good summoner. No resource management and he's super tanky.

The main change from old summoners is that now you can't afk and let your pets carry you. You have to do stuff too.

Doom is this way too. You don't use the Doom clones or flying drones any more, but the tier 3 talent that summons all three Doombots fits well into a tri-Doom build.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Squirrel Girl and Loki are fine summoners too. They hosed up summon-specific gear, not summoners themselves. Now you use regular dps artifacts. Cerebra and Cosmic Ultron Encephalo Beam are the only items with summon damage that are any good anymore.

Lozareth fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Apr 13, 2017

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
spear of the white gorilla tribe and octobot thingie are still good too

oh and the area/mental skrull medallion

Cease to Hope fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Apr 13, 2017

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
ILAS is also pretty okay if you're Energy and something not good (read: not Int).

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Cease to Hope posted:

spear of the white gorilla tribe and octobot thingie are still good too

oh and the area/mental skrull medallion

Area/Mental is Power Duration. You're thinking of ranged/area with summon damage. Octobot is outshined by Jinn or Cobra's Hood on the heroes that would consider using it. Spear blows compared to fragment on the heroes I've tested it on: SG, Loki, and Doctor Strange. Oh yeah, Doctor Strange is 100% the best summoner hero at the moment, lol. Can have the highest dps of all summoners or can be immortal with a still fantastic ttk time.

ILAS is for Bing builds. I think he puts it on everyone. It is ok though, just not great.

Lozareth fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Apr 13, 2017

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
not everyone has fragments for every character, and spear beats several characters S1s.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

ILAS is a solid 17/20.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Cease to Hope posted:

not everyone has fragments for every character, and spear beats several characters S1s.

Sorry, I tend to talk about end goal things to get on your hero instead of things to use in the meantime.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Lozareth posted:

Sorry, I tend to talk about end goal things to get on your hero instead of things to use in the meantime.

fragments of twilight are a special case because they're a significant jump up in effort and time to grind, you can't get them by accident, and they're BIS for literally every character in the game. if you can put fraglites on everyone, you should, no question, but there's a significant amount of time you'll need to spend grinding that out.

most of the pet gear that isn't a hero-specific unique is now worse than easy-to-get standards like edge of infinity or your hero's uniques. all of the old chase pet artifacts should go in the trash as soon as you can't replace them with anything halfway decent, and if you're still wearing (for example) sinister's cuirass, the kraven belt, or trask's helm, those should be ditched for your hero's unique asap.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

what is this marvel heroes omega poo poo

wheres marvel heroes 2017

how does a korean cell game get this poo poo right more than mister gaz

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Because they may not be continuing patch work for it beyond maintenance?

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Venom's sig having the auto-kill-non-bosses with one of the talents makes him sort of hilarious in the cosmic trial, even if he's not very good. The Hulkbusters before Madam Hydra aren't mini-boss tagged, and neither is the Starktech Sentinel during the Skull portion. Spent an awful lot of time sitting around waiting for the minimum wave spawn times, which was good because my damage was crap (he's also not well geared). When you have over three minutes and can auto-kill the shield-bearing enemies, it's trivial even with a trash hero and bad items.

Also Loz, you need to inform the Ghostie forums of your latest TTK. They're still of the mind that Chains is all but unplayable since they stealth fixed the bug that put the contract-on-sig proc on all of row five instead of just the one where it's clearly labeled.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
Did they release Nick Furry yet?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Gibbering Madness posted:

Did they release Nick Furry yet?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

AzraelNewtype posted:

Venom's sig having the auto-kill-non-bosses with one of the talents makes him sort of hilarious in the cosmic trial, even if he's not very good. The Hulkbusters before Madam Hydra aren't mini-boss tagged, and neither is the Starktech Sentinel during the Skull portion. Spent an awful lot of time sitting around waiting for the minimum wave spawn times, which was good because my damage was crap (he's also not well geared). When you have over three minutes and can auto-kill the shield-bearing enemies, it's trivial even with a trash hero and bad items.

Also Loz, you need to inform the Ghostie forums of your latest TTK. They're still of the mind that Chains is all but unplayable since they stealth fixed the bug that put the contract-on-sig proc on all of row five instead of just the one where it's clearly labeled.

Black Cat was my favorite cosmic trial experience. You had to die like 20 times to actually lose.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
DPS is a much, much more likely failure condition than death since the BUE launched.

HandsomeBen
Nov 23, 2006

There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well

Lozareth posted:

I'm pretty excited for omega items to come out and Frag to still be bis. At this point I have little faith that they will be the "build defining items" Gaz has said they will be.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
We'll kick up the xp for this event to 150% and leave cosmic leveling bonus on for the duration of the event.

cosmic2day

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Jusupov posted:

We'll kick up the xp for this event to 150% and leave cosmic leveling bonus on for the duration of the event.

cosmic2day

Was that cause they forgot to ad the vendor?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

malhavok posted:

Was that cause they forgot to ad the vendor?

poo poo like that needs a patch

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
drat right. A Friday patch back-end maintenance no less!

KomoriMan posted:

So we are doing a back-end maintenance tomorrow @ 6:00AM PST to resolve the vendor issue and drop rate issue.

It should last 4 hours and once we are back up, the event should work as we stated.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Ghostlight posted:

Mag-fuckin'-neato

Also Ironing Man is good + fun

HandsomeBen
Nov 23, 2006

There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well

MMAgCh posted:

drat right. A Friday patch back-end maintenance no less!
Forgetting an event vendor might actually be new fuckup territory for gaz.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

AzraelNewtype posted:

Funnily enough (but also obviously) that's not the highest dps way to go "Chains". Weaving Chain Lash instead of Hellfire Beam into Damnation gives me a 1:22 ttk.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I grinded those goddamn sinister terminals and ultron invasions for days of game time, I don't care how the meta shifted I'm sure as hell gonna use those items now :argh:

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:
Did they change the reqs for cosmic trial? Logged in, leveled beast to 60, and can't access the cosmic trial tab - it's greyed out on all my chars

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Donde Esta posted:

Did they change the reqs for cosmic trial? Logged in, leveled beast to 60, and can't access the cosmic trial tab - it's greyed out on all my chars
You probably need to adjust the difficulty slider at the bottom of the waypoint menu.

Edit –

KomoriMan posted:

What a day.

So we are replacing King's County with Odin's Bounty until Tuesday(4/18). Odin's Bounty will be active everywhere along with the chance of you acquiring the Big 10 Cache o' Loot from any enemy in-game.

King's County will be turned back on after Tuesday's maintenance and will last until 4/27.
What a Gaz. :lol:

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
When is console launch again? How are they doing events on consoles when they have to patch for them to be active

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

don't worry I'm sure they thought that through carefully and have a solid plan in place

HandsomeBen
Nov 23, 2006

MMAgCh posted:

You probably need to adjust the difficulty slider at the bottom of the waypoint menu.

Edit –

I'm sure they will be wildly successful in managing two separate versions of this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:

MMAgCh posted:

Edit –

I needed to log out - I was bugged for some reason. Everything was greyed out. It's very difficult with MH to discern what's a bug and what I missed by not reading the last six patches.