Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I've noticed that a lot of the stuff that's useless has like, 1 specific edge case where it works that it suspiciously seems like someone in the office dreamed up a math problem and made a mod for it.

In a month there is going to be specifically one boss that Ivara's augment is useful for, and one tileset where lantern actually works properly and it makes sense to run Titania as a melee frame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
New Machete stance upcoming. Looks really fancy. Also plans to have the ability to dual wield a pistol and a single handed melee weapon (ex: Lex and Glaive, or Bolto and Dark Dagger, etc.).

Oberon update coming. They're looking to synergising and updating his existing powers rather than giving him a Limbo style work-over.

POPE-FRAME

Plus associated Red Veil quest with the opposite tone to Octavia's. No fun allowed.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Apr 13, 2017

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I was kind of annoyed that the last chance for catalyst was the middle of Sunday night, but then they give out three in one day. Nice.

bring back old gbs posted:

Haven't booted this game up in a year or so, but is there a semblance of a story yet?

The story is hilarious and just sort of comes out of nowhere after you've been playing for many hours.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Kokoro Wish posted:

New Machete stance upcoming. Looks really fancy. Also plans to have the ability to dual wield a pistol and a single handed melee weapon (ex: Lex and Glaive, or Bolto and Dark Dagger, etc.).

Oberon update coming. They're looking to synergising and updating his existing powers rather than giving him a Limbo style work-over.

POPE-FRAME

Plus associated Red Veil quest with the opposite tone to Octavia's. No fun allowed.

More like Pharoh Frame; that's the dual crown of Egypt right there.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
How do we make the game more anime? Put eldar in it!

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.

Kokoro Wish posted:

I'm glad to hear this. I've always liked Oberon (fight me irl) and said his abilities are fine, they just need better numbers.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
New Corpus enemy type.

Given the bottom right one, looks like they've possibly been dabbling in Sentient tech beyond what was in the Valkyr trailer.

Also aside from the blue one with sword legs, these things are apparently going to be biiiig.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Jabarto posted:

I'm glad to hear this. I've always liked Oberon (fight me irl) and said his abilities are fine, they just need better numbers.

I don't think I've ever heard a word against Oberon design-wise. Everyone seems to love him, in fact. It's his stats and abilities that everyone agrees are not even remotely up to par.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Yeah wow there are a TON of new frames now. None of the new designs really jump out at me the way the base frames do though, except the Archer one, it looks super badass. I think the newest one when I stopped was Oberon, who just looked clunky. They were showing off the new flying stuff you could do in the community vids but I never made it to that update. Daaaaaaamn it's actually been a REALLY long time since I've played.
This poo poo is awesome though, they still got it.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
My immediate mental reaction was a loss check.

That last one's got a gun in its (relatively) tiny arms!

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Huh. Something worth using a sniper rifle on

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

They remind me of the Hyena pack. Hopefully none of them get the fuckoff energy negation aura!

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

Teaser for upcoming Grineer enemies. They promise it'll be freaky. Also they're once again working with one of their original artists, who designed the original frames like Loki, Frost, etc. This line of stuff is his work.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kokoro Wish posted:

Teaser for upcoming Grineer enemies. They promise it'll be freaky. Also they're once again working with one of their original artists, who designed the original frames like Loki, Frost, etc. This line of stuff is his work.

haha weird timing, cool.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Gonna Dual-Wield a Detron and Redeemer.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Jabarto posted:

His 2 needs every number associated with it multiplied by, like, 3 or something. I liked him but his 1 seems like it's basically a single target version of his 4, unless I'm missing something.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Oh man, you're going to love the Ambulas Boss fight that's coming. No invincibility phases.

But you can fail it as there's timers on some of his stuff.

Also Earth is finally getting its visual upgrade this month.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Apr 14, 2017

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Kokoro Wish posted:

But you can fail it as there's timers on some of his stuff.
A boss with timers... that can cause instant failure...

Oh... Oh God no, the flashbacks...

DANCE WATER DANCE

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Yes there is

It's kinda anime

I'd uh...
actually say that it's pretty much the BIGGEST anime. Like, there are no bigger ones, this is it. The biggest anime.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Here's what won the Weapon Design Contest:

Grineer whip-sword.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Well, if it actually produces a literal whip of fire...

Vakal
May 11, 2008
The nutsack hairs are a nice touch.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
I don't follow this thread super much so you may have seen this but this is probably referring to whats being called pope frame a few posts higher than this one.

http://the-liger-art.tumblr.com/post/159544831024/the-liger-art-initializing-inquiry-we-are

quote:

Initializing inquiry…

We are designing a Ghost/Specter/Wraith Warframe concept.

We would like to hear your ideas for interesting game-play mechanics, abilities, or other statistics to create a unique concept that plays with the theme and possibility even the death mechanic itself in the game. (But not necessary.)

Also please don’t hesitate to tell us about other interesting theme-similar characters or mechanics from any games you know of that could provide inspiration.

Thank you and we look forward to your brainstorming ideas.

First Pass Abilities:_ Placeholder name, “Ghost”

What we aim to achieve with this concept is a Warframe that is fun to play, tough, and synergistic. While a ghost or wraith themed Warframe sounds like they may be Stealth-related - Warframe is not primarily a Stealth-type game, nor is it particularly a rewarding mechanic. We are referring to Stealth as a whole game-play mechanic, not individual abilities. Ex. Loki has invisibility as a stealth ability, but he can be used in normal combat missions with utility.

All names and terms are placeholder...

A toggle-dash damaging ability. Pressing 1 has Ghost lurch/teleport forward a distance that damages all enemies hit, ending in an AOE explosion upon landing. Ghost is unaffected by clipping and specific objects. Enemies hit receive a chain-like domino effect damage from the epicenter of the landing, if one dies the others receive damage. Think of a mini-Molecular Prime. Aiming downwards creates a slam-attack version of this that gently pulls enemies towards Ghost. Press and Holding 1 has the dash turn into a controlled flight where Ghost can control his movements and does the same effects to enemies of his choosing. Think of the Warframe similar to Ivara’s manipulative arrow ability. Ghost can still clip freely through enemies, doors, and does not trigger alarms this way.

To be determined …

Tombstone - Ghost raises a stone version of himself where he stands. The Tombstone records everything about Ghost in that moment in time - it records your Health, Energy, Unique Resource, Ammo, status, etc. For a duration of a time. Re-activating the ability warps Ghost back to the Tombstone’s location and emerges in the status recorded. If you are low ammo and health, you can recall to a moment where you had full health and ammo. This can work both ways. The Tombstone is un-targetable by enemies, and has an AOE “fear” aura around it. Meaning enemies within its range become afraid and move away. This does not stop enemies shooting past it if they are outside the fear aura. Nullifiers can destroy it if the fear Aura of the Tombstone is smaller than the radius of the Nullifier bubble. Otherwise the Nullifier unit can be made afraid if he steps into the aura but his bubble does not reach the Tombstone. Can be used in death to self-revive.

A two part Ultimate. Ghost collects a unique resource named “Souls” between 0-1000. Attacking and killing enemies with his main attack ability 1 grants him souls. The first part of Ghost’s yet unnamed ultimate simply marks groups of enemies with “death marks” that grant double soul count when killed. This is until Ghost reaches a certain amount of souls in which the ability unlocked part 2 - a Reaper-like form. Ghost’s true ultimate he sheds his “clothing” and becomes a terrifying shadowy Reaper sacrificing a portion of souls to do so. Ghost, now Reaper, is free to move about as the player pleases and slash, dash, and destroy enemies using the Reaper’s given weapons or all his abilities. Enemies marked with a death mark take double damage from the Reaper form, and triple soul count. Non-marked enemies yield double soul count.
Reaper uses duration and soul count to stay in this form. Attacking enough enemies to regain souls, or recalling at a Tombstone when the ability began can extend the Reaper form. Using the Tombstone, Death mark, 1 and 2, Reaper can extend his duration and soul counts.

Death Mechanic: When Ghost is downed he has three options. To recall at a Tombstone; to allow allies to revive his body; or automatically enter Reaper form. He is given the chance to reap enough souls to revive himself, or stay in Reaper form as long as possible to extend bleedout time for allies to revive him. Entering Reaper form happens automatically, which can grant recall or revive to Ghost. Note: Reaper form only becomes available as an alternative to death if the Warframe has unlocked ability 4. Otherwise it is a normal bleed out if there are no Tombstones available to recall.

We would like your help and ideas to develop ability 2 and any feed back on the rest of Ghost’s powers. We are looking for a possible ability that has synergy and compliments the rest of Ghost’s kit.

maybe it's just a concept but i think their stuff gets in game.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Apr 14, 2017

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Double credit weekend is bugged on PS4. It's quadruple credit weekend right now. I made 400K from the Sortie.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX-jXaW_t4Y

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Kokoro Wish posted:

Keith Thompson, whose style I like to call The Dead Man Does Dead Things To All The Dead People, if anyone wants to see more.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
Ghostpope might be my new main. Tombstone sounds kind of lame though, I would rather have a supporting ability that fits the theme. Summon blinding ghostly fog or some poo poo.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Pope frame reminds me of the Cthulhu guards of that prison area from Demon Souls. Its the incense burner for sure, but it seems far from "holy".

Also the new ambulas boss fight is going to be a clan event as well when it gets released.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I hope that incesne burner is a new weapon

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

Kokoro Wish posted:

Here's what won the Weapon Design Contest:

Grineer whip-sword.
While this isn't a bad concept, the stance is almost certainly going to make it useless - movement stopping bullshit, all the long range attacks being locked behind short range filler in the combos ensuring you are always wasting time and taking damage, etc. It will be frustrating as hell to use.

It's kind of a shame it won, as one of the other entries was a Grineer rocket-powered katana a la Jat Kittag. Jat Kittana.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Fish Noise posted:

Keith Thompson, whose style I like to call The Dead Man Does Dead Things To All The Dead People, if anyone wants to see more.

OH gently caress! That dude is one of my absolute favorites!!! I hope they bring in more of his grotesque stuff.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Coldbird posted:

While this isn't a bad concept, the stance is almost certainly going to make it useless - movement stopping bullshit, all the long range attacks being locked behind short range filler in the combos ensuring you are always wasting time and taking damage, etc. It will be frustrating as hell to use.

It's kind of a shame it won, as one of the other entries was a Grineer rocket-powered katana a la Jat Kittag. Jat Kittana.

It'll probably just be Defiled Snap Dragon

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

That thread has some funny stuff.

A Grakata-glaive

This guy shared his concept as rendered in whatever the hell this game is.

Grineer shovel

Burger and fries, sword/shield

Anti-personnel knuckle duster

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Apr 14, 2017

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

TheMostFrench posted:

Anti-personnel knuckle duster

How has it taken me this long to realize that I want a Ballistic Fist in this game?

Keeshhound fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Apr 14, 2017

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
loving hell, we could have had a greiner shovel and instead we get a totally poo poo flame not whip.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Washout posted:

loving hell, we could have had a ROCKET POWERED greiner shovel and instead we get a totally poo poo flame not whip.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Keeshhound posted:

How has it taken me this long to realize that I want a Ballistic Fist in this game?

There already is one.

His name is Atlas.

Cis Lord
Nov 14, 2016
Can we do something about those snowmen in the dojo? Pubs keep on dropping by and saying "Nice snowmen! If you would just step out of your moms basement you'd notice winter is over." It's kind of embarrassing.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Cis Lord posted:

Can we do something about those snowmen in the dojo? Pubs keep on dropping by and saying "Nice snowmen! If you would just step out of your moms basement you'd notice winter is over." It's kind of embarrassing.

Anybody that dumb you know to take advantage of by offering an inflated price on the related item you upsell them on.

Tallgeese did you put those in there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Cis Lord posted:

Yes, but winter is coming.