Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Barudak
May 7, 2007

Saiyin Prince Kid's Club

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
60 pages to Satan City

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

drrockso20 posted:

60 pages to Satan City

A page where the only acceptable posts will be Satan, and Satan-adjacent characters.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Power levels are bullshit

But the Satan Adjacency Index is a true measure of a persons worrh.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Power levels are bullshit

But the Satan Adjacency Index is a true measure of a persons worrh.

Buu, Videl, Pan, Gohan. Seems fair.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Dias posted:

Buu, Videl, Pan, Gohan. Seems fair.

Piccolo also because he spends a significant amount of his time babysitting Pan.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Kanos posted:

Piccolo also because he spends a significant amount of his time babysitting Pan.

Piccolo loves his granddaughter.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
dragonball is good

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

eonwe posted:

dragonball is good

I feel weird when I watch the show because the fights are the least interesting parts to me; I really just love watching all these characters bounce off each other. Even in really punchman-focused relationships like the one between Goku and Hit, it's really fun watching Goku basically draw Hit out of his taciturn shell into an endless game of one-upmanship to the point where Hit is doing goofy poo poo like yelling to power up because he saw Goku do it or Goku hiring Hit to assassinate himself to give Hit a reason to go at 100%.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Kanos posted:

I feel weird when I watch the show because the fights are the least interesting parts to me; I really just love watching all these characters bounce off each other. Even in really punchman-focused relationships like the one between Goku and Hit, it's really fun watching Goku basically draw Hit out of his taciturn shell into an endless game of one-upmanship to the point where Hit is doing goofy poo poo like yelling to power up because he saw Goku do it or Goku hiring Hit to assassinate himself to give Hit a reason to go at 100%.

Same. While large men screaming and punching each other is what most of the general public seems to remember the show for it's the characters themselves that acually make the show worth watching (though some of the fights can be just as entertaining to be honest).

Hell, some of my favorite episodes of the series are ones where there's barely any fighting at all and more involve the characters just interacting with each other and the world at large (Super's first two episodes for example). It's also probably why the original Dragon Ball still remains the best season in the franchise in my opinion simply because it didn't have any of this crap about power levels and super forms and instead was just a fun little journey (something Super thankfully seems to have brought back at bit, not that Z didn't have it's moments of course).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Apr 14, 2017

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Actually some of the best moments are also when they're fighting. See Goku vs Tien, or Jackie Chun vs Tien.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Aurora posted:

Actually some of the best moments are also when they're fighting. See Goku vs Tien, or Jackie Chun vs Tien.

Oh, definitely. A lot of the coolest character moments to me often happen as a direct result of the fights, like the Goku/Hit interaction I mentioned. Krillin is my second favorite character in Super after Vegeta and my absolute favorite moment for him was when he was literally shaking after his beam duel with SSB Goku.

I'm just less interested in the punching and who is stronger to punch harder and more interested in what happens to the characters as result of the punching.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Rhonne posted:

What kind of outfit would he give Pan? Piccolo gave Gohan a gi based on him own, and I'm sure Cell inherited he clothes beam from his DNA.

A bug suit, obviously.

Only more evil looking.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
The Great Saiyaman's kid trained by a bug?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

https://youtu.be/rgRnaWGOlGc

A Dragon Ball mobile VR kit is being released. At least in Japan anyway. Is this canon

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
It's probably similar to that motion control Dragonball game from a while back.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

projecthalaxy posted:

https://youtu.be/rgRnaWGOlGc

A Dragon Ball mobile VR kit is being released. At least in Japan anyway. Is this canon

I don't know if society can handle technology that turns real life into an anime.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I don't know a lick of Japanese, was that a Over 9000 joke right at the end?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dias posted:

I don't know a lick of Japanese, was that a Over 9000 joke right at the end?

It wasn't. The kid's power level was 530000, the same as First Form Freeza's.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Was watching the Dragon Ball Kai episodes I missed on the DVR today...I forgot how brutal and uncomfortable the Videl/Spopovich was. Think after that fight Video stopped fight all together and just turned into a support character like Chi-Chi.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Petiso posted:

A bug suit, obviously.

Only more evil looking.

Need a reminder. What was the context of GTPan getting into that outfit outside of driving the events of that episode?

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Rirse posted:

Was watching the Dragon Ball Kai episodes I missed on the DVR today...I forgot how brutal and uncomfortable the Videl/Spopovich was. Think after that fight Video stopped fight all together and just turned into a support character like Chi-Chi.

Does Kai make the Buu saga less painful to watch? That poo poo dragged on for far too many episodes.

lezard_valeth posted:

Need a reminder. What was the context of GTPan getting into that outfit outside of driving the events of that episode?

Didn't other bugs dress her up? I completely forget.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Buu saga is actually paced pretty well, the Kai was pretty unnecessary

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Aurora posted:

Buu saga is actually paced pretty well, the Kai was pretty unnecessary

Not mourning the lost of the entire Afterlife Tournament.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Rirse posted:

Not mourning the lost of the entire Afterlife Tournament.

That's between Buu and Cell :colbert:

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I guess I probably just did not enjoy the Buu saga. It was good right up until Buu turned into Super Buu. Then it went from interesting to poo poo we've already seen before with all the characters acting a whole lot dumber than they normally are. Gotenks STILL loving around even after the realization that his moms have been killed was particularly egregious.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

They had like a week to figure out fusion and SSJ3, on top of being like 7/8 years old. I doubt they had the time or smarts to figure out that "SSJ3 = bad" and it's not like they had a way to defeat him anyway.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Aurora posted:

They had like a week to figure out fusion and SSJ3, on top of being like 7/8 years old. I doubt they had the time or smarts to figure out that "SSJ3 = bad" and it's not like they had a way to defeat him anyway.

I'm more referring to the fact that even after the death of literally everyone they care about, Piccolo still has to scold them for goofing off and wasting time while fused. It should be Get Serious time but nope they're still loving around.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rhjamiz posted:

I'm more referring to the fact that even after the death of literally everyone they care about, Piccolo still has to scold them for goofing off and wasting time while fused. It should be Get Serious time but nope they're still loving around.

This is a common problems Saiyan have. Goku hosed around after Krillin died rather than just going for the kill on Frieza and Gohan went full sadist rather than just obliterating Cell.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

This is a common problems Saiyan have. Goku hosed around after Krillin died rather than just going for the kill on Frieza and Gohan went full sadist rather than just obliterating Cell.

Oh I know. I just feel it was exaggerated in Buu Saga. Or it was a lot more irritating for some reason.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Why isn't Mr Satan the President? Who gives a poo poo about king Dog?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I mean Gotenks manages to do a lot of damage to Buu but defuses before he can do a self-proclaimed finishing him off.

Plus it's not exactly like either Trunks or Goten are fighters.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Crabtree posted:

How dare you.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

hercule satan has no understanding of politics whatsoever, his mind is 100% dedicated to being an expert martial artist and any implication otherwise is an insult to the entire world he's saved countless times

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Crabtree posted:

Mr. Satan did not make a wish on the dragonballs.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Mr. Satan is a humble man who was offered the crown three times and refused it every time.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Goten/Trunks/Gotenks is the only thing bad about the Buu saga, the rest is top notch

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

bowmore posted:

Goten/Trunks/Gotenks is the only thing bad about the Buu saga, the rest is top notch

Gotenks rules

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Lack of Gotenks is the only bad thing in Super.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Aurora posted:

Gotenks rules
in small doses yeah, but for 10+ episodes in a row I just get over it

• Locked thread