Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

zegermans posted:

I have 3 cats around me right now

mad jelly

Pet those cat's Ed Balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/852701419895435266

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

c

quote:

Perhaps the most incendiary exchange between Roosevelt and MacArthur occurred over an administration proposal to cut 51% of the Army's budget. In response, MacArthur lectured Roosevelt that "when we lost the next war, and an American boy, lying in the mud with an enemy bayonet through his belly and an enemy foot on his dying throat, spat out his last curse, I wanted the name not to be MacArthur, but Roosevelt." In response, Roosevelt yelled "you must not talk that way to the President!" MacArthur offered to resign, but Roosevelt refused his request, and MacArthur then staggered out of the White House and vomited on the front steps.

spam

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Nichael posted:

Andromeda is a good game.

Also Dragon Age 2 was a good game.

I'll show myself out.

sir this isn't the suck zone

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Japanese TV is all normal stupid daytime poo poo and there's only the usual vague talk about NK on internet news...it sure doesn't seem from here that war is imminent or anything.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
I wasn't joking. I like Andromeda. Jetpack flamehand skull lady killing cat aliens is awesome.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

lmao is this for rreal

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

I wasn't joking. I like Andromeda. Jetpack flamehand skull lady killing cat aliens is awesome.

I googled the sex scenes because I"m a lonely man and holy poo poo the female model when she's having kinky asari sex looks like Ivanka trying to show that SEAL's widow empathy

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I'm not joking either. I've loved all four Mass Effects and the three Dragon Age games. They're all good in their own ways.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

Japanese TV is all normal stupid daytime poo poo and there's only the usual vague talk about NK on internet news...it sure doesn't seem from here that war is imminent or anything.

i think its just lame posturing but ya never know

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Concerned Citizen posted:

honestly of all the ways you could die, a nuclear fireball doesn't seem so bad. hell, i'm looking forward to it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frAEmhqdLFs

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Zelda is fantastic

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Baloogan posted:

you guys play the worst videogames

dont you play the super sperg no graphics sailing simulators tho

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

andromeda was a lot of fun made even funnier because of the hilarious graphical problems

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ramadu posted:

These exist ???!!!?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

mass effect is a neat universe hosed up by the need to fit into the standard bioware game formula constantly

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

loving why

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

Ramadu posted:

Biters died for my optimized pipeline set-up

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

euphronius posted:

Zelda is fantastic

Get me a Switch and I'll play. I have an unopened copy of it right next to me that I bought before the Prime discount expired, thinking I'd get a Switch soon. Turns out, people keep buying Switches before me???!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Nichael posted:

I'm not joking either. I've loved all four Mass Effects and the three Dragon Age games. They're all good in their own ways.

lmao there are so many great video games out there and you're going to bat for the games bioware made after literally all the talent quit the studio ahahahaha

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lol maybe they can ask her why she was off skiing when Trump was defunding women's health services

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

financially racist posted:

lmao there are so many great video games out there and you're going to bat for the games bioware made after literally all the talent quit the studio ahahahaha

I like my gay elf simulators, dude.

Epic High Five posted:

lol maybe they can ask her why she was off skiing when Trump was defunding women's health services

:shrug:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Nichael posted:

Get me a Switch and I'll play. I have an unopened copy of it right next to me that I bought before the Prime discount expired, thinking I'd get a Switch soon. Turns out, people keep buying Switches before me???!

It's really good

There are a couble wierd anime scenes but they are minimal

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Zas posted:

i think its just lame posturing but ya never know

NK will do or try something on the 15th most likely
Hopefully trump is re watching showgirls at the time

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Nichael posted:

I like my gay elf simulators, dude.

right we've already covered zelda is great

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

they keep making kotor over and over again except with less poo poo to do every time because it's more and more expensive to create the number of assets needed to make an rpg be the proper length

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

rofl @ the thought of wasting your time playing a lovely lovely lovely mass effect game when persona 5 is out

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

also, I'd probably be playing Horizon but I don't know how worth it is to buy a PS4 for like two or three games that won't be ported to PC, especially when PS Now exists.

besides that and Andromeda, what else is good right now? persona seems way too anime

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I tried starting dragon age origins and couldn't get into it after like 5 minutes. Is it worth sticking with? I made that mistake with deus ex the first playthrough when I was like "wtf my guns can't hit poo poo!"

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

also I've never played a witcher game

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

Nichael posted:

also, I'd probably be playing Horizon but I don't know how worth it is to buy a PS4 for like two or three games that won't be ported to PC, especially when PS Now exists.

besides that and Andromeda, what else is good right now? persona seems way too anime

Bloodborne is like really good man

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

zegermans posted:

1 and 2 are bad

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Nichael posted:

mass effect 3 had a loving space ninja, even actual literal anime is less anime than kai leng

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

the "proper length" of a rpg is 20-30 hours, not 80+

I have no clue why gamers are seemingly happy when a rpg is 800 hours but is really like 40 hours of content padded out

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Nichael posted:

persona seems way too anime

get nuked

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

zegermans posted:

I tried starting dragon age origins and couldn't get into it after like 5 minutes. Is it worth sticking with? I made that mistake with deus ex the first playthrough when I was like "wtf my guns can't hit poo poo!"

Yes, very much so. Dragon Age has a better setting and more consistent story than Mass Effect (there's yet to be a setting destroying R/B/G choice in it yet). Origins had a slow start and I put it down after like an hour too until I came back to it a few months later. Now it's probably my favorite game series.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Nichael posted:

persona's really good

well idk about 5 but 4 was great, it's kinda anime i guess but it leans more into the jrpg aesthetic really

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dark souls is the father I never had

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

the "proper length" of a rpg is 20-30 hours, not 80+

I have no clue why gamers are seemingly happy when a rpg is 800 hours but is really like 40 hours of content padded out

I have like 4000 hours in Monster Hunter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

zegermans posted:

I like bioware more than The Witcher

I'm going to :chloe: my own post now for you guys

• Locked thread