Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

banned from Starbucks posted:

also lol if you legit believe Hopkins sat through more than 5 minutes of any of that poo poo

Are you calling him a liar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

banned from Starbucks posted:

also lol if you legit believe Hopkins sat through more than 5 minutes of any of that poo poo

I don't think the director of Slipstream is characterized by his extremely subdued and classical taste

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Maybe different old English dudes like different types of movies? :shrug:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Maybe different old English dudes like different types of movies? :shrug:

All of the UK actors you can name have no qualms whatsoever about being in total garbage. They seem much less confused about the high art/low art thing than Americans. All films are low art.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

All of the UK actors you can name have no qualms whatsoever about being in total garbage. They seem much less confused about the high art/low art thing than Americans. All films are low art.

You and I have talked about this before but I think we colonials just get fooled by the accent

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

DeimosRising posted:

You and I have talked about this before but I think we colonials just get fooled by the accent

For good reason, they value enunciation and diction and enshrine all of their goofy accents. But for some reason we associate that with classiness and not, I dunno, selfcenteredness.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

All films are art.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

And the good kind at that.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
It's kind of like Stephen Fry being a huge Arnold Schwarzenegger fan.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

it's really funny to see preconceived notions being challenged once more in the Hasbro plastic marketing department adaptation thread.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

sassassin posted:

Are you calling him a liar?

yes

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
New trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQm3djLYWB8

So, uh, did they make Unicron/Cybertron personified by a woman? Or is she one of the Creators Lockdown spoke of? This film looks insane.

Milkfred E. Moore fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Apr 12, 2017

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Given that a ship like Lockdown's shows up in that trailer, I'm wondering if the theory I believed - that Lockdown alluded to the creators unleashing Unicron or whatever with his "wiping the board clean" comment - tracks into this film at all. Loving the trailer music, and some of those shots!

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Holy poo poo, it's the imagination of a sugared up 9 year old in video form.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Milky Moor posted:

New trailer.

So, uh, did they make Unicron/Cybertron personified by a woman? Or is she one of the Creators Lockdown spoke of? This film looks insane.

If I was 10 years old this would instantly be my favorite movie.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Milky Moor posted:

New trailer.

God this movie is going to be loving amazing.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
I'm kind of sad this movie is going to need a plot and characters, I'd pay to see two hours of Bay doing robot cosmic horror.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Milky Moor posted:

New trailer.

I have seen all 4 Transformers movies (multiple times) and watched most of the trailers for this one and I still have no loving clue how they got here from the plot of the first movie, or how they're going to tie all of this together in a ~150 minute film.

But if anyone can do it, Bay can.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
I love the glorious aspect-ratio changes. Just, all the time.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

General Battuta posted:

I'm kind of sad this movie is going to need a plot and characters, I'd pay to see two hours of Bay doing robot cosmic horror.

With any luck, the plot will be appropriately contradictory and the characters acceptably thin to keep the focus on the inventive ways Prime has for taking faces.

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

I have seen all 4 Transformers movies (multiple times) and watched most of the trailers for this one and I still have no loving clue how they got here from the plot of the first movie, or how they're going to tie all of this together in a ~150 minute film.

But if anyone can do it, Bay can.

I want to see the sort of Bayformer movie timeline after this film. I do enjoy how the films approach to continuity is just to blatantly disregard it.

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

...so that that floating metal girl talking to Prime is a "creator?"

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Alienwarehouse posted:

...so that that floating metal girl talking to Prime is a "creator?"

Prime's going to stop trying to destroy the earth when he realizes Mark Wahlberg's mother is also named Quintessa.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Robot Style posted:

Prime's going to stop trying to destroy the earth when he realizes Mark Wahlberg's mother is also named Quintessa.

:perfect:

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

Two shots stood out for me:

Who's this?

Megatron looks better than ever.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

That's Cogman, the butler to Anthony Hopkin's character (and voiced by the butler from Downton Abbey).

http://i.imgur.com/QF3ZY6S.mp4

He's the guy who can rip off another Transformer's head and then transform into its new head.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Alienwarehouse posted:

Two shots stood out for me:

Megatron looks better than ever.

Feels like we're seeing Megatron at his best in this desert shot. Interesting to contrast with the last time we saw him in a desert.

Over/under on them not explaining how Galvatron returned to being Megatron? As far as the body goes, I mean.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Milky Moor posted:

New trailer.

there's so much whiplash in this trailer. i can't tell who's good, who's bad, what era it's in, what sort of location, even the aspect ratio switches every 3 seconds

I'm so loving pumped for this movie. It's like jacking directly into the matrix if the matrix were an amalgamation of every action movie of the last 10 or so years. I'm there, day one, in IMAX.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Notice how it shows Megatron as Hopkins says "Leaders'.

Also, still lolling at people being amazed that an older man from the UK could like Transformers. Go check out the crowd when this movie comes out, there'll be at least a few old dudes super into it. And besides, the guy's most famous role is an American cannibal named Hannibal. He was in Thor, Mission Impossible, Westworld, Beowul & RED2. He's into genre poo poo as much as anyone. Just because someone is old and from the UK doesn't mean that they're only into thoughtful, aristocratic masterpieces.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Dude's in loving Bram Stoker's Dracula, and not only that, he's one of the few people in the movie who acts like he gives a poo poo.

e: I guess you could make a case for Gary Oldman, too

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Dude's in loving Bram Stoker's Dracula, and not only that, he's one of the few people in the movie who acts like he gives a poo poo.

e: I guess you could make a case for Gary Oldman, too

When did you last see it? Whatever BSD is, it ain't low effort

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

General Battuta posted:

I'm kind of sad this movie is going to need a plot

I have good news for you!

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
That's Megatron headbutting Optimus Prime at 2:20.

This movie had better open up at TJ Miller's funeral.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Zeris posted:

That's Megatron headbutting Optimus Prime at 2:20.

This movie had better open up at TJ Miller's funeral.

The robot sliding down the metal slope to sucker punch Optimus like a radical dude is also Megatron.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I'm thinking Megatron kills Prime and Hot Rod takes over

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
i'm hoping megatron kills prime and prime becomes unicron's herald and then hot rod kills prime

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

I think this might be Optimus' last movie. Hopefully Megatron stays alive for the inevitable EU.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
What happened to Megatrons child-bearing hips and vagina? Isn't he supposed to be a "bitch"?

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

Looks like The Last Knight filming took place at literally the same area that Prometheus did at one point:

Prometheus screens:

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

UmOk posted:

What happened to Megatrons child-bearing hips and vagina? Isn't he supposed to be a "bitch"?

He died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Then he was reconstructed with a gaping turbine-hole in his chest, into which he plunged Optimus' sword, melting and devouring it.