Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

HenryEx posted:

I was about to say that they really sound nothing a like, but then i noticed what you mean. They both have gibberish lyrics.

"Clownfish is small, it's heart is big" is not gibberish. Just because the kid has a lisp...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

f#a# posted:

I can't bring myself to do what I presume is the last leg of route C after finishing A2 and Pascal's section
I saw this through to the end. One thing is certain: I'm rooting for you.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Just finished. I know this is old news to almost everyone else, but man. This game.

Oddly, the moment that most impressed me was just the smooth cinematic shift from A2's brawling to the last 9S flight unit bit. Really nice trick that games could do more, but generally don't.

And, well, it was a happy ending, so that's a nice surprise. 9S and 2B are alive and together, with the external reasons their interactions got so messed up gone, A2's got a new lease on life, and most importantly, Jackass now knows the score. The world of Nier needs someone whose response to block puzzles is high explosives.

Hell, we even get something nice for the future, as opposed to the usual where anything that takes place after the game confirms the way of all flesh. Emil's head's weapon story implies 2E's got more than a few centuries left for her stretch of the timeline.

Good for them.

chiasaur11 fucked around with this message at 00:25 on May 12, 2021

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ok, I just finished the intro to route B... is there anything I should know before plowing through this chapter?

I was planning on using this playthrough to grind weapons but it doesn't seem like weapons matter as much this time around?

Also, I tried reading reddit/google but I just don't understand fusing diamond chips. I'm the kind of player who really loves upgrading and grinding out upgrades, at what point can I try to start farming/maxing out diamond chips?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Grinding is way easier in route C.

My recommendation for B is to complete before the point of no return (which should be obvious) at least a few story-significant sidequests:

-Yorha Betrayers

-Amnesia

-Emil's Memories

-Anemone's Past

-Data analysis freak

I think a bunch of others also make sense, but that's off the top of my head. You still generally want to build up a good melee capability for route C. (I feel like people have a lot of trouble with Hegel because they didn't build for it in route B. On my second play through where I was sure to build up lots of +Weapon attack and max out the relevant weapons Hegel was pretty straightforward.)

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

HenryEx posted:

Man, you really missed the point, then.

He's just getting his data from his backup on the bunker :v:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

Also, I tried reading reddit/google but I just don't understand fusing diamond chips. I'm the kind of player who really loves upgrading and grinding out upgrades, at what point can I try to start farming/maxing out diamond chips?
Two diamond chips make a diamond chip of the next higher bonus when fused. If you don't mind a lot of grinding for diamond chips only, you can stop reading right there.

However: at certain bonus levels, you can make a diamond chip of the next higher level by fusing a diamond chip and a same-bonus regular chip that takes one more slot than the diamond chip. So a +1 diamond [4] and a +1 [5] chip make a +2 diamond chip. This works for bonus levels 0 and +1; at +2 you have to fuse two diamond chips to get a diamond +3. And I think from then it simply works for odd bonus levels, but not for even, but don't quote me on that. My method once I figured this out was to keep only chips that were already diamond or that had the lowest cost for their bonus and fuse them into diamonds as I went. However, you can apparently still go deeper by fusing regular chips into those low-cost higher bonus ones. Too complicated for me, to be honest - I also never fused anything higher than +3, maybe +4, so if this system breaks apart as you go higher, I wouldn't know.

The guy at the camp can fuse chips up to level (I think) +6. Do the sidequest for the machine down in the deep ravine, and he becomes a shop that can go higher.

Also, getting some Drop Rate Up chips helps with the farming. Get them from flyers in the amusement park. The roller coaster's a good place. Hope you got an auto collect chip though.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
How many chests require or at least greatly incentive hacking a flier? I've found several in the flooded city on that one building, one in the main city by the golden robots, and the one in the underground factory that's blocked off by a stair case.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hyper Inferno posted:

How many chests require or at least greatly incentive hacking a flier? I've found several in the flooded city on that one building, one in the main city by the golden robots, and the one in the underground factory that's blocked off by a stair case.

Zero require it because I never even thought of it and got them all by tricky jumping maneuvers. You've listed all the ones that are a pain to get.

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Lern 2 jump

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Ending C spoilers:
Not sure that I comprehend the reveal that 2B was an E-series assassin bot. Are we just to take it that she's just killed 9S a bunch of times before the start of the game because he got too close to the truth and they restarted his base self with no memories in another body?

How much did SHE know? The E-series were meant to be replacements so...was she meant to die with the rest of Yorha?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

VagueRant posted:

Ending C spoilers:
Not sure that I comprehend the reveal that 2B was an E-series assassin bot. Are we just to take it that she's just killed 9S a bunch of times before the start of the game because he got too close to the truth and they restarted his base self with no memories in another body?

How much did SHE know? The E-series were meant to be replacements so...was she meant to die with the rest of Yorha?

1) Yes

2) Yes, all of YoRHa was meant to die. Like literally all of YoRHa. The next wave of androids will not be YoRHa.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Is there another save point in the abandoned factory other than the one at the entrance?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not in the area you can reach any time, no.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

NonzeroCircle posted:

Is there another save point in the abandoned factory other than the one at the entrance?

Only the entrance one is transport enabled.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Fangz posted:

Only the entrance one is transport enabled.
Not true. You can warp to the other two way later in the game

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

God in heaven

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
well done, comic-drawing-machine

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

:eyepop:

Analysis: fresh.

Ixjuvin fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Apr 14, 2017

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

That's A Win.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

:holymoley:

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

:drat:

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Ha!

You make this yourself?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

:5:

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
I just started playing this game.

Is there any way to not leave a death message? They annoy me.

EDIT: And OH MY GOD, the way they gently caress with the camera in all those 'cool cinematic angles' during boss fights is infuriating.

Backhand fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Apr 14, 2017

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Backhand posted:

Stop dying.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

a kitten posted:

Stop dying.
This is sound advice.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
A shame you cant just pick one phrase out of the three components

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Rangpur posted:

Ha!

You make this yourself?

I did not, sorry. I found it reposted on /v/ and thought the thread would like it. :shobon:

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

Beautiful

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Backhand posted:

EDIT: And OH MY GOD, the way they gently caress with the camera in all those 'cool cinematic angles' during boss fights is infuriating.

The one that happens during the opera fight was just :psyduck:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, the part where you are looking straight down​ trying to shoot and dodge things from offscreen for like no reason is a huge blemish on the coolest boss in the game.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Snak posted:

Yeah, the part where you are looking straight down​ trying to shoot and dodge things from offscreen for like no reason is a huge blemish on the coolest boss in the game.

The minimap helps a lot with that one. Which I only really noticed because I kept dying, but hey. It helped.

At least it's hacking attacks, so you can avoid taking damage.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

chiasaur11 posted:

The minimap helps a lot with that one. Which I only really noticed because I kept dying, but hey. It helped.

At least it's hacking attacks, so you can avoid taking damage.

It's still dumb. Like it's not a particularly challenging part, it's just really inconvenient and annoying.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance

:wow:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Just fully completed the game earlier today, getting all endings, all trophies (though i bought the upskirt and an hour without pants ones), All weapons maxed, all pods maxed, all documents found, all 3 hidden bosses beaten and now I'm just going through the text before deleting my save to help future players. Pretty great game overall, though while much better gameplaywise than the original, I still vastly prefer the original.

Also I said this in another thread but I like that Taro said that Nier Automata was not going to be depressing but in the end, once you go through everything it's a game entirely about meaningless cycles being endlessly repeated for making the beings of the world feel like they have a purpose, even if they actually don't and all was lost literally thousands of years ago. I mean it's a story about machines trying to exist within obsolete programming and also trying to better themselves and honestly not doing a very good job

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

glam rock hamhock posted:

Just fully completed the game earlier today, getting all endings, all trophies (though i bought the upskirt and an hour without pants ones), All weapons maxed, all pods maxed, all documents found, all 3 hidden bosses beaten and now I'm just going through the text before deleting my save to help future players. Pretty great game overall, though while much better gameplaywise than the original, I still vastly prefer the original.

Also I said this in another thread but I like that Taro said that Nier Automata was not going to be depressing but in the end, once you go through everything it's a game entirely about meaningless cycles being endlessly repeated for making the beings of the world feel like they have a purpose, even if they actually don't and all was lost literally thousands of years ago. I mean it's a story about machines trying to exist within obsolete programming and also trying to better themselves and honestly not doing a very good job

That's the point of Ending E. The cycle is over. That's why it's called 'End of YoRHa', not just because of the literal end of the YoRHa program.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

That's the point of Ending E. The cycle is over. That's why it's called 'End of YoRHa', not just because of the literal end of the YoRHa program.

But even then, the pods realize that they are just giving them the potential to do something new, and the same thing might still happen again and again and again. It adds a small bit of hope of something but also might have done nothing but create a new cycle