Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/23469/ Looks like we've got a new wasteland plant mod on the scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
It'd be great if mod authors would take screenshots of their graphics mods without some drab-rear end ENB running on top. It's hard to tell if the textures are washed out or if some post processing they're throwing on top is to blame.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.

Terrorforge posted:

When playing Horizon you need to consider the cost/benefit ratio of every action you take. Early on you'll want to avoid a lot of fights not because you can't win but because winning won't earn you enough to replace the ammo and healing you used. Attacking animals and mutants is a particularly poor investment, especially beefier ones like Mirelurks. And hoard Adhesives, because they're used to craft absolutely everything, including vital bandages.

As for mods, it's mostly whatever aesthetic and quality of life ones you like. I find Sleep or Save completely essentially in any sort of survival run, and DEF_UI is pretty much a necessity. Just remember that Horizon has its own sorting mod, so don't try to combine it with VIS or anything like that because it will mess your items right up. I also like to use Journal of the Sole Survivor to keep track of all the recipes and stuff I need since there's no wiki or anything.

What I like about Horizon, is that it doesn't make the game super hardcore difficult like that Frost mod. All it does is take the vanilla game, and make things make more sense as far as resources. In Frost, I would be insta-killed by the beginning raiders. In Horizon, I don't really find combat to be a lot more difficult, although I do melee more, because of lack of ammo.

As TerrorForge said you gotta not only watch your ammo, but also your cooked food, purified water amounts, bandages, antibiotics, trauma kits, and antidotes. Since I cannot quick travel around(at least not easily, I don't have the cargo convoy stations built everywhere), I always have this decision point where I need think about turning back and resupplying at home base(Sanctuary for me) or keep going, but then have the problem of not having enough ammo or water for the return trip. There's been a couple of times where I made the wrong decision and crawl back into Sanctuary with half health, half radiation, only few bullets left for my weakest pistol and sometimes with a broken leg or poison on me. Either that, or have enough caps to pay a doctor to fix you up(Which he fixed now to make more sense, as you just pay what the doctor fixes scaled to your health/rads).

For example, one thing I do is hunt by machete any radstags I see, because I want to gather the meat for food, but I don't want to spend ammo. In the vanilla game, I pretty much ignored radstags. In Horizon, I'm the scourge of radstags, although a couple of times., I accidentally tried to melee a legendary skull level radstag who give me a good kick in the shins for my effort.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Here's my recommended mods for a super immersive, fairly lightweight Horizon playthrough

(ShadowBoost+ENBoost+Optimized Textures)
Far Area Reform
Interiors Enhanced - Darker Ambient Light and Fog
DEF_UI/Valacil Item Sorting
WOF Ballistic Overhaul (with trails, trust me, you'll poo poo yourself when you're playing Horizon and you see trails and hear a firefight off in the distance)
reverb+ambience overhaul
True Storms+Natural Atmospheric Commonwealth (compatibility patch here http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19834/ )
Armorsmith Extended (Horizon compatibility patch)
Towbie's Realistic Gun Fire Overhaul (this with reverb+ambience overhaul and no music is god-tier)
Homemaker (Horizon compatibility patch)
Sim Settlements (Horizon compatibility patch)
Raider Overhaul (Horizon compatibility patch)
No More Combat Music (optional but I turn off music generally depending on the situation)
Classic Fallout Ambience (alternate version which combines Fallout 1+2+4 ambient music)
Crossbows of the commonwealth (Horizon compatibility patch)
HORIZON Survival Overhaul

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Apr 13, 2017

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Fina posted:

It'd be great if mod authors would take screenshots of their graphics mods without some drab-rear end ENB running on top. It's hard to tell if the textures are washed out or if some post processing they're throwing on top is to blame.

The textures in that ENB and lighting preset are sort of washed out. The palette is much flatter than vanilla.

Here's what it looks like without an ENB. After just a few minutes of testing it, I've got to admit that it's my favorite grass mod so far. There's much more diversity than what the others I've used offer.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Holy poo poo, has anyone seen this? Goodbye ENB.
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/images/71370/?go=force_view

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Holy Jeebus, that looks way too good.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Yeah, that's the lighting mod that the True Grass guy used for his screenshots. This new version looks good enough to make me finally ditch True Storms/Vivid Weathers.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

turn off the TV posted:

Yeah, that's the lighting mod that the True Grass guy used for his screenshots. This new version looks good enough to make me finally ditch True Storms/Vivid Weathers.

drat, I could've sworn that was ENB.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I mean, the features sound cool, but it seems like is makes everything look washed out and drab. There's a few shots with a nice sky, but everything else looks flat and pale, aside from the Institute which is blinding the hell out of me.

I guess it could be the textures? Maybe I need to see it on a mod where color exists in the world.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Midnight Voyager posted:

I mean, the features sound cool, but it seems like is makes everything look washed out and drab. There's a few shots with a nice sky, but everything else looks flat and pale, aside from the Institute which is blinding the hell out of me.

I guess it could be the textures? Maybe I need to see it on a mod where color exists in the world.

You can change pretty much every aspect of the lighting with that mod. Here's it with the ENB I'm using:

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Those are ridiculously dark shadows.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
On Horizon talk, I been playing it the past week and what I like compared to vanilla is he seems to of fixed the obvious oversights in how certain valuable items were thrown at you faster then you can use them, like in vanilla by the time you leave sanctuary you'd probably be level 20 with unlimited free water and caps for selling it.

Some of the things that are changed in Horizon:

Healing is rare and valuable and first aid kits only usually have some of the materials for crafting healing with actual healing items being extremely rare.
Bobbypins don't show up in the firstaid kits either, I'm hovering in the 10ish bobbypin range constantly and it's the first time I'm considering taking the final lockpicking perk so that all my bobbypins can go towards crafting healing items.
Purified water is much harder to get started requiring buying or finding filters and you seem to be limited to 2 bottles per settlement per day and it requires liquid fuel to keep the machines running, but you can access that water in any settlement you built his storage system for it in.
Cloth is actually kinda hard to get a hold of, pre-war money and cigs don't salvage into cloth anymore so you can't make a bed out of 2 cigarettes and a dollar anymore, a lot of materials got their salvage changed to make it so some of the valuable materials don't just quickly stockpile into the hundreds like in vanilla.
Rads are pretty scary and the red health tends to stick around for awhile until you make it back to a doctor and have a few hundred caps to spare.
Ammo is pretty scarce until you get scrounger ranked up a bit and look in every little container and even then, though it comes with the downside of getting the ammo for full auto weapons being a far off dream, although he bumped up the full auto damage to compensate.
Perks overhauled and the majority of big damage boosts are removed and the gameplay is more easily balanced around that instead of the variance of having to balance for the guy with no damage perks or 100-150% damage boosts.

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Here's my recommended mods for a super immersive, fairly lightweight Horizon playthrough

Far Area Reform
WOF Ballistic Overhaul (with trails, trust me, you'll poo poo yourself when you're playing Horizon and you see trails and hear a firefight off in the distance)
reverb+ambience overhaul
True Storms+Natural Atmospheric Commonwealth (compatibility patch here http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19834/ )
Towbie's Realistic Gun Fire Overhaul (this with reverb+ambience overhaul and no music is god-tier)
No More Combat Music (optional but I turn off music generally depending on the situation)
Classic Fallout Ambience (alternate version which combines Fallout 1+2+4 ambient music)
I like seeing what other people use for their mod lists, that is pretty similar to what I picked out myself, I should probably give ballistic overhaul and raider overhaul a try.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Mr. Crow posted:

Those are ridiculously dark shadows.

Yeah, I'm not sure what's causing that. It's something to do with the ENB settings I'm using, though.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I remember this one lighting mod I used on New Vegas made daytime lighting look way more pleasing and natural, but it made night-time pretty much unplayably dark.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Lurdiak posted:

I remember this one lighting mod I used on New Vegas made daytime lighting look way more pleasing and natural, but it made night-time pretty much unplayably dark.

You can actually adjust the exposure and in game brightness settings for day/night time individually with NAC, which is pretty nifty.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

turn off the TV posted:

You can actually adjust the exposure and in game brightness settings for day/night time individually with NAC, which is pretty nifty.

Well that's good. I'm glad modders have gotten less rigid in recent years.

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

More of a furnace, really

AgentHaiTo posted:

What I like about Horizon, is that it doesn't make the game super hardcore difficult like that Frost mod. All it does is take the vanilla game, and make things make more sense as far as resources. In Frost, I would be insta-killed by the beginning raiders. In Horizon, I don't really find combat to be a lot more difficult, although I do melee more, because of lack of ammo.

As TerrorForge said you gotta not only watch your ammo, but also your cooked food, purified water amounts, bandages, antibiotics, trauma kits, and antidotes. Since I cannot quick travel around(at least not easily, I don't have the cargo convoy stations built everywhere), I always have this decision point where I need think about turning back and resupplying at home base(Sanctuary for me) or keep going, but then have the problem of not having enough ammo or water for the return trip. There's been a couple of times where I made the wrong decision and crawl back into Sanctuary with half health, half radiation, only few bullets left for my weakest pistol and sometimes with a broken leg or poison on me. Either that, or have enough caps to pay a doctor to fix you up(Which he fixed now to make more sense, as you just pay what the doctor fixes scaled to your health/rads).

For example, one thing I do is hunt by machete any radstags I see, because I want to gather the meat for food, but I don't want to spend ammo. In the vanilla game, I pretty much ignored radstags. In Horizon, I'm the scourge of radstags, although a couple of times., I accidentally tried to melee a legendary skull level radstag who give me a good kick in the shins for my effort.

Yeah, it's almost cliché to say at this point but Horizon really does feel a lot more like a grueling survival experience than self-described "Survival Simulator" FROST does. Getting instantly murdered by the first raider that spots you is probably a realistic simulation to the average person's wasteland survival experience but it doesn't exactly do wonders for immersion. It's kind of weird actually how Horizon's "gentler" approach makes you pay for a mistakes in a way FROST's brutal difficulty doesn't. If you make a mistake in FROST you just die and reload, but if you make a mistake in Horizon you'll live only to be cussing yourself out 45 minutes later because now you have to fight a half-dozen raiders with 7 bullets and no stimpaks.

Horizon also used to have this thing where you'd pretty much be stuck just using pipe weapons at first and then have to rotate between a dozen different guns as you ran out of ammo, but they've put in an ammo crafting system now so it should be easier to just stick with whatever you like.

And for those who are interested, here's my complete Horizon loadout: https://pastebin.com/U7S4k721
DISCLAIMER: I'm only just getting back into the game and haven't touched this since my last stint in late February and I haven't cleared it of pointless, detrimental or outdated mods.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I've recently reinstalled to try Sim Settlements, and I'm having some stability issues. I think it might simply be my system getting on in years, but if there are any recommended performance / stability mods that'd be cool. The OP is a bit old at this point so I dunno if stuff like ShadowBoost is still recommended.

My load order:
code:
 0  0 Fallout4.esm
 1  1 DLCRobot.esm
 2  2 DLCworkshop01.esm
 3  3 DLCCoast.esm
 4  4 DLCworkshop02.esm
 5  5 DLCworkshop03.esm
 6  6 DLCNukaWorld.esm
 7  7 SimSettlements.esm
 8  8 ArmorKeywords.esm
 9  9 HUDFramework.esm
      Live Dismemberment - BrutalNoHeadshots.esp
      Live Dismemberment - LiebermodeNoHeadshots.esp
10  a Live Dismemberment - RegularNoHeadshots.esp
11  b SleepOrSave.esp
12  c Spare Railroad as Institute.esp
13  d BaldingGhouls.esp
14  e Marmo1233 - Immersive Settlers.esp
15  f HDCreaturesRework2K.esp
16 10 Genetical Father 0.2.esp
17 11 AnotherLife.esp
18 12 Altairp's Animal Farm.esp
19 13 SimSettlements_AddOnPack_Utilities_JtBryant.esp
20 14 MJC_Sim_Settlements_Addon.esp
21 15 ValdacilsItemSorting-00-ValsPicks-DLCVersion-VanillaWeight.esp
22 16 Weapons of Fate.esp
23 17 SimSettlements_VIS.esp
24 18 CriticalHitsOutsideofVATS.esp
25 19 FAR.esp
26 1a FO4 NPCs Travel.esp
27 1b SalvageBeacons.esp

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Goddamn it you guys are making me want to PLAY Fallout rather than learn how to mod it. :negative:

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Woebin posted:

I've recently reinstalled to try Sim Settlements, and I'm having some stability issues. I think it might simply be my system getting on in years, but if there are any recommended performance / stability mods that'd be cool. The OP is a bit old at this point so I dunno if stuff like ShadowBoost is still recommended.

My load order:
code:
 0  0 Fallout4.esm
 1  1 DLCRobot.esm
 2  2 DLCworkshop01.esm
 3  3 DLCCoast.esm
 4  4 DLCworkshop02.esm
 5  5 DLCworkshop03.esm
 6  6 DLCNukaWorld.esm
 7  7 SimSettlements.esm
 8  8 ArmorKeywords.esm
 9  9 HUDFramework.esm
10  a Live Dismemberment - RegularNoHeadshots.esp
11  b SleepOrSave.esp
13  d BaldingGhouls.esp
14  e Marmo1233 - Immersive Settlers.esp
15  f HDCreaturesRework2K.esp
16 10 Genetical Father 0.2.esp
17 11 AnotherLife.esp
18 12 Altairp's Animal Farm.esp
19 13 SimSettlements_AddOnPack_Utilities_JtBryant.esp
20 14 MJC_Sim_Settlements_Addon.esp
21 15 ValdacilsItemSorting-00-ValsPicks-DLCVersion-VanillaWeight.esp
23 17 SimSettlements_VIS.esp
24 18 CriticalHitsOutsideofVATS.esp
25 19 FAR.esp
26 1a FO4 NPCs Travel.esp
27 1b SalvageBeacons.esp

Where/when are you crashing? What is your mod installation order?

Without any of that information I'm going to say that Another Life is your most likely culprit. It's pretty outdated at this point, Start Me Up is a much more well implemented and stable alternative.

That said, if your Sim Settlements expansion mods are installed before the main file through your mod manager there could be some stability issues. You also should only be running one Live Dismemberment .esp

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Sometimes you just need bonus dismemberment. :shrug:

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

turn off the TV posted:

Where/when are you crashing? What is your mod installation order?

Without any of that information I'm going to say that Another Life is your most likely culprit. It's pretty outdated at this point, Start Me Up is a much more well implemented and stable alternative.

That said, if your Sim Settlements expansion mods are installed before the main file through your mod manager there could be some stability issues. You also should only be running one Live Dismemberment .esp
Oh sorry, yeah should've qualified. I got some crashes when manually assigning settlers to Sim plots, but figured out it happens automatically so I stopped doing that, and the other crashes I don't remember the exact circumstances. It's generally run for 1-2 hours before crashing so it's no huge deal honestly, maybe that's just something I ought to accept and be more careful to save frequently. I'll definitely look into Start Me Up, too bad about having to restart though but I'll take it. As for Live Dismemberment I'm only actually running one .esp, as you can see the others don't have numbers assigned in the list (exported from LOOT) because they're not checked. I guess I'll disable Sleep or Save too since I'm not playing Survival anyway.

Thanks!

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Woebin posted:

Oh sorry, yeah should've qualified. I got some crashes when manually assigning settlers to Sim plots, but figured out it happens automatically so I stopped doing that, and the other crashes I don't remember the exact circumstances.

Okay, knowing this there's a chance that it's Immersive Settlers causing you problems.

Version 1 of the mod edits a vanilla script dealing with the workshop. The version uploaded on the 12th removes any script edits, so if you're running the old version it may be messing things up.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

turn off the TV posted:

Okay, knowing this there's a chance that it's Immersive Settlers causing you problems.

Version 1 of the mod edits a vanilla script dealing with the workshop. The version uploaded on the 12th removes any script edits, so if you're running the old version it may be messing things up.
Cool, I literally set things up yesterday so it's not an old version, but I might as well disable it because I don't see myself caring much what the settlers are named.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Woebin posted:

Cool, I literally set things up yesterday so it's not an old version, but I might as well disable it because I don't see myself caring much what the settlers are named.

Well, I did another check, because the workshop thing really sounds like a script problem. According to the Sim Settlements FAQ, HUD Framework.esm needs to be above the Sim Settlements.esm in the load order.

If Sim Settlements has a UI popup for assigning settlers to its own plots that would explain that crash.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

turn off the TV posted:

Well, I did another check, because the workshop thing really sounds like a script problem. According to the Sim Settlements FAQ, HUD Framework.esm needs to be above the Sim Settlements.esm in the load order.

If Sim Settlements has a UI popup for assigning settlers to its own plots that would explain that crash.
LOOT's ensured that HUD Framework comes before Sim Settlements in the load order, as intended. Anyway I went through and cleaned up my mod list a bit, tossed some stuff that didn't feel that exciting and all that. Current load order should be better.
code:
 0  0 Fallout4.esm
 1  1 DLCRobot.esm
 2  2 DLCworkshop01.esm
 3  3 DLCCoast.esm
 4  4 DLCworkshop02.esm
 5  5 DLCworkshop03.esm
 6  6 DLCNukaWorld.esm
 7  7 SimSettlements.esm
 8  8 ArmorKeywords.esm
 9  9 HUDFramework.esm
10  a ValdacilsItemSorting-00-ValsPicks-DLCVersion-VanillaWeight.esp
11  b StartMeUp.esp
13  d BaldingGhouls.esp
14  e HDCreaturesRework2K.esp
15  f Altairp's Animal Farm.esp
16 10 SimSettlements_AddOnPack_Utilities_JtBryant.esp
17 11 SimSettlements_VIS.esp
18 12 CriticalHitsOutsideofVATS.esp
19 13 FAR.esp
20 14 FO4 NPCs Travel.esp
21 15 SalvageBeacons.esp
23 17 Live Dismemberment - RegularNoHeadshots.esp
Thanks for effortposting on my behalf and troubleshooting stuff, it's really sweet of you. Gonna try this loadout for a bit and what the stability's like (on a new character, obviously).

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Woebin posted:

LOOT's ensured that HUD Framework comes before Sim Settlements in the load order, as intended. Anyway I went through and cleaned up my mod list a bit, tossed some stuff that didn't feel that exciting and all that. Current load order should be better.
code:
 0  0 Fallout4.esm
 1  1 DLCRobot.esm
 2  2 DLCworkshop01.esm
 3  3 DLCCoast.esm
 4  4 DLCworkshop02.esm
 5  5 DLCworkshop03.esm
 6  6 DLCNukaWorld.esm
 7  7 SimSettlements.esm
 8  8 ArmorKeywords.esm
 9  9 HUDFramework.esm
10  a ValdacilsItemSorting-00-ValsPicks-DLCVersion-VanillaWeight.esp
11  b StartMeUp.esp
13  d BaldingGhouls.esp
14  e HDCreaturesRework2K.esp
15  f Altairp's Animal Farm.esp
16 10 SimSettlements_AddOnPack_Utilities_JtBryant.esp
17 11 SimSettlements_VIS.esp
18 12 CriticalHitsOutsideofVATS.esp
19 13 FAR.esp
20 14 FO4 NPCs Travel.esp
21 15 SalvageBeacons.esp
23 17 Live Dismemberment - RegularNoHeadshots.esp
Thanks for effortposting on my behalf and troubleshooting stuff, it's really sweet of you. Gonna try this loadout for a bit and what the stability's like (on a new character, obviously).

It looks like HUD framework is still below Sim Settlements in this load order. I'm not sure if LOOT is getting it moved correctly.

Also, I've got to admit, part of the reason I'm interested is because you've got my mod on there. :v:

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

turn off the TV posted:

It looks like HUD framework is still below Sim Settlements in this load order. I'm not sure if LOOT is getting it moved correctly.

Also, I've got to admit, part of the reason I'm interested is because you've got my mod on there. :v:
Lol whoops, I looked in the wrong place and was sure it was in the right place. That's probably a large part of the issue then, I'll have to figure out how to alter the order manually.

And yeah, forgot that one mod was yours! I liked the preview screenshots a lot so I figured I'd throw it in there, since this version sounded like it shouldn't affect performance much either.

E: Welp, first crash came pretty soon after starting, during the transition while exiting the Concord Workhouse to the rooftop. Nice.

Woebin fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Apr 14, 2017

Smuggins
Mar 14, 2008

Blasphemy! Blasphoryou! Blasphoreveryone!
Fun Shoe

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Far Area Reform
reverb+ambience overhaul

Well this thread has made me revisit the game and given I never got much farther than the entrance of the BoS and haven't touched any of the DLC, I think I will take a hard look at your list as a baseline Horizon list and go from there.

There goes my free time.

E: You didn't need the script extender right? It has been a long time since I modded and I'm at page one going over the basics :)

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

CascadeBeta posted:

Goddamn it you guys are making me want to PLAY Fallout rather than learn how to mod it. :negative:

I don't know a goddamn thing about modding, but a man can dream that one day the Automatron robot workbench will include cyberdogs.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I looked at more of the weathers that NAC includes and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEv6Soam-L0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSSb4LDvdcU

Cool mod.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

turn off the TV posted:

You can change pretty much every aspect of the lighting with that mod. Here's it with the ENB I'm using:

I'm not good at fiddling with that kind of thing though. Beyond "make night less dark", I don't really know what I'm doing.

okay, what's that first weather supposed to be in the first place? The second is a rust/dust/whatever storm, I guess, but the other one looks like white underwater.

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Apr 15, 2017

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Does horizon add or tweak weapons at all? I haven't played since before the first expansion pack, and I'd like to actually play through the story and all DLC and it sounds like Horizon fixes most gripes I have with vanilla gameplay.

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

Get out of here, Stalker.

Gyshall posted:

Does horizon add or tweak weapons at all? I haven't played since before the first expansion pack, and I'd like to actually play through the story and all DLC and it sounds like Horizon fixes most gripes I have with vanilla gameplay.

It completely retools combat, including modifying the damage of all weapons and the health, resists and damage of all NPCs. Enemies are no longer bullet sponges and while the player can still take a beating, the changes to healing and resource availability mean that getting injured actually matters now.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Just tried out NAC and HOLY poo poo I love it. God drat.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Gonkish posted:

Just tried out NAC and HOLY poo poo I love it. God drat.

Are you using the debug or the stable version?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Midnight Voyager posted:

okay, what's that first weather supposed to be in the first place? The second is a rust/dust/whatever storm, I guess, but the other one looks like white underwater.

I think its in game name is "time storm."

I have no idea what it's supposed to be, either, but it's absolutely STALKER as hell and I love it.

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

So I just got back into this after an absence, and booting up the game looks like this with no mods and all the graphics settings cranked up to max:

Am I doing something wrong here or is the base game actually this ugly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Terrorforge posted:

Get out of here, Stalker.

It completely retools combat, including modifying the damage of all weapons and the health, resists and damage of all NPCs. Enemies are no longer bullet sponges and while the player can still take a beating, the changes to healing and resource availability mean that getting injured actually matters now.

I remember reading that it was going to add more guns at some point - did that ever happen? Reading through the features/changelogs, it doesn't look like it.

I'd just like to have the majority of canon guns in the game. Guns are my favorite part of Fallout