Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Banditoh
Aug 13, 2005
Shuli just isn't...likable. The one time I remember being on his side was that baby clothes argument, but beyond that I've just never found him funny. He's self-serving and annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

euphronius posted:

Jackie anything is the best

The jetty is still the highlight of the show.

I once e-mailed Jackie to ask if the jetty were still around. (This was a couple of years after he left the show.) He sent me a picture of it out in the water. :3:

(It's not an actual jetty -- those are great big rock walls that stick out into the water. I guess it was just the first nautical word Robin could think of, and it stuck.)

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
I never understood all the heat that Jackie got for being just a normal dude from the north shore of long island, especially when Howard and Gary were both from there as well. I think Gary got it more then Howard, but still seemed shocked by some simple facts about Jakie's life. The argument about Jackie's 3 crappy homes is a perfect example.
I am sure Howard and Gary both wish they bought investment properties in Bayville in the early 90's and then sold them in the 2000s when the market was insane on the north shore.

Everything he did was common practice for most people living out there during that time period....I remember my neighbor having a dock launch party each memorial day, and then having fireworks and a beach party.
Jackie was just a normal guy for the most part....super greedy and a marketing whore, but for the most part he was a normal white guy living on the north shore of long island in the 90's

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Listening to the 94 tapes, I forgot how hard they used to bust on Jackie for being old.

And now, they are all WAY older then he was then. :haw:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

My experience with listening to Shuli, aside from zee baby clothes thing (gently caress YOU, Doug :argh:) is only related to ETA.

So, in my eyes and ears, Shuli's alright.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

Banditoh posted:

Shuli just isn't...likable. The one time I remember being on his side was that baby clothes argument, but beyond that I've just never found him funny. He's self-serving and annoying.

To be fair, it was more Doug being an absolute tool than Shuli being likable or funny.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
When I listened to the Jackie mega pack I thought the parties Howard called white trash parties sounded really fun.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
That's because you're a normal human being and Howard never was.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
What ever happened to the larger news department? I remember when there would be "no more bullshit" news breaks about whats going on around the show and staff, and that just disappeared in 2014 or so. Then the latest was that Jon Lieberman slowly disappeared.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
I just saw this posted on the HS Reddit and I don't think I've ever loved Robin more than I do now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH8zBSIi2MM

It's probably the most negative I've ever heard anyone be about Beth on the show (outside of Sal).

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Aeka 2.0 posted:

What ever happened to the larger news department? I remember when there would be "no more bullshit" news breaks about whats going on around the show and staff, and that just disappeared in 2014 or so. Then the latest was that Jon Lieberman slowly disappeared.

They probably realized they didn't need a dozen idiots on payroll chasing stories about how many cookies Gary ate today

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

haljordan posted:

They probably realized they didn't need a dozen idiots on payroll chasing stories about how many cookies Gary ate today

After Lisa G found out about the wedding/engagement(?) ring, did they have any further problems with people investigating things Howard didn't like?

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I think they should have kept Penny Crone and canned Lisa G instead. I liked that they'd rag on Lisa for being a boring fuddy duddy, but Penny was nuts. She'd cry, yell, and complain all the time. It made for better radio.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Aeka 2.0 posted:

George Flowers was one that was let go during the first round and I'm not sure that was best. You could tell he was really disgusted by some of the things going on (like Sobian sitting on High Pitch Mike's face for a TV) which sometimes makes for good bit.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Bonzo posted:

George Flowers was one that was let go during the first round and I'm not sure that was best. You could tell he was really disgusted by some of the things going on (like Sobian sitting on High Pitch Mike's face for a TV) which sometimes makes for good bit.

Everyone was disgusted by that. It was a truly vile moment in show history.

Also just for :eng101: sake, it's Siobhan.

e: thinking about that bit made me dry heave. It's just so incredibly foul.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Apr 10, 2017

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

Seaside Loafer posted:

Put most of 1995 up as well (link below) . Ran out of space when got to 19th of November. 1995 is a great year, more OJ, loads of Billy West, Robin releases her book :)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6F45hiuqkbMRnk5NzQyazloeDA?usp=sharing

quote:

Had some free space on my google drive so put the oldest of my collection up there. 1994 but im missing Jan and Feb it looks like. Its a great year, OJ murders 2 people, the Gary puppet and Jackie puppet are invented, billy west is on the team. Hopefully this will work better than when I put 2001 up on filezilla and it marked things as copyrighted. There is also an incredible amount of raciest, sexist and homophobic humor which Howard wouldn't touch with a bargepole these days, case in point : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fWESSV_7cc

Thanks to whoever originally taped them off the radio (cant remember his name)

https://drive.google.com/drive/fold...WndEUXRxX3ExQ1U

Put most of 1995 up as well (link below) . Ran out of space when got to 19th of November. 1995 is a great year, more OJ, loads of Billy West, Robin releases her book

https://drive.google.com/drive/fold...eDA?usp=sharing

Bought some google drive space, I wanted it anyway, just hadn't got round to it, 1996 added link below. I did have to remove a bit of 1995 before I did that because I was out of space but I will re-add it when I work out which ones I removed. Represents progress :) 100 gigatraons of space to play with now!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6F45hiuqkbMZTdJM0FZdDl2cVE?usp=sharing

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Legendary. Thanks yet again.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Crotch Bat posted:

Everyone was disgusted by that. It was a truly vile moment in show history.

Also just for :eng101: sake, it's Siobhan.

e: thinking about that bit made me dry heave. It's just so incredibly foul.

Nah, I think the one where they get a guy to back to her house to have sex is wayyyyy worse.

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

Ether Frenzy posted:

Legendary. Thanks yet again.
Thanks, just someone tell me if they actually work, ive found ive hosed up those google drive share links many times.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

DeadBonesBrook posted:

I just saw this posted on the HS Reddit and I don't think I've ever loved Robin more than I do now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH8zBSIi2MM

It's probably the most negative I've ever heard anyone be about Beth on the show (outside of Sal).

LOL, I bought that stupid FHM. Hey guys, remember magazines? They used to be really important. :corsair:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Squashy Nipples posted:

LOL, I bought that stupid FHM. Hey guys, remember magazines? They used to be really important. :corsair:

I remember having the Garcelle Beauvais issue of Maxim, and wowzers. For non-internet-experienced teenage me, :eyepop:

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Aeka 2.0 posted:

The smash success of Lisa G's autobiography propelled her into a new stratosphere of fame, easily eclipsing the era when she was chased down the street by fans of her radio show with Ed Lover and Dr. Dre, and so Howard forced her out as he was jealous of all the attention she was receiving.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Sand Monster posted:

The smash success of Lisa G's autobiography propelled her into a new stratosphere of fame, easily eclipsing the era when she was chased down the street by fans of her radio show with Ed Lover and Dr. Dre, and so Howard forced her out as he was jealous of all the attention she was receiving.

:golfclap:

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2l_k0YLR_U

Just watched the Doug vs Shuli baby clothes thing you guys were talking about. Doug is a dick, who gives baby stuff and then takes it back to in order to just give it to someone else? I mean I get maybe wanting some stuff back if you needed it for your own kids. But to ask for a gift/donation back so you can just turn around and gift/donate it to someone else is incredibly bizarre.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I'd love to know the monetary value of those stupid clothes

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

haljordan posted:

I'd love to know the monetary value of those stupid clothes

zero point zero.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
So is Robin still out of the studio? They have had a few "microphone problems" over the past few weeks and she still sounds heavily compressed. Howard has regularly described something visual in detail more than usual before asking Robin for her response. It definitely sounds a lot like it did a few years ago...

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Even Shuli said they were nice and there were multiple bags so probably $200-300.

Car seats are expensive, though.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

Even Shuli said they were nice and there were multiple bags so probably $200-300.

Car seats are expensive, though.

Car seats also have expiration dates and probably arent supposed to be passed along like that.

But those are rules made up by "Big Car Seat" so take it with a grain of salt.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Based on Robin's half-baked Oprah-style platitudes and strident preaching the last two days I'm pretty sure her cancer has returned and spread to her brain.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

JB50 posted:

Car seats also have expiration dates and probably arent supposed to be passed along like that.

But those are rules made up by "Big Car Seat" so take it with a grain of salt.

I'm sure there's some degree of planned obsolescence but that sounds exactly like oil companies saying your car needs new oil every 3,000 miles.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Former Human posted:

Based on Robin's half-baked Oprah-style platitudes and strident preaching the last two days I'm pretty sure her cancer has returned and spread to her brain.

Her response to the Syria bombing made absolutely no sense. Howard let her off way too easy for that meaningless rant.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I think that a certain wack packer might agree with this one:

Oh, and the guy who originally drew Underdog died recently, I wonder if Shuli will get us some commentary on that.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
lol that the batman guy has the same mustache as Kelly.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

cumshitter posted:

lol that the batman guy has the same mustache as Kelly.

:tinfoil:

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

THANK YOU.

I read that post two hours ago, and had no idea how to respond.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
So Robin is definitely not in the studio. On Wednesday's show, they were promoting Monday's Takei birthday show and all the gay stuff that was going to happen and she mentioned "Do you really want to do that? You guys are in there!"

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Looks like Artie has been submitted by HBO for a best supporting actor Emmy for Chasing. He also mentioned that Judd Apatow did try appear on the Stern show to promote Chasing and was turned down...

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Lifespan posted:

Looks like Artie has been submitted by HBO for a best supporting actor Emmy for Chasing. He also mentioned that Judd Apatow did try appear on the Stern show to promote Chasing and was turned down...

We dont book comedians anymore right boff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Lifespan posted:

he was pretty good on the show but i dunno if he should win any awards for it