Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

victrix posted:

I'll pull on tactics banners until my entire a b and c teams are tactics

:same:

Zonko_T.M. posted:

So I finally cleared some of the Torment dungeons!
What the heck is the point of Snowspell Strike? This seems like it's exactly the same as the new 5* spellblades, except it hits TWO elements (whoopty doo). For some reason I thought it was AOE like Tornado Strike, but it's ST. I've got Celes with a Runic SB so even a R1 spellblade ability is useful, but it just doesn't seem worth having precious 6* crystals locked up in a very minor upgrade to the current batch of spellblade abilities.
I guess most of that's just powercreep.

I am, on the other hand, totally down with the 6* theif ability. Atk+mag debuff? Please and thank you!

Snowspell Strike is easily the best Spellblade ability. Two elements is rare for any ability and they're both good elements.

The big thing about two elements is that the game always chooses the strongest of the two, so if a boss absorbs ice and you hit it with Snowspell Strike, it takes wind damage and ignores the ice absorb.

And yes it hits really hard. Like, way harder than the others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Zonko_T.M. posted:

So I finally cleared some of the Torment dungeons!
What the heck is the point of Snowspell Strike? This seems like it's exactly the same as the new 5* spellblades, except it hits TWO elements (whoopty doo). For some reason I thought it was AOE like Tornado Strike, but it's ST. I've got Celes with a Runic SB so even a R1 spellblade ability is useful, but it just doesn't seem worth having precious 6* crystals locked up in a very minor upgrade to the current batch of spellblade abilities.
I guess most of that's just powercreep.

I am, on the other hand, totally down with the 6* theif ability. Atk+mag debuff? Please and thank you!

Cloud's usb lets any ability break the damage cap. Snowspell strike with runic is the perfect example of abusing this.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I was thinking Squall would probably be the best to put Snowspell strike on, since doesn't he get doublecast ice/spellblade and his own absurd BSB? Seems like something worth pairing with Lifesiphon on him while building into his BSB2.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

when is squall's second bsb going to be showing up anyhow, it's supposed to be a heck of a doozy, right? should probably bank 50 mythril for a draw

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Elephant Ambush posted:

And yes it hits really hard. Like, way harder than the others.

Snowspell x4.2
Twinstrikes x3.2
Tornado Strike x2.4
-Aga x2.1
-Ara x1.8

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Ah, yeah. I took it to one of the easier nightmare bosses, just to try it out, and that is a significant difference in damage!
Would've been a really good idea to put one of those on Squall. Whoops! Although I doubt I'll use it much outside of Celes since I'm probably not going to hone it any time soon.

I also finally beat Necrophobe. What a jerk.

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009
Very late, but my lucky draw was 2/11: Refia SSB and Papalymo SSB (Blizzaja). Meh.

Anyway, I decided to do a last minute pull on banner 3 since it's the only anniversary banner with less than 4 dupes at this point.

:eyepop: That'll do. Cid claws are a dupe because I pulled them when the banner was first released.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Decided to do one more pull on banner 3...

2 OSBs! :dance:

Both dupes of Gilgamesh's spear :smith:

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I am tempted to pull again on the anniversary but I want to pull on X and VIII events coming up, not to mention the Extreme Fest, so I have to stay strong. Also Keeper's Choice 3 if it EVER SHOWS UP.

I'm still grumpy about not getting Yuna BSB2 though. I'm hoping after the Rikku event they'll come back around to give Yuna some more stuff. I don't think she has a LMR in Japan yet.

Cowcaster posted:

when is squall's second bsb going to be showing up anyhow, it's supposed to be a heck of a doozy, right? should probably bank 50 mythril for a draw

It's right after the IV event, so maybe early June?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
What was the maintenence for?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

fridge corn posted:

What was the maintenence for?

Probably the finishing touches on next week's Daily Dungeon rehaul.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Reddit says we're getting a Global-unique Easter event

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
On one hand, I'll be sad that orbfest will go away.

On the other hand, bye bye you stupid fast black mages :fuckoff: die die die die die die die

EDIT: For the first time since orbfest started, I actually got an attack off before a mage did something.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Apr 13, 2017

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Asylum is such an absolute game changer of a medica bsb. I thought it was good in general and then I realized cmd1 is an instant cast curaja

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Thundercracker posted:

Asylum is such an absolute game changer of a medica bsb. I thought it was good in general and then I realized cmd1 is an instant cast curaja

Yeah I love it so much. Its seriously legit.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
"We are the Record Keepers. Warriors across time and space. Legendary heroes and villains. Kain, Lightning, Sephiroth, Thunder God Cid..... and scott"

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

There's no way to sell something from the vault, right?

Ended up somehow having a full vault and a full inventory at the same time, and the only thing I can do seems to be to spend 1 mythril on inventory or vault slots.

Do I just have to bite the bullet on that and then clear stuff out? It's only 1 mythril, so it's not a huge deal or anything, I just want to know if there's something I'm missing in case I do this again, because I'm a hoarder and I probably will.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
So I think I'm in the market for a new Android phone and I'd like some recommendations for phones that run FFRK relatively smoothly. It is my understanding that even the highest-end Android phones still have hiccups here and there so I'm not looking for perfection. What I want is for the occasional 8 second freeze during an SB animation to go away. I'd also like load times to go down if possible.

I'm also aware that most of the problem is the Nougat OS, or rather that DeNA hasn't updated FFRK to support it yet.

Also if possible I'd like some recommendations for a bigger phone/screen. I have big hands and I hate tiny phones.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

There's no way to sell something from the vault, right?

Ended up somehow having a full vault and a full inventory at the same time, and the only thing I can do seems to be to spend 1 mythril on inventory or vault slots.

Do I just have to bite the bullet on that and then clear stuff out? It's only 1 mythril, so it's not a huge deal or anything, I just want to know if there's something I'm missing in case I do this again, because I'm a hoarder and I probably will.

If you haven't maxed out your vault slots just go ahead and purchase another 50 slots with the 1 mithril. It's probably one of the most cost effective things to ever spend mithril on, in my opinion.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

So I think I'm in the market for a new Android phone and I'd like some recommendations for phones that run FFRK relatively smoothly. It is my understanding that even the highest-end Android phones still have hiccups here and there so I'm not looking for perfection. What I want is for the occasional 8 second freeze during an SB animation to go away. I'd also like load times to go down if possible.

I'm also aware that most of the problem is the Nougat OS, or rather that DeNA hasn't updated FFRK to support it yet.

Also if possible I'd like some recommendations for a bigger phone/screen. I have big hands and I hate tiny phones.

I have an Axon 7. Since the latest Android update 7.1.1, it's been running much better. Not perfect though by any means. Multiplayer still laggy as hell and some effects make it chug. As far as I've read the only good platform is iOS. Even Pixel suffers.

Maybe wait for word on the Galaxy s8.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Elephant Ambush posted:

I have the s7 edge and it works moderately well. Sometimes for no reason the framerate jumps up and it starts running very well. Then later it stops doing that for no reason and it just runs moderately well again. Occasional 1-2 second hiccups when starting a soul break, but only at the start, and very rarely, maybe once a day.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
The issue I have with the 7e edge is that the buttons offset a little so I have to tap above them. That Tab S2 runs without any problems, at least.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I blew my last 50 mythril on a last chance for Yuna BSB2.

I got a dupe Krile rod.

I'm done. Screw you Anniversary. Never chase.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Runs decent on an lg stylo 2 plus, but could be better.

I think the vault should be removed and just make the regular inventory bigger.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
Uggggghhhyucko. I did a 50 mythril on FFIII Banner 1 to get some more weapons for that synergy and wound up with a dupe Elder Staff and nothing else

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Mithross posted:

I have the s7 edge and it works moderately well. Sometimes for no reason the framerate jumps up and it starts running very well. Then later it stops doing that for no reason and it just runs moderately well again. Occasional 1-2 second hiccups when starting a soul break, but only at the start, and very rarely, maybe once a day.

That's android in general and what people usually are complaining about.

I have and S6 and the game runs just fine.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I rage pulled and now I glued several terrifying massive +water swords together for Tidus and still nothing for Yuna.

Again, never chase

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I rage pulled and now I glued several terrifying massive +water swords together for Tidus and still nothing for Yuna.

Again, never chase

Never not chase!

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
And then Scott's stats- clearly working with his Red Mage-ish set-up in Soul of Rebirth.

Scott
Black Magic 3, White Magic 4, Spellblade 5, Combat 4, Knight 4
Dagger, Sword, Axe, Hammer, Spear, Rod, Staff, Bow
Shield, Helm, Light Armor, Heavy Armor, Robe, Bracer

Gordon's USB has him taking inspiration from his departed brother to get serious.
Minwu's USB shows how darn good he is at this White Mage business.
Scott's BSB just needs a little help from the heavens to complete his weapon for some spellblading action (guest-starring the new AOE Ice ability).
Scott's SSB has him break out his ring to remember his love for Princess Hilda.
Ricard's BSB really, really likes Sky High.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Gotta admit I thought you guys were exaggarating OKs weakness early but...

A scarecrow would make for a more convincing unit than this 50 OK. Sub 1000 HP at 50, with realm synergy.

Really looking forward to growing him though, with the staff, gloves and armor he seems super flexible being able to nuke, heal or buff.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

100 gems got me Cloud of Darkness' Burst, so that's nice.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
I am sort of sad the Spring Festival stuff is gone. But boy am I glad I feel like I can do something other than farming Spring Festival.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Geocities Homepage King posted:

I am sort of sad the Spring Festival stuff is gone. But boy am I glad I feel like I can do something other than farming Spring Festival.

Like farming ff3 xp stages!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Did a pull on the ff3 banner cuz I've got Refia's burst but I don't have a decent weapon for her and not only did I get her rising sun but also Arc's burst as well, literally the only two items I wanted from the banner

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I was hoping to use this event as another shot at the onion gloves only to realize I have 5 items on banner 2. Doubt it's worth the risk. Guess I'll save up.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

fridge corn posted:

Did a pull on the ff3 banner cuz I've got Refia's burst but I don't have a decent weapon for her and not only did I get her rising sun but also Arc's burst as well, literally the only two items I wanted from the banner

I took one pull, and got Rising Sun (twice); I'm really debating taking another pull on the FF3 banner (I like the first banner much more than the second) in hopes of variety. Refia would be a valuable member for the melee team with her Burst - actually, she's pretty solid even without it - and there's a lot of other stuff on the banner I don't have. Like everything. But with FFT coming up...

Edit: Whoops, her burst isn't even on it. GLAD I DIDN'T

Prism fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Apr 14, 2017

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Why is it that FF3 is the only realm with xp dungeons? :mad:

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

0/1
3/11

CoD BSB, SSB, and Ingus's Shield.

I guess I'm using CoD!

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Why is it that FF3 is the only realm with xp dungeons? :mad:

Ff6 had them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Ohtsam posted:

Ff6 had them

Better question: why doesn't every realm have xp dungeons?

• Locked thread