Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Thokin on Turian Soldier makes a good case for Assault Rifles existing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
So uh, the little devices on the objective waves are easter egg baskets now.

I'm waiting to see if the Fiend has bunny ears.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Do I get a bunny flipping me the bird when I crash to home on wave 6?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Also, when are they going to re-implement the mission force start when 3/4 people ready up?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Also, when are they going to re-implement the mission force start when 3/4 people ready up?

They said in an interview that forcing ready is REALLY rude cause sometimes you had situation where a friend would un-ready and ready to give his other friend more time, so now you have lobbies being held up constantly by one rear end in a top hat, usually the host.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Alteisen posted:

They said in an interview that forcing ready is REALLY rude cause sometimes you had situation where a friend would un-ready and ready to give his other friend more time

That makes no goddamn sense

Nothing they do makes sense

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
It's only in the bronze Apex mission so it's not a great indicator of anything but Retrieval seems very easy because you're allowed to evade which is much faster than walking and also use powers like charge and cloak

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Charging with the package is amazing. They seriously didn't learn a drat thing from ME3, did they?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh hey I played on the new map finally, and I really like it. I hope it goes into regular rotation.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
Okay, guns with that thing are amazing. I could even take down a fiend on gold solo with the revenant with it. It'd take about a clip and a half (even with soldier and equipment mod buffs), but it's a drat sight more do-able than before.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

BenRGamer posted:

Okay, guns with that thing are amazing. I could even take down a fiend on gold solo with the revenant with it. It'd take about a clip and a half (even with soldier and equipment mod buffs), but it's a drat sight more do-able than before.

.....which thing?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Just had a lobby where some dude called me pathetic garbage for using the vanquisher, on firebase zero, while using the ammo glitch. he then left before I could think of something to say that would trigger him further.
He was also 9000+ apex, if that is any indication.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Just had a lobby where some dude called me pathetic garbage for using the vanquisher, on firebase zero, while using the ammo glitch. he then left before I could think of something to say that would trigger him further.
He was also 9000+ apex, if that is any indication.

welp time to toss it in dude, you're done

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Ok, haven't had a chance to play in a month. I have a human vanguard at level 7 or...very fun. You guys were right.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Two Finger posted:

I guess he was a representative of some reddit subforum where everybody uses Avengers and Katanas just to be honorable or some dumb poo poo.
gently caress that, I'm gonna use this poo poo until they either patch it out or ban me.
Or fix their game. That also.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

in the video i posted of me getting stuck in the roof on firebase zero i got a string of angry messages calling me a cheater, noob, i didn't do anything, reported you

i sent him the clip of me getting stuck and never heard back :(

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

Two Finger posted:

.....which thing?

Gasoline posted:

You put on two different ammo consumables, one in each slot. Only one of them will show up, the other will pretend to be unequipped, except it doesn't unequip and now the game thinks you shoot two bullets at once.

Here's a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpZtvYFo4fY

It does show both if you look at the squad equipment screen, though

alchahest
Dec 28, 2004
Universal Solvent
Had a good run, no multiplayer crashes since launch, and now I can't get through a single match. Best part is there's no error message, game just shits do desktop.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
So according to to a Bioware stream? Due to the new engine they cant do regular weekly server side balance changes like they did with ME3, rather MP balancing has to wait for single player patches ( and since they are client patches they require console certification ).

Yeah that blows.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010
They also did say they're working on something that will allow them to have weekly balance patches.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Having playoff games on the other screen helps make lonely pub stove gold runs bearable.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Where/when are these streams happening?

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010
https://www.twitch.tv/bioware

Happens every Thursday at 1pm PST, I think, I get confused by your American timezones. Basically it happens at 4am for me so I never watch it.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Two Finger posted:

arent you

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
Looks like they may have fixed the double ammo exploit server side -- whenever I equip a second type of ammo it deequips the first now

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

ShadowHawk posted:

Looks like they may have fixed the double ammo exploit server side -- whenever I equip a second type of ammo it deequips the first now

It looks like it unequips, but exit out without equipping another, and check your team's loadout. You'll see both, and you'll see both icons in game overlapping each other.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
just tested it and man does it ever work

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

The Iron Rose posted:

just tested it and man does it ever work

Anybody tested it with shotguns or the falcon/venom?

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Just did a gold extraction, in the last wave my sound stopped working and then no one got their credits, but they did get the exp....I know sometimes there is a delay and when you go into the store it's there, but not this time.

This game.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Combative upgrade report: AR's are still garbage even with the 10% extra damage.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Alteisen posted:

Combative upgrade report: AR's are still garbage even with the 10% extra damage.
I left my avenger X from a bronze apex mission still equipped and I can report that it's almost as good as a bog-standard raptor if you use the double damage ammo exploit.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer
We're still missing warp rounds, drill rounds, explosive rounds, toxic rounds, AP rounds, and phasic rounds.

And remember there's at least 20 pieces of equipment yet to come, longevity depending.

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
gently caress balance patches and tweaks and all this other poo poo; how about more than 4 maps?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Avalanche posted:

gently caress balance patches and tweaks and all this other poo poo; how about more than 4 maps?

5, and ME3 shipped with the same number.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I don't have a class to test it with, but i recently discovered in single player that the reflective biotic shield can reflect the ascendant orb attack if the center of it hits you. Might be useful in mp since it could potentially hurt other enemies in its path. As well as doing more damage than any gun to the orb.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Using the revenant on gold with the double damage glitch didn't feel OP in the slightest. Still took ~15 bullets to kill bog standard enemies on a soldier with an AR barrel IV. And the revenant is one of the best assault rifles, such as they are.

Which means worse guns like the avenger, zalkin, cyclone, mattock, and halberd are still going to underperform with literally doubled damage. They don't need to gently caress around with little changes because "oh nooo what if we made something slightly overpowered in a co-op game," they need to bring out the big numbers.

Avalanche posted:

There is a sixth map, they just won't use it for anything but once-a-weekend events for no reason.

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

Yeah, from that video it looks like it's best for high powered snipers because it bypasses the shield gate. Wait... is shield gate even a thing in this game?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

For someone who didn't play 3 much, what's the best way to tackle the drop boxes? Save up for big ones or just little ones?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

The "common wisdom" strategy is to fill out your commons and uncommons first, because then you don't waste drops in higher priced packs. The common wisdom is complete bollocks though, once your roster is filled any drops are just replaced by equivalent rarity consumables, they aren't upgraded or downgraded.

I think it works out best in the very long run if you buy only premium packs. That's a bit boring in the short term though.

This is a massive I reckon, and probably not absolutely optimal but: buy basic packs until you have gold capable classes at X (so... vanguard, infiltrator), the charger at X and viper at X, and melee mod at X. Then just vangod/infiltrate around gold matches and buy whatever packs are most likely to contain what you want next (hint: it's the vanquisher).

tooterfish fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Apr 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Yeah, I'd buy a handful basics until you've got something that can do gold comfortably and then switch to nothing but premiums. Ultra-rares are the only real bottleneck in the game, and you'll still be at Rank I-III on most of them even after you're Rank X on everything else.

• Locked thread